Epilouge Part 2

One More Day...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara drank that night after she visited Jiyong's grave. Three years. Three damn years and it still hurts! Everytime she look at Woojin, their son. All he reminds her is his father. If only she could bring back time, she will not allow it to happen. Jiyong commiting suicide.

"Jiyong-ah, come back" she cried. "You should be here with us, not buried 6 feet under" she added as she poured soju on her glass.
"Did you missed him? Kwon Jiyong?" A voice asked her, she looked up and saw someone, an old man was sitting in front of her. Who is this person? How did he know about Jiyong? "You want to be with him? Together with your child? I can grant that" he said. Dara, even in a drunk state couldn't believe what the stranger offered her. "I'm not bluffing. All I need is a yes or a no" he said. "Do you want him to be with you?" he asked.
"Yes" was Dara's answer. She saw the smile plastered on the old man's face.
"Very well, your wish will be granted" That was the last thing Dara heard before blacking out.
"Yah" she was woken with a startle when she felt someone held her shoulders. "How could you? You're sleeping. Seriously, I was talking about the handsome transferee we got and you just slept?" she heard her best friend's voice before she turned and faced her. Her eyes nearly fell out of their sockets when she saw her best friend dressed in a school uniform, their high school uniforn. "What the heck. What's wrong with you?" her best friend asked.
"N--no-nothing" Dara stuttered as she saw herself in her school uniform also. What's the meaning of this? What did the old man do? "Chaerin, what's the date today?" she asked.
"Strange. Not a second ago, you were so excited while you plan everything for Jiyong's birthday tomorrow" Chaerin told her as she eyed her suspiciously. Her body froze at the realization. Tomorrow? Jiyong's birthday? She now realize what did the old man did to her. He transport her back to time to where she was given an opportunity to change the future. Their future.
"Chaerin, I have to go. Cover me up for a while if the teacher came" Dara said as she rushed out of the room.
"It's lunchbreak" Chaerin murmured as she watched her friend rushing out of the room. "Did she hit her head?" she wondered.

Dara looked for Jiyong around the school but didn't saw and then remembered where she saw him that day. She rushed to the classroom and saw Jiyong preoccupied at the moment.

"Yah" she called him but no response. He was in deep thought. She could swear that all Jiyong was thinking at that time was...death. She then saw a crumpled paper at her side, she took it and hit Jiyong on the head, causing him to break away from his thoughts. "Hey, it's lunchbreak now" she said, checking her watch in case. "I couldn't get your attention so...I threw it" she answered.
"Oh. Sorry" Jiyong said with a little smile. The same smile he had that day. The same little fake smile.
"What's wrong?" she asked her as she and Jiyong went to the cafeteria to eat. Honestly, what is happening now is exactly like what happened 3 years ago.
"Nothing. Nothing's wrong" he assured her with a smile but she would not buy that. She knows what will hapoen if she believed that. She knows that everything will fall apart if she believed. Because, at exactly 12 midnight, he's gone.
"You know, if you have problems. Just tell me" Dara said as they got on their table. "I'm your girlfriend for a reason" she said.
"I'm fine, don't worry about me" Jiyong told her as he held her hand before kissing it softly. She missed him. She missed him so much and she can't lose him again. Not now, not ever.
"Where are we going tomorrow for your birthday?" Dara asked him. 
"Anywhere is fine" Jiyong answered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter