Afraid of The Dark Place, Aren't We?

Ignore Me Not!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook’s

 

What happened?! What are they talking about?!

I bite my lower lip and wait for the conversation to keep going.

“No, Sir. I didn’t told him” hyung looked down.

“You should at least told him, Seokjin. He must be confused” dad smiled at Jin. What the hell is happening?! I feel annoyed. What did Jin hyung hide from me?!

“He won’t believe me, Sir. I think it’s better if he don’t know this” I felt anger filled his mind. Now Jin hyung is completely make me mad. Dad sighed and shook his head.

“Yeah, you’re right” what? Dad? Really? “Kookie probably won’t believe you If you told him that someone put poison to his food..”

What?

I feel like my heart stop for a moment.

Someone put poison to my food? I watched in agape. So, the reason why Jin hyung bumped at the waiter who was carrying my food was because someone wanted to poison me?

 

**

 

Author’s

 

Jungkook shut the door slowly. His desire to drink was gone. Now he leaned on the door with heavy feeling.

Jin hyung knew someone wanted to kill me…

Jungkook fell on the floor.

He saved me but I shouted at him... I even slammed the door in front of his face…

Then the first tears rolling down to Jungkook’s cheek.

Even I let him sleep outside and threw so many harsh words at him

Jungkook wipe a single tear that escape his eye.

Jungkook punched the floor. Not really care if it hurts or not. He then got up fast before grabbed his blanket and ran outside.

Where is he?

Jungkook was no longer afraid to go outside. He forgot about the darkness. Focused on finding Jin.

He found Jin in the playroom. Sleeping on the sofa that completely too short for his body. Jin’s ankle hung on the armrest. Jungkook wanted to cry at the sight. The guilty feeling filled his mind and there was a lump in his throat.

Jungkook shook Jin gently.

“Jin hyung” Jungkook pouted. His voice was raspy because he forgot to drink and he felt the room spinning slowly around him. But he ignored it and focused on Jin.

Jin opened his eyes slowly and glanced at Jungkook. He sighed.

“If you only want to slam the door in front of my face again, then go away. Go find someone else to protect you, ungrateful brat” said Jin. He wasn’t fully awake and he didn’t think before let those words slip from his mouth.

Jungkook was taken aback with the words. He wasn’t familiar with harsh word being thrown at him. Jungkook pulled his hand from Jin’s shoulder.

“I…” Jungkook choked on his tears. “I just wanted to say sorry” and his tears spilled. Jin opened his eyes once again only to find a heartbroken sight of crying Jungkook. “I heard your conversation with dad before. And I-” Jungkook sobbed while wiping his tears. “And I just want you to know that I'm sorry for throwing so many harsh words at you. I’m sorry for being a brat and a burden. You don’t deserve any of it. I’m so so sorry you have to guard a kid like me. You deserve better” Jungkook sniffled.

Jin stunned.

“H-Here… if you don’t w-want to come back to our room, it’s fine. You probably hate seeing my face now and... and I knew you hated sharing room with me. I'll ask dad to give you a proper room...” Jungkook placed the blanket on Jin’s stomach and got up. “Goodnight hyung... I'm sorry” Jungkook wiped his tears and ran back to his room.

 

Was all that Jin thought when he realized what did he said to the boy.

Jin quickly got up and snatched the blanket before ran after Jungkook.

 

Jin punched the combination lock on Jungkook’s room and get inside. He saw the boy already sleep without his fluffy blanket. Well, the blanket was given to Jin before.

Jin put the blanket on the bed and quickly find his clothes before enter the bathroom to take a quick bath.

He came out fifteen minutes later only to find Jungkook laid back-facing him. He approached the boy slowly and arranged his blanket. Jin covered Jungkook’s body. He took Jungkook’s hand to slip the blanket on the boy’s body.

Jin eyes widened when he felt Jungkook’s skin burning. He moved his palm to Jungkook’s forehead.

The boy has high fever.

 

**

 

Jin woke Jungkook up by patting the boy’s cheek.

“Jungkook” Jin shook the boy’s shoulder. Jungkook wrinkled his forehead and opened his eyes slowly.

“Hyu..ung?” came out Jungkook’s raspy voice. Jin sighed. Jungkook coughed several times. “You’re back” he took Jin’s wrist. “I’m sorry hyung please don’t leave me” Jungkook still coughing.

“You’re having a fever. Wake up, you need to drink medicine” Jin swiped Jungkook’s bangs.

“No, hyung I’m fine” Jungkook refused. Jin sighed.

“Come on. Listen to what I said” Jin forced Jungkook to sit slowly. Jungkook held his head and goaned in pain.

“My head…” hissed the boy.

“Yeah. And someone just told me that he was fine” Jin replied with sarcasm. Jungkook smiled weakly. “Wait here, I’ll go get the medicine” Jin was about to leave when he felt something held his hand.

“No, please don’t go” Jungkook looked at him with sad eyes. “Don’t leave me” Jungkook lips trembled. He then coughed.

“I won’t leave you. I’m just going to get some medicine, I promised I’ll be quick, Kookie” Jin Jungkook’s hair gently. Jungkook seemed hesitate for a moment but then he smiled and nodded.

Jin ran downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed the medicine. He frowned when he found there’s so many medicine that has Jungkook’s name on it. This boy fell sick often.

Jin came back to the room. He the light and found Jungkook coughing hard while clutching the blanket to his body.

“Hyung?” Jungkook’s voice was about to gone.

“Here” Jin handed Jungkook a glass of water. Jungkook took it but his grip was very weak and he almost dropped the glass if Jin didn’t catch it. Jin sat beside Jungkook.

“Open your mouth” command Jin. Jungkook obeyed. Jin placed the medicine and helped Jungkook held the glass. Jungkook drank the whole glass. “Now sleep, you should feel better tomorrow” Jin helped Jungkook laying on his bed. He tucked the blanket and patted above Jungkook’s blanket.

“Hyung” called Jungkook.

“Hm?”

Jungkook seemed troubled. “I’m sorry about earlier” Jungkook rubbed Jin’s hand. Jin melted instantly.

“Forget it” Jin said. He patted Jungkook’s head. “Now sleep”

Jungkook nodded. “Goodnight hyung” Jungkook smiled and closed his eyes.

“Goodnight Jungkook”

 

**

 

The morning came and Jungkook’s fever already gone. His hair tousled everywhere. Mouth slightly open. It’s Saturday and it me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter