Who's your mama?

I Am Not Ashamed To Love You

 

 

~An hour later~

I started freaking out in my seat.  This is atrocious! I am just a makeup and fashion artist.  No one said we are going to have to perform in front of all these students. I can’t compete with all these gifted people, especially those seven Asian boys! They look like they could kill the stage with their presence!

This is just so sudden.  It only felt like a few minutes ago when my parents and I entered the main building, and a friendly woman escorted us to a theater like room. The audience was pretty loud and big. It was full of students and parents sitting and waiting for the orientation to start.  The stage was a decent size and the curtains were blue and glittery.  A woman wearing a sparkly suit came from the glittery curtains and explained to our parents that they will be escorted out of the theater to a different orientation room specifically for the parents.

 Once all the parents left, she just went quick to the chase and told us we are going to perform…..like…right now.  I can still remember the crazy words she exactly she said to us.

“Okay kiddies! Now that your parents left, we are going to have some fun.  We will do this orientation BS another time.  Right now, we are going to see what you got.  I have a list of your names and I am going to call most of you, and those who I call will perform on this stage that I’m standing on infront of me and your peers. No chickening out or I will kick you outta here! Ok, first on the list is going to be a group of seven boys.  They are called GOT7.  Come up and show us what you got….oh and, call me Lindsey”

And this brings me to why I am freaking out in my seat. 

Everyone around me looked anticipated which made me even more uneasy.  I asked a girl with purple hair next to me who was cheering why no one was shocked that we had to perform on the first day of college.  She then gave me a confused look and started laughing at me.

“What are you talking about? It’s UPA’s known tradition for freshmen students to perform on the first day.  It’s such a known tradition that no one really bothers to remind first year students about it.” She laughed.

“Wait?!” Everyone knows?”

“Duh! I don’t know how you are going to survive in this school if you don’t even know the tradition.  Even people who don’t even go to this school knows.  Well this is going to be a fun performance when Lindsey calls on you.” She snickered as she went back to her business and started cheering with the crowd again.

Great! I just ruined my reputation in less than two hours.  And this purple headed has such a bad attitude. I bet this is going to tell everyone how I didn’t know about UPA’s tradition and to make it worse, I am going to be humiliated on stage if they call on me.

I tried to not think about it and focused on the seven boys on stage.  The students were cheering like crazy for them. 

I was in the front row so I was able to see their faces easily.  They were all very handsome, especially the guy in the snapback.  He was wearing a purple and white Jersey (UPA’s school colors) that said “Jackson” which made me figure out his name.  The front of his snapback said “Wang” so that might be his last name.  He was really attractive.  He has the biggest eyes out of the seven boys.  He had fair skin like my dad.  He gave off a bad boy look, but he still looked friendly enough to approach. Probably because he smiled the most out of the seven boys.

Lindsey gave the mic to one of the boys and when he began to speak, the audience immediately got quiet.  He shyly smiled when he noticed how attentive the audience became.  He was also attractive, he had a y and strong jawline.  He really had a strong masculine look. He also gave off this bad boy look that Jackson had.

“Hello, my name is Jaebum or you can call me JB.  I am the leader and main singer GOT7.  I am from Korea.  We are mainly known for doing dance and singing covers of kpop songs on YouTube.  I came to America last year because there was a 5 month dancing program that I wanted to join and that’s how I met the rest of the boys who are here on this stage with me.  We got really close and eventually decided to form a group called GOT7.  We have 3 hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube and I want to thank my fans for subscribing.”

Everyone applaud at JB’s introduction and they applaud even louder when JB gave the mic to the next member next to him.  He didn’t have a bad boy look, but more of a classic handsome look.  He had very large ears, but they were cute.

“Hi. My name is Junior.  I am from Korea.  I am the lead singer of GOT7.  I will work hard in UPA to become a better student and a better entertainer for you guys.”

Junior’s introduction was simple, but very sweet.  He seemed like gentlemen to me.  Junior then gives the mic to the member who wasn’t necessarily handsome, but more pretty.  He was prettier than me, which was not fair at all.

“My name is Mark.  I am the oldest being twenty two.  I am in charge of martial arts and rapping in GOT7.  I am from LA.  I am glad to have met these guys at the dancing program.  I am usually quiet, but I can be fun to be around.

“Lies! He is not fun to be around.  His dog Coco talks more than him!”  Yelled Jackson, trying to project his voice because he didn’t have the mic.  

Me and everyone else started laughing.  I heard Jackson’s high pitched laugh over all the other laughs.  His laugh was kind of cute.

“I’m going to get you Jackson”. Mark joked as he gave the mic to him.  I was really excited to hear what Jackson has to say.

“What’s up, my name is Jackson. I am in charge of martial arts, rapping…..oh and I’m wild and y.”

Everyone including myself burst into laughter from Jackson's introduction.

“No no, don’t laugh. That’s my member title, I wasn’t trying to be cocky!!!!” Cried Jackson.

His big eyed worried puppy look that he was giving just made me laugh even louder.  He seems like the mess of the group, but I found it sort of endearing.

“Hahaha no but really, I do bring wild and iness to our performances.  Oh and I’m from Hong Kong.  I use to do fencing when I was a teenager, but decided that I want to pursue in dancing and rapping.  JB told me we have a lot of fans in this school so I would be happy to hang out with you, but hey we can’t eat meat together until I eat some with Junior.  He is still cranky that I ate meat with BamBam, but not him.”

“That’s not a joking matter! You never eat meat with me and you had the audacity to then go get ice cream with him!” Junior snapped.

“Junior I love you and meat doesn’t determine love okay… Let’s talk about this after?  This is getting too personal to be discussing this on stage.”

Junior smiled to himself from Jackson’s words.  He was trying to hide his smile, but I could still find that tiny grin on his face.  I was pleased by their bromance.

Next member to speak was cute.  His eyes were small, but it brought a cute charm to him.  He was like a dorky cute.

“Hi everyone my name is Youngjae.  I am from Korea.  I am the main vocalist of GOT7. Ahhh, I don’t know what else to say right now, please forgive me.  I am not good with these kinds of things, I guess I can say that I can be kind of a spazz.

“But his voice is the most beautiful!” Jackson loudly mentions. 

Next was a member who was slightly tanner than the other members.   He looked like the fashionista of the group. He was the only member with dyed hair, which was a nice light brown.  He was also wearing a leather jacket and skinny black and white striped jeans.  The vertical stripes made his thin legs look more noticeable. l.  He looked very young, so I assumed he was probably the youngest member.

“Hello everyone, my name is Bam Bam.  I am from Thailand and I am the rapper of the group.  Ladies you can come to my house anytime for some Tom Yum.” Bam Bam said flirtingly.

“If only the ladies knew how Bam Bam acted when Mark chased him in a ghost costume” Jackson randomly blurts out.

Bam Bam gave a death glare to Jackson and to Mark as well who was laughing like a hyena from Jackson’s remark.

And last but not least was a very tall member.  He was the tallest of the group, but looked like the squishiest.  He reminded me of a giant teddy bear.  When he talked, he had a very small and shy voice.

“Hello, my name is Yugyeom.  I am from Korea and I am the main dancer of the group. Oh and I am also the maknae which means the youngest.  I am grateful for my hyungs as they teach me to get a thicker skin.  They also defend me from anyone who doesn’t treat me well.”

I was so touched by Yugyeom’s introduction.  He was so sweet.  I was surprised he is the youngest.  I thought it would be Bam Bam because he looks the youngest, but I can definitely see Yugyeom being the maknae though he is very tall. 

The members seem to know English even though 6 out of the 7 members are international.  From their introductions, I believe Mark and Jackson knows English the best……well Duh of course Mark.  The rest had a much stronger accent and sometimes had to briefly think about the words they had to say rather than being able to say the words fluently like Mark and Jackson.  Youngjae looks like he knows English the least.  Nevertheless, their English was good enough to get by.

Yugyeom walks to JB and gives him the mic.  JB then pulls out his phone and plugs it in the small stereo that Lindsey points out to him.  JB then begins to speak again.

“We will be doing a performance cover of "10 out of 10" by the Korean group 2pm.  I will be playing the music on my phone.”

Once the music started playing, everyone including myself got hyped and started cheering.  Once they started dancing, I became extremely impressed.  They were all feeling the music and got hyped.  My mouth dropped when I see Jackson and Mark doing flips and martial arts.  I was surprised with JB’s hand stands because he said he was just the main singer.  They were all great dancers, especially Yugyeom.  I was impressed with Youngjae because even though he looks dorky and spazzy,  he was able to do the choreography well.  The vocals were nice.  The song wasn’t a vocally challenging song, so I am looking forward to see Youngjae, JB, and Junior’s singing capabilities.  However, the rapping from Jackson, Bam Bam and Mark was nice though I feel the song wasn’t that much of a rapping song either.  It seemed more of a catchy song to just have fun to, which is good too.  It just makes me look forward to see them do some hardcore singing and rapping.

After their performance everyone standed up and clapped.  I was screaming on the top of my lungs with the rest of the crowd.  I was having so much fun that I forgot all of my worries that I was having.  This song was such a jam.   I already had the chorus  “10 out of of 10” in my head.

 
(Ship jeom manjeome Ship jeom)
Geunyeoui darineun meotjyeo, darineun meotjyeo
(Ship jeom manjeome Ship jeom)
Geunyeoui nallineun meoritgyeol, nallineun meoritgyeol
(Ship jeom manjeome Ship jeom)”

 The boys smiled, bowed and went off stage to go back to their seats which sadly wasn’t near where I was sitting.  They were so far that I couldn’t really see them well.

I was so by Jackson’s deep and manly voice.  He really started to attract me more and more.  I couldn’t keep my eyes off his muscular biceps and thighs.   I really wanted to talk to him and maybe get his number.  Who knew that I might fall for someone on the first day of college.

When Lindsey started calling out students to perform next, I remembered that I might have to perform on that stage…in front of people……….in front of the super talented Got7!!!

I turned to the purple headed next to me again.

“Um Hey” 

“What?” She quickly turned to me with a very annoyed look.

“So I don’t understand how I am supposed to perform when my focus isn’t even on performance. I do makeup and fashion.”

“Oh my god! Do you know anything about this school?  Only the performers get to perform.  Makeup and fashion artists have their own thing tomorrow.”

“Really? That’s means I’m not going to be publicly humiliated in front everyone!? This day can’t get any better!!!”

“Whatever, it’s a shame that I won’t be able to see you make a fool out of yourself. Meh, from your IQ I don’t even know if you can even do makeup right.” She snickered and went back to her business.

I ignored her rude comment because I was too ecstatic that I wouldn’t be performing.  This day has made a complete 360 and became the best day.

Lindsey then introduces other performances.  There were singers, instrument players, actors, pretty much anything that has to do with performing arts.  I was captivated with how many talented performers are in this school.  I can’t wait to do makeup on them and dress them up.  I know I will soon be able to doll up the performers in the program I am in.

Lindsey started talking again.

“How talented are these students?!  I am sorry, if I didn’t call on your name, but you will have your chance.  I will be having a closing act with Bam Bam from GOT7 and Jackie. They will be performing “Who’s your Mama” by J.Y Park.”

Coming out from the sparkly curtains, I see Bam Bam dressed in a hot pink suit wearing shades and then I see Jackie, but I immediately became jumbled from the sight of her because she looked quite muscular for a woman.  There was no way a woman can have shoulder that broad. I looked closely and squinted and then I began to laugh.  It was Jackson dress up as a woman.  He wore a long blonde wig, a pink sweater, shorts, and little black high heel boots.  He also had eye makeoup and red lipstick.  What a jokester.  It was so obvious that it was Jackson.  It looked exactly like him and he changed his name to Jackie….I mean look how similar their names are… “Jackson”….. “Jackie”!

“Hello I’m Bam Bam again and I will be performing “Who’s your Mama” with Jackie.  We rehearsed this a lot so please enjoy.  I am sure that the beautiful Jackie will over shadow me”

I giggled from Bam Bam’s comment about “Jackie”…aka Jackson.

Bam Bam then gives the mic to Jackson. I was surprised that he didn’t try to talk in a female voice.

“Ni hao! my name is Jackie!  I am from Hong Kong. I am the beautiful twin sister of Jackson”

I burst out in laughter which caused everyone in the crowd to look at me.  I was confused why no one was laughing, I mean Jackson dressing up as a woman and pretending to be his twin sister is the funniest thing ever.  They must have no ing sense of humor.

The music began to play and it had a funky beat to it.  The performance was comical, but it was also well put together.  I am not going to lie, Jackson looks attractive dressed as a woman.  I never said that before to any man that was dressed as a woman.  I guess Jackson is so attractive that nothing can make him look unattractive hahaha. I was liking the song they were performing so much that I immediately started singing to the chorus with the audience.

“Shake that booty, that booty booty.  Shake that booty that booty booty.”

Jackson’s deep and y voice was really .  It made it even hotter when dressed as a woman. I don’t know, the contradiction was amusing for me with the masculine voice and feminine attire.  The whole crowd, including me screamed when Jackson does a split.  Who knew he can be this flexible?!  Bam Bam and Jackson end their performance with a y pose where Bam Bam is between his legs grabbing his .  I responded by screaming and whistling at them.  I think I like this performance more than GOT7’s “10 out of 10”.  As Bam Bam and Jackson went to the back stage probably to change their clothes, Lindsey began talking to us again.

“We are done with the performance today.  Thank you all for performing and or watching the performances.  The exit is behind of you.  Please no running, we don’t want anyone suing us…I kid…I kid.  I believe you will be heading to your rooms.  You should have gotten an email of your room number.  Just go to the dorm building and you will get your dorm key. Orientation will continue tomorrow. Goodbye kiddies.” Lindsey said as she was closing the performance.

I wanted to wait for GOT7 to leave so I can follow them and talk to Jackson. I wanted him to notice me so I want to say something that will make him laugh.  I finally see them exiting so it was my cue to follow them. I noticed Jackson and Bam Bam changed back to their regular clothes. 

Suddenly, I started to get really nervous.

What am I going to say!? Should I make fun of his cross dressing? Yes! That’s it! I will do that! I will say that he makes an ugly woman or something. He will find me funny for sure….I…. I need to make him laugh.  I need to stand out for him to like me. Oh will he like me?! 

 

~To be continued~