Final

Thankful Heart

A Thankful Heart

 Prompt:- Kyuhyun writes a thank you note for Yesung about all the things he take for granted. suju-verse please?

Yesung was tired.

 It had been that sort of day unfortunately. He didn’t have much schedules recently, especially with M being gone most of the time and therefore had a lot of free time. It seems however that SM had this odd habit of balancing it all back in the most ridiculous proportions. It would appeared as if they had vengeance on their mind when they arranged the schedules he had for the day, more meetings than he cared to recount, each droning about the same thing over and over again, when they all knew it was an exercise in fertility, ardently promising him better things to come when they would later do none of what they spoke about. He listened though. There was nothing else he could do really; listen and nod like a robot, smiling at the right intervals. They never listened to him and would do nothing he asked.

He was polite though. He was always polite.

He didn’t have much time left…a couple of months at best. The least he could do was remain civil and not embarrass his band mates. He just rather not think about all the broken promises and the plans that will never come to fruition. His mood was decidedly not pleasant after that, but he had an everlasting practice session that refused to end. It was beyond annoying but he was compelled. Apparently the higher ups thought he would lose some skill if he remained dormant and therefore set about to put him through his paces, the vocal coach exceedingly hard on him but thankfully atleast that was not in vain, various producers popping in and out to observe. Hopefully a new OST in his future.

 He was not holding his breath but it was still something positive and atleast he got to sing right?

He was therefore tired to the bone and exceedingly frustrated by the time he was finished, well into the night, his stomach grumbling the only reason the hardnosed vocal coach sparing him, though he was proud to say that he left with an earful of praise, the hard demeanour falling away as they both lavished him with praises for improving over the course of time and for maintaining his skill whilst not performing much. He was grateful for the kind words but he much rather it be transformed into kind actions. Instead of praising him for his skill, shouldn’t they be endeavouring to have that skill maximized? Should they not be making efforts to have that skill utilized? Since they were determined to let it waste away he could see no reason for the praises really. It was all just empty words, even if it did help his sometimes weak ego. Whilst it his heart, all it did was fuel the bitterness residing in his heart.

 He hated that sort of feeling. He truly did.

It however was quickly pushed to the backburner as soon as he checked his messages. The first little envelop, attached with a single beautiful name “Brat”, smiling automatically, the distaste that was clouding his heart previously falling away to be replaced by that general feeling of affection that always seemed to overcome him whenever he dealt with his young love. Just seeing Kyuhyun’s name gave him joy. If that was not an indicator of his sorry state when it came to the maknae he didn’t especially know what was. He continued to just grin at his phone until he realized that he must look like a right idiot, glancing around to ensure that no one saw his bout of love induced stupidity, only noting one of the EXO members….Luhan? maybe watching him with a bit of concern, schooling his expression to one less manic and gleeful, nodding at the young singer, who nodded shyly and looked away, Yesung positive that he had just scared the kid. That however did not stop him from hastily opening the message, this time doing it as he walked to the parking garage, thinking that he had less chance of scaring people if he were in motion.

“Hyung, come see me when you are finished ^^”

Simple and straight to the point. Yesung not sure what to make of it exactly.

Kyuhyun was never one for long extensive messages and in fact they rarely did that whole texting thing, one of those things that they had avoided over their time together, not wanting to fall into that trap and making their already extensive dependence on each other even more large and frightening. They both already seemed to have this insatiable need to be as close to each other as they possibly could, making the times they were apart rather difficult for them both. They had tried to keep it at bay however, the avoidance of constant communication one of the methods they used. That way they could atleast focus on the work they had at hand and not be living from phone call to phone call. He supposed that it was a bit of a drawback sometimes though. It was hard, especially when they were countries apart, the silence sometimes like knives in their souls, but it was for the best and they both knew it. They made exceptions of course, it being quite impossible to go days without speaking to each other.

Kyuhyun had only recently returned from overseas schedules with M, so he was in fact rather excited to see him. The message however was slightly odd, but if Kyuhyun was free then he was pleased. He had previously planned on returning home and just resting for a bit or maybe he would pop in the café for a bit and make the fans happy. As it was however he would be happy to go visit his brat. He was however a little unsure as to why Kyuhyun wanted to see him and found the message to be odd even if Kyuhyun was usually short. He rather just ignore it however, chalking it up to perhaps tiredness from the younger man, his plans changing instantly.

By the time he pulled into the garage of the building their dorms were located, parking in the spot normally reserved for Super Junior members, his spot now occupied by Donghae, he was excited to see the younger man, his mind forgetting all other encumbrances, just wanting to get lost in the maknae’s charms or well…whatever it was that made him love the brat so much. It was with glee that he made his way up the 11th floor, the elevator ride seemingly longer that it ever should have been. He really hated that sometimes. Every time he was anxious to see Kyuhyun everything seemed to take far longer than it should. He was trying for patience though, thinking that he would just annoy himself if he let himself feel anxious, instead humming along to the weird elevator music that was recently added, tapping his feet to the beat.  He was glad to be out of the contraption, punching in the code to the door, dislodging his shoes at the door and making his way past the kitchen, bereft of human life, wondering where the others were, realizing that Ryeowook and Sungmin were probably at Sukira and perhaps Eunhyuk was out with Donghae? It seemed likely. He was slightly disappointed though. Whilst he was there to see Kyuhyun in all honestly, he would have loved to see his other dongsaengs as well. Since most of them were overseas with M, he had missed them all terribly and would have loved to check in on them as well. It was a little sad really.

