A Sirens Life For Me

Sirens' Song

WARNING!! 

Very dark moments, and possible trigger warnings with some swearing!!

 

 "Revenge is sweet" as the saying goes. 

Yet it seldom makes things right, and once served, can leave us feeling empty, dissatisfied,

and perhaps regretful about actions that later seem out of character, and against our values.

 

Ariane: 

Cold. My body felt cold, and weightless as I fell deeper into the sea. My vision faded into nothingness until my body succumbed to the ocean completely. Right when I knew my end was here the rage consumed me until there nothing remained of my thoughts. I wanted the people that did this to me to suffer. To feel the suffocation that I feel as the air left my body. To be in pain like I am until the cold numbed me. Have the hope ripped from them as the darkness consumed them, and to have their heart ripped open like how mine had been when the love I had was taken from me. Hatred and revenge was what my soul craved, and just as my heart beat its last something happened. My body became warm, and the pain of not being able to breath became comfortable when a voice spoke to me.

"Do you really seek revenge my child?" Yes I wanted it.

"Do you wish to see the man that scorned you to feel your pain?" Unbearably so.

"So be it child. You shall have your wish." Then I felt it.

My pain came back ten fold as my bones broke only to mend themselves while my skin felt like it was tearing along with my lungs until water, and delicious air filtered back into my body. The unbearable cold became comfortable to me, and finally my eyes opened. Where there had been legs was now the tail of a shark, and my fingers themselves had become webbed. A silver color caught my eye as I realized that it was hair, but not any hair, mine. Glancing around, figures started to swim towards me from above only to surround me. The sirens. They had come for me, and to be witness to the birth of a new siren. I felt their hands touch my tail and hair as they sized me up to see how I had changed. Head siren placed both her hands on my cheeks before smiling at me to hide the sorrow of seeing what had become of me. I knew she had wanted me to be happy only to become the very same cursed being as her. She led me to the surface again.

"My doll...I am sorry for not being able to save you." I knew she meant the human women.

"Thats ok. I know you are not allowed to interfere with the problems of humans and especially not ones that happen between women." She sighed at this.

"What will you do now doll?" I smiled as fangs appeared.

"Revenge. I will get revenge." At this she nodded in knowing. 

"Revenge you shall have...."

Months went by as I led sailors from the kingdom to their watery grave making sure no villagers were injured. I only wanted the people from the castle to suffer. This went on as I tempted and seduced my way until my chance for revenge came. While knowing the risks, the prince, now king had decided to hold his wedding on a magnificent boat on the coast. He thought if he was close to land the sirens wouldnt attack. Especially since it would be held in the day, and sirens were known to attack at night.. Except that it wasnt the case for me. I had no problem in the daylight. Not only that but it was discovered that I could effect men as well as women with my voice. The first siren to do so, and that made the other sirens nervous since that meant I held some power over them as well, but of course I would never do such a thing to them. 

I watched as the Kings ship anchored itself in the coastal waters by my village. The audacity to do such a thing after being the death of me. The rage built as I saw who the King was to marry. The very same concubine that had planned my death. Waiting for the ceremony to begin I watched and listened for my cue to exact revenge. 

"May you speak up or forever hold your peace.." My cue.

Before the priest could continue I lifted my body onto the railing of the ship before starting to sing. I was in the back so everyone turned to face me only to stare in shock which then turned to horror for before them was a siren, a very angered siren. My voice made the King and the concubine to walk towards me. I called the seaweed to wrap around the concubine before realeasing her from my control. I waited as she came back to reality. She screamed in fear as she faced me.

"Do you remember me?" I asked as I played with her blonde hair while she struggled at her bonds.

"I.. I dont know you... please let me go." She was about to cry as I brought my face closer to hers before harshly pulling her hair till she cried out in pain.

"Think harder ." I smiled showing my fangs.

"I really dont.... wait werent you the girl..." I relaxed my grip on her hair.

" Do you know how a siren is born?" She shook her head.

" A siren is born from the anger and feeling of wanting revenge or from drowning." I could see her eyes change as she grasped what I had said.

"You.. Turned into a siren for ..revenge?" Her eyes got large realizing my intentions.

"Now you will feel my wrath." I left the woman to turn back to the man that broke my heart. I bound him as well before releasing him. Unlike the girl, he knew who I was right away.

"Ariane... how? They told me you ran away..." I scoffed at his stupidity.

"Oh how foolish you are my King. You see the real story your ...concubine knows better than any." At this the King looked at the bride in confusion.

"You see she didnt like me too much so she felt that she needed to take it upon herself to personally get rid of me.. In the middle of the night by drowning me." I let the truth sink in.

"She lies! I never killed her!" The bride yelled trying to act innocent.

"You're right. You didnt drown me, but you did watch as you ordered the other concubines to kill me." She paled when the King glared with disgust at her.

"You killed her?" The King was shocked to say the least. He knew of her temperment, but he never thought she would be capapble of doing such a thing.

"My king please.. I never ,meant.."

"Shut up you lying demon!" The King was fuming before turning back to me apologetic.

"If I had known.." I stopped him by placing a single finger onto his lips to silence him.

" Ah but you did know didnt you? You knew they were torturing me as you yourself used me for your own greed. Played with my innocent heart only to cast me away when I became useless to you." He tried to deny, but the look of guilt was enough to show how true my words had been.

"Please forgive me Ariane. Please." I got close to his ear as I whispered.

" I forgive you." Right when he looked in relief thinking it was over I plunged my hand into his chest.

His look of relief turned into one of shock, and pain as he stared back at me wondering why I had done such a thing. I ripped out his heart watching his now limp body fall to the deck as blood soon dripped into the oceans calm waters. Turning my attention back to the bride I saw her look of terror at what I had done.

"I forgive you, but if I couldnt have your heart than nobody else can." I squeezed the heart till it became nothing.

"Now my dear its your turn to get what you deserve." The womans eyes filled with panic as she fought against her bonds one last time. 

Grabbing her restraints I undid the rest of the people on the ship to watch as everyone realized what had occurred. They saw a silver haired siren holding the remains of what used to be the Kings heart, and that I now had the bride in my grip. The soldiers tried to get to me, but I fell back into the water dragging the blonde in with me. She fought for air as I watched the bubbles escape in a look of fascination for she was feeling the pain from lack of air that I had felt, but it wasnt enough. Using my tail I slammed it against her body as we sunk further into the depths of the ocean until I knew that her body was broken as no more bubbles left . Her eyes glazed over with the ever closer approaching inevitable death. We stared at each other until finally the girl that tormented and tortured me was no more. 

I thought after their death and my revenge had been completed, my heart would feel free yet that wasnt the case. It felt empty. My whole reason for being reborn was for this moment but what will I do now that my reason for living was done and gone? What do I do now? I pondered this as a laid on the bottom of the floor watching the body of the woman.

What do I live for now?

 

 

 

Hello my lovely readers! I know this was a little dark, but it was necessary. :/

Please leave a comment so I know what you think of the story so far because I love reading them! 

Maybe you could upvote as well? I would really appreciate it. 

Special thanks to:

Yongguksgirl20

​Xaiaxe