Chapter 4

House of Cards

"-gi..."

"-oongi."

"Yoongi."

"Min Yoongi!"

The person in question opened his eyes and closed them again, bright light sending a wave of pain to his alcohol-abused brain. Slowly he opened his eyes again and looked at the female in front of him.

"Zinni."

"To you, Min Yoongi, I am JinHee-noona." The woman said and gave the boy on the floor a judgmental look. "You sleeping on the floor like this, have you no shame?"

"You're not my eomma to judge me, noona." Yoongi held onto his pounding head and tried to remember why he was on the floor.

"I am letting you sleep in my place, so at least I have the right to ask. Why are you sleeping on the floor?" The woman tapped her foot impatiently.

"Is it not allowed?" The boy slowly rose up from the floor, holding onto his aching head and wobbling towards the small kitchen.

"You didn't show up at my workplace." The woman's tone had a tinge of worry hidden underneath, seeing Yoongi in such a state. The boy didn't reply, so she continued. "Weren't you the one who promised me to help deliver some pizzas?"

"A, gurae." He agreed and reached into the first-aid kit, getting some medicine for his headache and downing it with a glass of cold water.

"I thought you liked helping me out. You did so well that time when helping Koo-" Zinni bit her lip, cursing herself in her mind for mentioning the forbidden name that slipped without thinking.

Yoongi stood frozen for a second, images of happy Jungkook flashing in his mind and then being replaced by the memories of that fated night. He scoffed at the woman for bringing those painful memories back and walked to the living room.

"Min Yoongi. Don't you dare start drinking right away, you hear me?!" The female shouted and walked after the seemingly unstable boy.

He was about to pour a glass of whiskey and groaned in frustration when it was taken away from him.

"The only way to solve this is to go talk to him. Drinking won't make the problem go away." She harshly stated and shoved him towards the staircase. "Go take a shower, you stink."

"..." He dragged his legs up to the second floor, trying to push away hurt Jungkook's face out of his mind, but to no avail. He swore he will manage to get a drink later on. It was his only salvation. It was his only way to not think of that beautiful face staring at him with hurt and painful expression.


He ended up not drinking and helping noona out with pizza delivery. After all, she let him stay in her place, eat her made food and use all the necessities. He was thankful and this was the way of paying back. Having a friend like JinHee was a blessing he felt he didn't deserve.

When he was done, Yoongi scratched his head, thinking of the best place to go for drinking tonight. He would usually just drink alone at home, but he didn't want to burden Zinni anymore thus he knew this time his salvation was any bar. Well, not any really. He needed a pla-

"Suga?.." A voice called and Yoongi spun around, knowing right away that gentle undertone.

"Hyung?!" He wanted to hug the other but the boy was not sure if his eyes were not deceiving him.

"What are you doing here all alone?" The other asked, leaning into a wall, a Polaroid camera in his hands.

"I..." He didn't have the courage to reply. The all knowing gaze of his hyung was stabbing him too much. Yet he knew hyung wasn't judging.

"A real man always apologizes for any mistake he did. Even if he feels he was right. He needs you, Suga..."

Being called 'Suga' meant hyung was a bit judgmental after all, but Yoongi didn't care. He hung his head low, knowing he will end up listening and going to the place he fears the most right now.

"Go to him. Go and tell him everything. He will understand. I know he will." The older finished and snapped a picture. "Ah, I miss your smiling face..."

 

Yoongi stood for another minute and then looked up at his hyung, ready to thank him .Yet all he saw was an empty street and he wondered, if he imagined it all or did his hyung really tell him all those words. Well, no matter which one was correct, Yoongi knew he will end up going back. That's what hyung would want him to do. No, that's what Yoongi wanted to do.

 

A/n. Sorry if this feels short, but we are approaching a long chapter soon. Hope you enjoy this and I hope this answered a few questions. But then again, this probably gave you even more questions, right? Well, see you on the next update. Thank you all subscribers, comment writers and readers m(_ _)m