His disappointment however was curtailed somewhat when he found Siwon and Kangin sitting on the couch in the living room, both men happy to see him, the sentiment reflected by the Yesung, grinning when he saw them, hastily making his way over to them, Siwon stretching his hands out to him immediately.

“What are you doing here Hyung?” Siwon asked only after he had pulled Yesung to set beside him, the younger man hugging him halfway, the show they were watching forgotten momentarily, Siwon’s attention completely on him, Yesung petting his hair fondly, happy to see the younger man and Kangin, both of whom he had missed, though Kangin was not overseas, just not having the appropriate time to spend with him.

“What do you think Siwon ah? He is only here to see the brat” Kangin chuckled from nearby, laughing at his own comment, throwing a glance over to the other two, Yesung blushing at the statement, Kangin positive that was the only reason that Yesung make the journey to the dorms was to see his boyfriend, who he oddly refused to call his boyfriend.  Kangin thought that was hilarious, but in that moment, nothing was funnier than Siwon’s pained expression.

“Hyung? Really? You didn’t come to see me?” Siwon whined, rather upset that he was the one that his hyung came to see. He knew that Kyuhyun commanded his attention now and he was fine with that but still! Yesung was his hyung. He rather think that his hyung would come over to him as well. He wished that it was not just to see Kyuhyun, that bit of jealousy welling up in his heart,, eyes wide and large, staring at Yesung in a pleading way, wanting him to say that it wasn’t true in the least.

“Of course I wanted to see you too. I missed you so much” Yesung evaded and appeased in the same breath, glaring at Kangin for upsetting Siwon, the other man just chuckling with a shrug, leaving it for Yesung to deal with, the lead vocalist, throwing his arms around Siwon to appease him, not pointing out that he would have had no knowledge that he was there. He rather not say that Kyuhyun was the reason he was there, for obvious reasons, instead trying to make his dongsaeng happy. He knew that Siwon knew that he was avoiding the question, but they were both satisfied with the result anyway. He was in fact truly glad that he saw Siwon there. He had genuinely missed his dongsaeng as well, hugging him tightly, Siwon’s large frame barely fitting in his arms, feeling as if he were the one lost in Siwon’s arms rather than the other way around. That was decidedly annoying but he appreciated Siwon’s affection all the same.

He was then left to spend some time with his dongsaengs, precluded from asking about Kangin, not wanting to raise the topic again, fearing that Kangin would embarrass him, instead left to rest against Siwon’s lap as he watched the movie they were watching, idle chatter ruining the experience, but atleast informing him about all the activities that he had missed whne they were all away in Taiwan for the interim. He was happy to hear all the stories and spend the time with his dongsaengs, Kangin continuing to tease and Siwon trying his hardest to steal all his affection, happy to give him all that he could. He was more than slightly displeased when Siwon had to leave, the younger man having to return home, promising that he would visit him at the dorms or at home as soon as he could, hugging the life out of him before he left.

“You don’t have to stay on my account. I know you rather be with Kyuhyunnie” Kangin teased as soon as he could, Yesung not even returning to the couch properly, rolling his eyes at the accusation but making no effort to deny it, instead just leaving the room, Kangin laughing in the background, ignoring him completely, making his way to the younger man’s room, past the empty kitchen and down the short hallway.

He was however disappointed to find it empty, though he supposed he should have expected it to be so when he was allowed to spend twenty minutes outside without being interrupted at all. If Kyuhyun had heard his voice, there was no way he would have let him stay sprawled on the couch with Siwon, the younger man always a bit overly possessive. He felt stupid for not realizing that Kyuhyun was not home and even more stupid for the sudden disappointment that gripped him. All the while he was outside, happy as he was to be with his dongsaengs, it now all seemed as if he was just building anticipation until he saw the object of his affections, his heart falling when he saw the empty room. He still entered however, pushing open the unlocked door further, walking into the room, shaking his head when he saw the mess of clothes on the floor, picking up each piece as he went, feeling the texture and smelling the odour , wrinkling his nose when it was particularly bad, throwing what he had to in the hamper, cleaning the floor as he went, half the clothes now in the hamper, with the large yellow towel properly housed on the rack meant for it to dry and not on the floor as it had been, Kyuhyun’s shoes now back in the last shelf of his closest. By the time he got to the bed, atleast the room resembled something human’s lived in, picking up the younger man’s books and his games, storing them in their proper places, picking up the used wares, grumbling as he made his way to the kitchen to deposit them in the sink. His next task was the desk, tidying the papers around, fixing all his song lyrics and his short hand notes, smiling at the sight of his doodles, wondering how on earth everything became so messy, positive it was because Sungmin was no longer there to force him to clean it up and the dorm ahjumma not one to touch Kyuhyun’s things since he always complained that they would not be replaced in the right place, so it was better if it was dirty. Yesung sadly did not share that opinion, refusing to spend his time in a dirty room, something that Kyuhyun knew and therefore took advantage off, Kyuhyun claiming that Yesung was the only one that knew him well enough to know where all his things were supposed to be, Yesung just thinking the brat used his distaste for things out of place to make him clean his room for him. He was nearly entire finished doing exactly that, only left to make his bed and straighten his bedside table. He made short work of the bed, just re-tucking the sheets and  comforter, not doing extensive cleaning, just ensuring that the place was inhabitable, chastising himself for his dramatic nature, aware that it was not that bad, just a little bit messy. Any mess in his opinion was too much mess.

