Of Familiarity and Informality

Dichotomy {Choose-Your-Own-Adventure with 17 or BTS}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of Familiarity and Informality

“Uh, guys…? We completely forgot that the manager said we’d be meeting the manager’s assistant today! This is really embarrassing…the dorm’s really messy right now, sorry. I’m Jungkook.”

“What on earth are you talking about?” is what you want to say, but what actually comes out is: “Huh?”

Oh, real intelligent, you scold yourself internally, although you soon forget your moment of ineloquence when you look at Jungkook. He’s staring at you as if he’s never seen you before, and he has on that shy, awkward smile he always gets when he’s around girls. Girls that aren’t you, that is. That makes you frown. “Why are you looking at me like that, Kookie?”

He almost hits himself with the door while he’s opening it for you – that’s how startled he is at what you’ve just said, although you can’t imagine why. You’ve always talked to him with that blunt, open attitude – you're close in age, after all – and you’ve always called him Kookie.

“Uh-” Jungkook stutters, and you cross your arms and stare at him with raised eyebrows, shaking your head.

“Ah, forget it. Are you going to continue standing there like a Calvin Klein mannequin, or are you going to help me with the groceries?”

“The manager’s assistant brought us groceries?” a sweet voice calls out, and Seokjin emerges from the archway leading to the kitchen, a bright smile on his face.

“Enough for three weeks this time, since you all managed to clean out the pantry way too quickly l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter