Final

When leaves fall (do they die?)

~~ Yoongi’s POV ~~

He shouldn’t even be surprised. It’s autumn, the season when everything begins to wither, to fall apart. Especially seeing the leaves falling from where once they were sitting green and bustling with life, leaves Yoongi sad and empty. It’s not that he doesn’t love her, it’s just that their relationship was stalling lately. It seems both of them have changed their ambitions and goals, it seems they didn’t want to have the same dreams of building a future together anymore. That led to fights, unfortunately. Each one of them tires both of them, and Yoongi needs to get out, to clear his mind. That girl always stays in the apartment (he doesn’t refer to it as home anymore) and waits for him. But today, she doesn’t want to keep waiting.

He walks through the city, and watches the sky. It isn’t sunny outside, on the contrary. It isn’t raining either, but the clouds are waiting for something, for an order. He has his earplugs in, listening to mellow music, which seems to aggravate the atmosphere from outside. His steps are slow, his eyes watching both the trees and the sky, but he’s not in a rush. He just wants to cool down, to drown his past memories with her. He takes in all this day has to offer. He needs to get through this. Even if he looks like he’s calm all the times, often there is a storm of emotions inside him.

Even though he wants to hum to Nell and 4Men’s songs, he knows he doesn’t have the right voice and the others probably would berate him for making noise and seem like a crazy man who sings in the middle of the city. Well, at least, the park where he’s going to is quiet and mostly devoid of people. After twenty minutes, he arrives at his desired destination and sits down on a bench. It is not located right at the entrance of the park, but in the back, where the trees are thicker. Even if the weather is dull, it isn’t very cold and the wind blows only lightly, passing through the people’s strands of hair, like wanting to caress them. Even more, it is weekend, so the park is scattered with families with children, mothers and fathers bowed down to face their little kids and smiles painted upon their faces. Teenagers and couples are also walking, some taking pictures, others skateboarding or riding bikes. It isn’t too bad, the place where Yoongi is sitting down is isolated, and it’s a thin chance for someone to wander there. The boy watches in silence as the leaves spread in front of him. He thinks of how all the things come to an end, especially the good ones. This leaves him downcast somewhat but looks up and sees something beautiful. A boy with bright red hair. He stands out because of it. He is with some friends, all of them are located two benches further, where some are sitting down and the red-haired boy and his friend, a light-brown haired boy are standing up and laughing.

Yoongi doesn’t know what to say, he has just seen that boy’s smile and it is like the darkness brought by the clouds is dissipating. It is such a cliché thing to think, but it is true. Yoongi tries not to stare too much, he even brings his eyes in the other direction, but he couldn’t help himself. He tries not to be so obvious, and he thinks he manages it. At least, the others don’t observe him and don’t point out his stares.

He notices that when the other smiles, his eyes become like crescent moons, radiating a light that would illuminate even those really tough soldiers that never seem to crack open a smile. He swears he can write poems and songs dedicated to that smile. All is because of this boy who is wonderful. He smiles at each of his friends and they never let the corners of their mouth down. Yoongi thinks this must be the best quality of that teenager, and he also begins to want to smile. He doesn’t believe that a stranger manages to bring up his mood but he forever wants to ingrain the boy’s face in his mind. He suddenly forgets about all his problems and keeps staring at the red-haired boy.

The group keeps on laughing and playfully pushing each other by the shoulders. The boy who is stared at has a dark-green and zipped open jacket, with an artistic logo on its back and dark, ripped-at-knees jeans. Yoongi notices his figure and is amazed by his beauty. His heart starts to beat a little louder. He doesn’t even notice that his phone’s playlist is finished. He doesn’t notice that a few minutes later, he receives a message asking when is he coming home. He keeps watching the other, trying to memorize him. He doesn’t know why he does that, he just knows his heart will become wild with bitterness if he doesn’t do that. He wakes up like he is in a trance when he hears his phone’s ringtone, announcing a call. He takes off the earphones, song going louder. She calls and says they have to talk seriously.

~~ Jimin’s POV ~~

Only then, the other guys notice him, because the song he has put as a ringtone was a hip-hip one, which was a familiar one for them. Jonghyuk suggests to go somewhere else, but Jimin keeps watching with curiosity at the other guy.  He is a blond man and now he’s speaking on the phone, seeming a bit upset. He notices the other’s pale skin and he wonders how he manages to be so fair. Taehyung asks him about something, but he doesn't hear it the first time, so he repeats the question and Jimin responds. When he goes back to watch again, he sees the other has already walked away from the bench he was sitting on and only his back was seen. He is talking on the phone still, his steps quick, like he wants to get somewhere quick. Taehyung drags him by the shoulders, saying that where they are going now will be so much fun. Jimin smiles at him and nods. But he turns his head again, feeling that something is not quite right.