It was on the bedside table that he found it. A relatively small envelop, not the usual yellow tainted sort but those nice decorative patterned envelops with his name written in a neat scrawl, though it was obvious that it was due to a lot of effort, the bottom line having a simple request:-

“Read Me”

It seemed odd of course, the letter placed over a decorated box. Not a gift box exactly, but a lightly decorated, white papered box, trimmed with blue that caught his eyes. He naturally was rather curious, wanting to open both the box and the envelop at the same time. It would seem that Kyuhyun knew him too well, the box top containing a note:-

‘Open the letter first, Idiot. It does say Read Me, doesn’t it? kekeke’

He could smack Kyuhyun for his rudeness, feeling chastised even if the brat was not there, finding it scary how well Kyuhyun seemed to know him sometimes. He was hesitant however, afraid that it was a prank. Kyuhyun loved to do things like that and he was rarely ever spared. Of recent Kyuhyun was a it fearful of his temper so restrained but he was a still a demon. He would never make the mistake of under estimating the deviousness of his young love, the child always taking sick joke in messing with him. He was therefore rather wary of the letter in his hands, his curiosity in the matter clawing at him in a decidedly blatant way, wanting to know what Kyuhyun could have possibly wrote but fearing that it was just a joke and the younger would make fun of him later. He eyes the box with the same hesitance, wanting to take a peek first, figuring that would be a better indicator of what to expect, though instantly afraid of what the box could contain, with Kyuhyun’s mind it could be anything. The box was taken from him however, when he saw the next note on the box.

“No peeking Hyung!!”

Pfff…..it was not as if he was there to stop him anyway, Yesung mused. He could very well just flip the lid and have a look. It was not as Kyuhyun would know anyway. It was too easy really, but he refrained, not out of respect as he would later claim, but he was still afraid the box could just be a large prank and he would be covered in powder or whatever else the brat could have stuffed it with. He therefore turned his attention to the letter in his hand, the envelop smooth in his hands , the letter seemingly small and hidden and the over paper. It didn’t seem especially dangerous and really, what is the worst thing Kyuhyun could have written? Even if it was a prank, he had better get it over so he could plan the method of punishment for the younger man if need me.

With that decided he pulled himself onto the freshly made bed, taking a seat at the head of the bed, his back pressed against the headboard, legs spread in front of him, crossed and comfortable, the bed smelling like Kyuhyun, reeking of his deodorant and that very faint apple scent that he always associated with the younger man, reaching for one of his neck pillows, this one green and character shaped, the one that Yesung liked to hold on to when he spend time in Kyuhyun’s room and in his bed, resting it on his lap, the letter placed there as well, Yesung going over it in his mind before he reached for it.

The lapels came undone easily, the letter not sealed exactly, just loosely held together by a small sticker like attachment, Yesung easily sliding his finger beneath the fold, lifting the lid carefully, almost cutting his finger on the sharp edge, happy when he didn’t, smiling when he saw the sheets of white paper folded nicely, reminding him that Kyuhyun wanted to be a lawyer before he decided to follow through with the singing thing. He still maintained a lot of those academic habits when it came to things like that, Yesung extracting perfectly folded sheets of paper, angled and sort of pretty, not the messy way in which he would have done it. With the formalities out of the way, all that was left to do was read the note, deciding that it probably was not a joke, there being two sheets of paper. Kyuhyun would never chance his temper in such a manner, now even more curious, wondering what Kyuhyun could have written him…..was it a love letter?

He actually laughed out loud then. Kyuhyun would never do something like that. He would choke on his pride before he wrote him a love letter. It was a nice thought though, one that made him blush a bit to be honest.  He felt the warmth in his cheeks as he unfolded the piece of paper, the first thing coming into sight was the messily neat scrawl of his young love, written in dark ink, pretty against the paper, smiling at the first word, simply his name

‘Yesungie Hyung’

So you finally realized that it was not a prank then? I bet it took you forever….sigh….

Yesung pulling a face as read the first lines, the letters slanting across the page, and he could practically see the younger man smirking at him with his head shaking, that teasing look in his eyes, scowling at the imaginary Kyuhyun. How was he supposed to know that it was not a prank anyway?....Whatever

‘I also hope you didn’t cut your hand opening this. I was worried about that, especially since you are so injury prone Hyung….so careless really…..I was thinking to just leave it just so, but then it would  be sorta awkward. I hope I don’t have to help you put on a plaster like last time’

“I am not” Yesung denied out loud, though he subconsciously glanced at the finger that he nearly cut when he opened the letter, wanting to smack Kyuhyun for being right, shaking his head when he realized that he was deny it to an empty room. This brat!

‘ And don’t even bother deny it’

Pffff….well whatever. It really wasn’t fair that Kyuhyun seemed to know him so well.

"I will say this now. This is not a love letter. "

"I will never write you a love letter…..not that I don’t love you of course, but really…can you imagine me writing you a love letter? That would be really awkward and just sort of weird don’t you think?"

Yesung read the next couple of lines in amusement, feeling that familiar affection welling up inside him, coming from the want to hit the younger man, both common feelings when it came to Kyuhyun. He didn’t know what the rest of the letter contained but he figured that it would be something mushy if Kyuhyun went through the trouble to confirm that it was not a love letter. He was right though. It would be sort of weird if he wrote a love letter. It was just not in his nature. What it did however was pique his interest intensely, eyes darting to the rest immediately.

‘Now that you know that this is not a love letter, there are some things that I wanted to say to you. I am afraid that they are very mushy and sort of cheesy? Well I think it’s cheesy anyway. I figured that I would want to cut my own tongue out if I actually had to say it and would probably drown in the cheesiness of it, so I thought a letter would be better. I am sure it would just be too awkward to say it. You understand don’t you Hyung?’

Yesung smiling at Kyuhyun’s less than sweet descriptions of the words that he wanted to say, confirming that Kyuhyun was in fact not very good at this love letter business, but the words were in fact very Kyuhyun in nature and for that very fact made Yesung rather happy, his stomach warm with affection, his heart thumping happily with anticipation, feeling the love he had for the younger swell in his heart, excited to see the mushy words that Kyuhyun didn’t want to say to his face.

‘I just wanted to tell you how thankful I am to you. I know we don’t talk about this very often and I can’t say that I want us to either. I just…well…I know that you are leaving soon and well….I didn’t want you to go without saying these things. Since I knew that I would probably die if I had to actually say it to you face to face, I will just go ahead and say it here.’

Yesung's heart lurched when he read those lines, sitting up straight against the headboard, feeling that inane sadness associated with his enlistment. He knew it affected Kyuhyun more than he ever let on and it was for that reason that they avoided talking about it. He wished he could tell him that it was all better but he truly didn’t have that power. He however truly wished to know what was in Kyuhyun’s heart, reading with vigour.

‘I have come to realize that I sometimes take you for granted. I hope I have not hurt you. I would never want to hurt you. I truly hope you know that. I just realized that maybe I do not show you the appreciation that you deserve. I know you do a lot for me and even if I don’t say it I am truly thankful. I am sorry I am not better at this.’

If he were there Yesung as sure that he would have probably tackled him and then smack him at the back of his head. How could he even think that? Yesung always knew that Kyuhyun loved him and the younger man had always been more than kind to him. In fact he takes very good care of him and was very affectionate. Neither of them was very good with words, so Yesung never expected endless peals of gratituties. Instead he just wanted Kyuhyun to be happy and healthy and that was all the thanks he needed. He could just smack Kyuhyun for thinking he was anything less than perfect. He was perfectly imperfect and everything he needed. He truly wished that Kyuhyun knew that.

‘Even if I don’t acknowledge it sometimes, I am really happy and thankful for all the things that you do for me. I feel happy when you brush my hair back and let me rest on your lap even though I know you are tired. I am always grateful that you take the time to nag me about keeping warm and insisting that I cover up. I know that I always grumble and give you stress but I always appreciate your care. I am even happy when you fed me those nasty tasting vegetables and make me sleep because you know that I need to rest. I know make a fuss sometimes but I am thankful for all of that.’

Yesung couldn’t believe his eyes, scanning the words once more to make sure he was not imagining things, his heart burning in love and affection, disappointed that Kyuhyun was not there so he could smother the brat in his arms for being so perfect and loveable and always making him love his so damn much. He couldn’t describe the feeling settling in his, everything in him burning in that endless affection and devotion, feeling the whiteness of his love at its crescendo, his eyes watery from the swiftness of the affection in his heart. He had always done those things for Kyuhyun and had never once thought about it that way. He loved Kyuhyun and saw him as his responsibility. He never thought he was doing something special for Kyuhyun. He was just taking care of him selfishly. When Kyuhyun got sick he was the one that felt the pain in his chest, worrying about the younger man. When he let him rest in his laps, the comfort from his hair went both ways, the easy in his heart at just having Kyuhyun beside him was for his own happiness. He never once thought Kyuhyun had to be grateful to him. It was his duty to take care of his BabyKyu and it was his happiness to  do it. He wished Kyuhyun knew that. He was however rather touched by the words, at sweetness settling in his heart.

“I also know that I am not the easiest to deal with all the time. I can be childish and possessive and I make things hard for you sometimes. I wanted to say thank you for still staying by my side and always taking care of me. I bet you even cleaned my room for me didn’t you?..kekeke

You are too nice to me Hyung, even when you wring my ears and kick me out of bed.

Yesung seriously thinks that Kyuhyun misunderstands him. Kyuhyun didn’t seem to know just how much he loved him. Dealing with Kyuhyun, good or bad made him happy. Kyuhyun was his to love. It didn’t matter what happened. To him that was all that was relevant. Kyuhyun was perfect and wonderful and sweet and he loved him till it hurt sometimes. He didn’t think he could ever be too nice to Kyuhyun. The younger man deserved even more love and affection and he hoped that he could be the one that gave it to him.

‘I guess what all of this is trying to say is that….well….why is this so mushy? I have no idea how to say this and as you can probably tell I am just writing. If I think about this too much it would be really long and be even more weird. Is it really awkward? I hope you can understand what I want to say to you.’

Yesung chuckled, his heart purring with the affection once more, smiling at the cute explanations of the younger man, sensing that he had in fact just written the letter as if he were before him, the letter bearing all of Kyuhyun’s little personality quirks and Yesung stupidly thinks he just fell in love even more. He has no idea how that is even possible, considering he loved the younger man so much, but each day he loved him even more each time. Delving once more into the letter with a pleased heart.

‘Hyung…..I love you.'

'I don’t say it much and to be fair, neither do you, so you can’t get mad at me for not doing it. I really do love you though. And I am thankful for all the things you do for me. Even if I act as if I don’t know, I am always grateful to you. So really…just thank you for loving me too.'

Yesung thinks he could probably cry at the sweetness, instead laughing at the fact that the child was such an insolent brat, bargaining even then. Just because he didn’t say it, that did not mean Kyuhyun was exempted! The little monster. He understood what he meant though and it made him happy. He still didn’t think Kyuhyun should ever thank him for loving him but the fact that Kyuhyun even had that sort or sentiment tugging at him heart.

‘Now that cheesiness is out of the way, you can probably burn this….so mushy …..sigh….. You can open your present now by the way. I know you are dying to do it…..so materialistic…kekeke

No sooner was it said that Yesung was reaching over the table, a single hand wiping at his eyes, not tears exactly but that lost feeling, too far into his feelings and affection to focus on much, grumbling to the empty room that he was not that materialistic, still reaching for the box. It was slightly smaller than a shoe box, store bought for sure, lacking the normally bad wrapping that characterized all of Kyuhyun’s hand wrapped presents. With a happy heart, dispelling the allegation of being materialistic he pulled the lid open, only to yelp when a fake snake came shooting out at him, heart rate increasing rapidly, nearly dropping the box.

That bastard!

He knew it was too good to be true, hand tapping at his heart to keep it steady, imagining Kyuhyun laughing at him, wondering how on earth he even managed to set up the prank in such a small box, taking calming breathes as he reached for the box once more, this time approaching with caution, spotting the levier the idiot used to trigger the prank, wanting to smack him, made worst when he saw the note attached to the fake worm

‘You were scared won’t you?..kekeke….

I just had to it Hyung…not my best work but I am sure it was hilarious.

Yesung could only grumble to himself and promise to kill the brat for annoying him, fingers pushing away the trap, throwing it somewhere on the bed, determining if the rest of it was safe, sighing when it seemed to be safe, turning his attention to the rest of the contents. Inside was a few hydrangeas, blue and beautiful, Yesung smiling at the sentiment, positive Kyuhyun knew that the flower was used to express gratitude. Beneath the flowers where stacks of little things, like a few bandages, a small note on the top telling Yesung that it was for his paper cuts and all his other brain fails. Yesung was not amused but he still smiled. Next to that was a small stack of heating pads tied with a string, the typed note, saying they were for when he did his crazy dances and hurt his back. Yesung wished to protest. He was not a bad dancer but since Kyuhyun was not there he had no choice but to let him go on that point. Near those were packets of ginseng extracts and other health drinks, Kyuhyun only commenting that since he had to drink poison because of him he expected Yesung to do the same as well. There was also a stress ball and stack of chocolate candies, which apparently had no purpose but to ‘make you happy and to buy some forgiveness for the prank’. It was nearly at the bottom of all the other thoughtful, albeit snarky comment gifts that Yesung pulled out what he supposed was his real present, a new black bead band, except the charms on this one differed, unable to read the carving properly, Kyuhyun’s note saying he could add it to all his others from him, the engraving meaning ‘thank you’. Yesung was exceedingly touched by all the presents, despite the snarky comments, all meant to show that Kyuhyun wanted to take care of him as well. He couldn’t believe the thoughtfulness of the younger man, thankful he was not there as he was sure he would hug him until he couldn’t breathe.

‘Sorry about the prank…well not really…kekeke…… I am just sorry I am not there to see your eyes get all alien like…the pictures would have been glorious....what a waste!

 Do you like your presents? I hope you don’t have to use them much.

No matter what happens though, I hope to always be with you.

Love,

Kyuhyun

Yesung found that he was sad when he came to the end of the letter. It was something so special to him, clutching in his hands as if it were the most precious thing in existence. He had no idea how he would ever truly thank Kyuhyun for his love, the gratitude swelling in his heart, the situation not lost on him, aware that Kyuhyun was also just trying to thank him as well. It was just such a sweet gesture that he had no idea what to do.

 He also refused to release the letter, rereading the words, smiling at everything, feeling those sweet flutters in the pit of his stomach, only stopping to slip the band around his wrist. He could only hope Kyuhyun returned soon, positive he would burst from all the happy feelings that he was subduing, wanting to hug the life out of the younger man and kiss him forever, just too happy due to his kind words. He was severely tempted to call the younger man and demand that he appear before him but restrained, instead wanting to see him and hold him.

 He could do nothing but wait it would seem, pressing his back against the headboard once more, fingers twisting  the new addition to his wrist, each turn as if multiplying the love that he felt, the letter clutched in his hand like a prized possession, not wanting to be parted from it, rereading the words over and over again, feeling the same love and affection at each and every turn, wondering how on earth he ever got so lucky. Clearly he did not deserve someone like Kyuhyun. He promised himself that he would love him even more now and do whatever it took to take care of his BabyKyu. It was the least he could.

♥규 성♥

Kyuhyun wondered if Yesung had seen his letter as yet.

It was something that had been on his mind all evening, distorting his mind through his schedules, thoughts solely on the older man and his reaction to his letter and gifts. In a way he wanted to be there with him and see it all first hand, to see the tug of his lips or the arch of his eyebrows, to see the pull of his cheeks when he was surprised or hear the grumbles and threatened at his cheeky gifts. He wanted to just hold him in his arms and observe it all, to see all his nuances and reactions, to plaster his face with kisses and tell him that he meant every word of it. He was precluded however by the same reason he could not just say it. The awkwardness would kill him. He would probably want to throw himself off a cliff and he would blush burgundy and then Yesung would laugh at him.

He knew better than to try and say things like that, sure it would just get caught in his throat and he would make a mess of it. If he was teasing or flirting it would have been ease, the words flowing from a sugar tainted tongue, but since he was so genuine in his intention, he just knew the words wouldn’t come to him. The more he meant something the harder it was to say it seems. He wished Yesung understood his heart though, smiling at the thought. He knew he would. Yesung always understood him, no matter how it seemed. It was as if Yesung could see his heart directly and he was always grateful for that fact.

By the time he made his way to his room he was beyond anxious to see the older man, his worry and curiosity at equal strength. He figured Yesung would have seen the letter already, the older man likely to wait in his room for him and since there was nowhere else to sit really it was always left to the bed for them both. If he sat there, then there was no way he would miss the note attached to the side table.

He could only wonder how he reacted.

Was he happy? Was he touched? Did he think it was too cheesy? Was he mad at him for not having the courage or willingness to say it to his face? Did he like it?

The questions were bound to cloud his mind, despite his relative confidence that Yesung would accept his efforts. The older man was always minded to treat him with love and affection and tried his utmost best to understand his thoughts and feelings. Kyuhyun sometimes thinks that was why they were always so compatible. No matter how different they were, they were always willing to see the other’s mind. It was just another reason to be thankful to the older man really.

It still did not preclude that level of nervousness that overcame him, tentatively pushing at his bedroom door, taking a breath, ready to face the possible teasing, feeling sort of shy about it all. With uneasy fingers he pushed at the door, one last breath before he stepped in, smiling immediately when he realized that he was not tripping over his clothes, Yesung indeed cleaning his room for him as to be expected, all his clothes placed in the hamper and his books back on his shelf, smiling at the action. Yesung always cleaned his room for him when he had the time, feeling that usual affection for the older man, only multiplied when he finally spotted him, curled up on his bed, back facing him, more than likely asleep, Kyuhyun taking slow steps towards him, removing his outer clothes as he went, stripping his scarf and jacket away, even his sweater, only remaining in his t-shirt and jeans, ready to let them fall to the floor and then thought better of it, depositing it in the hamper nearby, not wanting Yesung's hard work to go to waste. Kyuhyun just staring at the adorable figure by the time he got to the bed, Yesung curled up with the letter in his hand and a smile on his face, Kyuhyun’s heart purring at the sight.

Whilst he could just stare at him forever he much preferred getting closer, carefully easing himself onto the bed, having to cross over the sleeping man, exceedingly carefully, not wanting to wake him as yet, Yesung a very light sleeper, holding his breath as he crossed over him, knee pressed against the mattress one after the other, falling easily onto the other side, taking a breath as he carefully moved, glancing at Yesung, the older man still thankfully asleep, twisting onto his side so that he could look at him, easing his body until he lay on his side, just staring at the beautiful man before his eyes, almond shaped eyes and cute nose, perfect jaw and rose bud lips. Kyuhyun smiling like a fool, just staring at him, wondering how on earth he got so lucky, reaching a hand out to take the letter from him, clearly loved by the older man, his fingers gripping the sheet of paper lovingly. With the precision of a surgeon, Kyuhyun removed the small fingers from the letter, one at a time, Yesung shifting in his sleep, Kyuhyun having to still his movements, least he wake him, finally getting the paper free, smiling at it before he reached over and placed it back on the side table, Yesung grumbling something in his sleep, nearly scaring Kyuhyun to death, afraid that he had woken him, not wanting Yesung to leave and go home, rather just have him spend the night with him, even if all he did was stare at him.

