Up in the Sky

Our Golden Maknae

When Jungkook saw Jin trying to take his own life, his heart broke in helplessess. He could only watch over the six boys that he loved, but he could actually do anything to help them. He could only look at their breakdowns with sadness before turning away to prevent his own tears from falling. He was only given one chance to be able to help them and he was almost about to use that chance when Jin hyung was standing on that little ledge, ready to fall in order to be with Jungkook. But Yoongi hyung came about, just in the nick of time. He had full trust in Yoongi hyung and knew that he was capable of convincing Jin to step down.

Jungkook missed them, a lot. The inability to offer comfort to his hyungs made him fustrated and angry that he had even died in the first place. His death only made his hyungs sad and even made Jin hyung want to die. He didn't want to accept it, but it was reality. He was determined to make sure that he kept his hyungs alive and healthy. But he knew that he couldn't do it forever. After all, he only has one chance and after that he can't look after them anymore. He will officially be dead to the world. He had hoped that his chance wouldn't be used so soon so that he can spend more time looking at his hyungs, but the universe seems to be against him in every way.

"Jimin!" Jin shouted, calling out for his donsaeng.

"Can you go out and get us some coffee?"

"Um no?"

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeee." Jimin stared at the oldest's aegyo before giving in to his hyung's cuteness. Jimin sighs before putting on his coat and out the door into Korea's cold winter weather. The coffee shop that they often go to is a couple blocks down, one of the main reasons he didn't want to go.

Well, at least it's exercise right? Jimin thought as he walked down the street, still a distance away from the destination. He rubbed his hands together for warmth before putting them back into his pockets. He stopped in front of the blinking red stop sign before crossing the street. The light turned green and he walked on the white stripped lines. Jimin quickly turned his head when he heard a screech froming from the right. A truck had turned from a sharp corner and was heading straight towards Jimin. He met eyes with the driver and stood frozen in the same place with fear and shock. The driver was drunk and definitely had no intention of stopping at the red light. Jimin was frozen in place, the truck was just a few feet away when he realized that the truck was going to hit him. He couldn't move his body, it was too late. He closed his eyes. 

He landed on his back, with something pinning him down to the floor. But he didn't feel any pain besides that dull ache that resulted from the landing. Jimin opened his eyes slowly. 

"Jungkookie..." He stared at the beautiful features of the boy he used to live with. He stared at the handsome face with shock and affection.

"Jimin hyung..." The soft voice of the maknae that he missed so much made him want to cry. Jimin grabbed Jungkook and hugged him tightly. 

"Are you real? Am I imagining things?" But Jimin could smell the familiar scent of his donsaeng, the same scent that he remembered from months ago. The scent that he will never forget. 

"I'm real. But I can't stay." Jungkook breathed into his hyung's coat, remembering how comforting his hugs were.

"No! Stay! You can't do this to me. You can't just appear and then go away again. I can't lose you again." Jimin begged and cried into Kookie's shoulder. 

"I'm sorry." Jungkook said softly, tears trailing down his face.

"NO! Jungkook please...I can't..." Jimin sobbed. 

"Tell the hyungs that I miss them all so much and make sure they are happy."

"Jungkookie..." Starting from his fingers, Kookie's hand started to disappear in a matter of seconds. 

"Most importantly, tell Jimin hyung that I did not even hesitate one bit to save him and tell him to not blame himself." 

"Oh Kookie...Don't leave..." Jimin tried to hug his donsaeng tighter, trying to keep him from going, but Kookie was already gone. Jimin sat on the sidewalk that Jungkook had pushed him onto and buried his head into his arms in despair. His donsaeng was gone a second time, and Jimin couldn't do anything to prevent him from leaving. 

He had stayed on that sidewalk for an hour, crying into his arms in the cold air. Snow had started to drift and Jimin didn't even flinch.

"JIMIN!"

"JIMIN!" He peeked up from his arms towards the familiar voices. He saw s sprinting towards him. Jin reached him first, worried about his donsaeng that had been out for more than one hour in the cold. He saw Jimin's red eyes that had resulted from him crying and quickly pulled him into a hug. 

"Jimin, what happened?" 

"I-I saw Kookie. He saved me from being hit by a drunk driver." Jin didn't know how to react. Was it really Kookie or was it Jimin imagining things? But while hugging Jimin and comforting him, he got a whift of Jimin's coat. Another smell lingered on it, the maknae's familiar smell. Jin teared up at the smell that brought back so many memories. 

"Come on, let's get you home." Jin helped Jimin up and led him back home. Jungkook smiled at the scene from the sky before turning away. He wasn't able to look after them anymore, now he has to go to where he belongs. Away from the land of the living and officially into the land of the dead... up in the sky. 

 

 

I saved this chapter until this chapter until the comeback as a present! Thank you to everyone who read this story. I will post whenever I have a new idea that can be added on to this story. Anyways, comment!