Finally settling himself back on the bed, just looking at the sleeping man once more, mesmerized by his beautiful innocent features, finding the grinding of his teeth to be amusing, biting back the chuckles, finding him to be perfect. It was nearly impossible to keep his hands to the side when Yesung moaned ligthly, shifting his head, Kyuhyun’s hand darting out at once. It just took too much self control not to touch him, too stressful to keep away. In a flash his large fingers were on that perfect sculpted jaw line, tracing along the delicate line, in awe of the man’s beauty, completely captivated, so much so that he couldn’t do anything when Yesung's eyes fluttered open. An adorable sight really. His long fingers caressing the soft silky skin, chocolate eyes staring into almond shaped beauty, eyes warmth and sleepy, Kyuhyun smiling out of instinct, happy to watch the confusion in his eyes, finding the sight of fluttering eyelashes to be beautiful, his heart sighing in contentment, his fingers still at the smooth skin, feeling himself to be completely in love.

“Kyu ah……..you are staring at me” Yesung mumbled after he blinked for the 17th time, Kyuhyun had been counting, his voice soft and sleep drunken, but Kyuhyun sensing the amusement playing in words, just smiling at the low tease the older man was capable of making even when half way asleep, his smile warm and lopsided, Kyuhyun wanting to smother him for being so cute.

“That is sort of creepy” Yesung further commented with a husky chuckle, the sleepiness mixing with it to make it even deeper, Kyuhyun loving the sound of his laugh, not even offended by the proclamation, aware that he was indeed being sort of creepy. Staring at Yesung that way could only be termed stalker like, but really, who told him to he so beautiful? To have such an innocent face? It was always too hard to look away.

“Sooner or later, some of your creepiness would have rubbed off on me” Kyuhyun returned with a chuckle of his own, laughing at his tease and the pout that Yesung wears in response, tugging at the older man cheeks, making him glare at him, feeling happy to just be near him. Yesung grumbles that Kyuhyun is a brat and Kyuhyun thinks he loves him even more, his fingers smoothing the silky skin before they are batted away, Kyuhyun displeased.

His displeasure is some remedied however when he sees the true reason for the action. Yesung pushing him away so that he would be unencumbered with his movements, drowsily pushing his body forward, Kyuhyun stilled as he observed him, Yesung shifting until he was next to him, body leaning into his, wrapping his arms around his middle, Kyuhyun smiling like a loon when he realized that Yesung wanted to snuggle up to him, shifting his body to accommodate him, Yesung sliding a hand underneath his side, another over his waist, both meeting on his back, Yesung's chest pressed completely against his, head snuggling into his throat, hugging Kyuhyun tightly, fingers at his back. Kyuhyun was not to be undone, sliding his leg between Yesung's calves, tangling their legs together, Yesung not fighting him, in fact very relaxed as Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around him as well, holding on to him lightly, not wanting to suffocate him as he was often guilty of doing. He always held on so tightly that Yesung sometimes had bruises after. He never said anything to Kyuhyun but the younger man can still remember the horror he felt when he first saw his finger prints in the older man’s skin when he slept. Instead of being overcome by his affection, he rather just pat the small of his back and let Yesung know that he was loved.

Kyuhyun was stunned into stillness however when he felt the first soft kiss to his throat, biting his lips at the warmth that erupted in his body, the fire burning in his insides from the soft heated touch, his hand naturally tightening on Yesung's back, the older man causing a storm in his depths, goosebumps erupting in a rush, electricity course his body, melting into the touch, his head falling into the fruity scented hair at his nose, rubbing his chin into the dark locks, enjoying the soft care, easy soft closed mouthed kisses, being repeated as Yesung lavished his skin with heat. Its not passionate, more sleepy than anything else and that is probably what makes it so special, the gently love that is always adorned with, the ministrations perhaps just an expression of affection and love rather than lust, Yesung brushing his nose against the skin, marvelling at the apple scent of Kyuhyun’s throat, pulling away so that he could say his peace before sleep returned.

“I read your letter. It was very cheesy” Yesung informed with a teasing smile, still weak and tainted by sleepiness, the drowsiness not leaving him yet, just too tired to wait for Kyuhyun, lying on the bed as he waited, the events of the day catching up with him swiftly, slightly annoyed that he fell asleep and was not able to welcome Kyuhyun properly, but he was happy in his arms, wanting to hold on to him forever, sleepiness clogging his brain but still wanting to express his gratitude from before, trying to look at Kyuhyun’s eyes, seeing the shyness in him, leaning forward for a kiss, a soft delicate peek to the younger man’s lips, over before Kyuhyun could react, smiling warmly at him.

“You like cheesy things” Kyuhyun counters with a smirk, Yesung wrinkling his nose at him, Kyuhyun leaning forward to peak his nose affectionately, the older man giggling, twisting his head away from the sensation, the motion trigging his sensitivity, trying to shift away from Kyuhyun.

“I do not! And you are just a jerk. Your gifts were not even funny, but I do like the band. Thank you” Yesung confessed in gratitude, his eyes shining in genuine thankfulness, smiling warmly at Kyuhyun, leaning forward to kiss him once more, this time a real kiss.

His lips sealing over Kyuhyun’s in certainty, easy delicate brushes, followed by a soft nibble, caressing the soft folds, Kyuhyun sighing into the kiss, enjoying the tenderness but not really to his satisfaction, instead capturing a fold and on it languidly, enjoying the taste and the warmth of the man in his arms, his nostrils invaded by the coffee cinnamon scent that often drove him insane, not forcing the kiss deeper, aware that Yesung was tired and sleepy, just wanting to have his fill of him before he let him sleep, moving his lips sensually over the pink softness, thoroughly enjoying the affection, sensual movement against movement, both enjoying the moment, Kyuhyun tugging on Yesung lower lip playfully making his grumble, Kyuhyun smirking against his lips, swallowing his complaints, aware that it menat nothing since he made no move to stop the kiss, Yesung's hands sliding beneath his t-shirt, caressing the milky skin at his lower back, small fingers tracing patterns that was driving Kyuhyun insane, breaking the kiss so he could take a breath and bite back the moan the movement of small fingers caused, Yesung using the opportunity to press kisses to his cheeks and nose, being rather affectionate, but Kyuhyun supposed that was just a by product of his gesture towards the older man, enjoying the petting that he was receiving, wanting to kiss him again, going towards his lip, but a second too slow, Yesung bending his head back into his throat, struggling against the area once again.

Kyuhyun could do nothing to draw him back until he tugged him and he was not so minded, instead making himself comfortable, assuming that Yesung's willingness to snuggle into his body meant that he was going to spend the night with him, the very thought making Kyuhyun happy, shifting his body to cradle the older man against his form as if he were something precious, and he was…to Kyuhyun anyway. The most precious thing he had ever owned, happy that he was able to make the older man happy.

“I am going to keep that letter forever…proof that you are way more cheesy than me” Yesung said into his skin, shifting until he found a comfortable spot, decidedly unwilling to move, thankful that he had texted his brother and told him that he was spending the night at the dorms, positive that he would not have the strength or the will to leave Kyuhyun after his confessions, just wanting to hold him in his arms as long as possible, vaguely wondering what happened to his letter but figuring that Kyuhyun must have moved it. He was intent on cherishing the letter for a long time, wanting to keep in safe and with him. It would be something he showed their grandchildren, if they ever had any, boasting about how much he was loved and how much he loved the brat. It was very special to him and would be for a long time to come, the sentiments expressed enough to have him bind himself to the younger man for an eternity, just happy and content and just in love really.

“Didn’t I tell you to burn it?” Kyuhyun laughed, figuring that Yesung would want to hold on to it and honestly, even if it was embarrassing, he didn’t mind getting teased about it. He loved Yesung a lot, and he was willing to own up to that love each and every time. If some teasing was the result then so be it. He figured Yesung wanted it more for the sentimental value rather than to and the idea that it was something that he treasured made Kyuhyun happy to his core. He was glad that he could make Yesung happy and he was thrilled that the older man was able to see his intention and appreciate his gratitude and his love for him. He would never be less than thankful for the mercies of the heavens, pressing warm kisses to the mass of raven hair in his eye line, hands tightening carefully around Yesung, holding him close as possible, the older man, snuggling against his collarbones it seems, shivering when he felt a light kiss to the skin.

“I love you, Brat” Yesung mumbled when he finally found the most comfortable spot, just beneath Kyuhyun’s chin, cheek against his collarbones, rubbing his cheeks against the smooth skin, the apple scent penetrating his consciousness, making him deliriously happy and lightheaded. He shifted comfortably, hands tightening around the man he loved, eyes fluttering close, getting comfortable, wanting to sleep, having missed sleeping with Kyuhyun in the times the younger man was in the Chinese mainland, missing his warmth terribly when he was away. He was grateful for the opportunity to be with the younger man, basking in his love and affection, feeling his own affection at a fever pitch, the words spilling from his lips in easy affection, not something that he usually uttered, but happy to say the words that he meant to the person that he adored, snuggling against Kyuhyun’s warm chest.

“I love you too Hyung” Kyuhyun whispered into his hair, aware that Yesung was close to sleep, feeling happiness in that fact, the slow motions on his back ceasing, Yesung's hold relaxing, just tapping his fingers against his back, embrace still tight as ever, Kyuhyun instead the one patting his back, lulling him to sleep, the least he could do for the person he adored, Yesung pressing lazy sleepy kisses to the warm skin, eventually his breathing evening out, Kyuhyun sighing in contentment, holding the embrace, lips pressing ease kisses to the dark hair, the endless contentment filling his heart, hoping that he would always be permitted to hold the man in his arms.

He was truly grateful for all the love he received, silently promising, vowing to the heavens that he would do all in his power to return the love he was showered with, staring down at the sleeping man clinging to him, his body warm from his touch and his heart purring in happiness. He didn’t know what was in store for them, but he wished wholeheartedly that he got to spend it with Yesung. A few last minute kisses, biting back a smile when Yesung mumbled something in his sleep, snuggling against the older man, his last words being a whispered thank you before he was claimed by the endless wonder that was sleep.

♥규 성♥

A/N: Happy Birthday Jen! Will hopefully get the new fic done soon :)