Bus Stop Musical

Bus Stop Musical

She couldn’t remember when it had started. She left the house every morning for work at 8:00 and arrived at the bus stop at 8:20 and he was there. The cute guy with the ripped jeans, leather jacket and a beanie strumming away on his guitar. His guitar case lying open at his feet, waiting for a kind soul to put some money in. The first few times she had just listened to him. Sometimes he played upbeat tunes that had her toes tapping all the way to work and sometimes he played songs that were so emotional she just wanted to wrap her arms around him and tell him everything would be ok.

 

After almost a week of listening to the handsome guitar player she started throwing in some change. He always gave her a smile and thanked her with his deep, sultry voice if he wasn’t too busy singing. This continued for a couple of months. She learned that his name was Taehyung. His dream was to become a famous musician. He was in training at a company but he always found time to keep coming back to the same spot before his actual practice would begin.

 

Then one cold November day, she went to the bus stop, an extra coffee in her hand, knowing that Taehyung would appreciate the gesture. She smiled to herself, imagining him sitting there, wrapped up in his too long scarf that covered half his face. When she turned the corner leading to the bus stop she stopped dead in her tracks. Taehyung was nowhere to be seen. She quickly fumbled for her phone and checked the time. 8:21, Friday. He should be here. She thought to herself. She wandered up and took a seat on the wall where he always sat. She put the extra coffee on the wall with a sigh. I hope nothing happened to him. She looked back and forth down the street, hoping he would come running up towards her having only slept in. When the bus pulled up she took one last look around and got onto the bus with a loud sigh.

 

The whole weekend she wondered about where he was and if he was ok. She ran over every possible scenario in her head until Monday morning. She barely slept the night before, wondering and hoping if Taehyung would be back in his normal place. She bought an extra coffee again, hoping that he would be there to receive it. She walked faster than normal to the bus stop, ears straining for the sound of Taehyung and his guitar.

 

When she rounded the corner her heart skipped a beat. There he was in his ripped jeans and beanie, his guitar in hand with the case at his feet. She walked up to him quickly and stopped in front of him as he smiled up at her. “You weren’t here.” She mumbled at him. He gave her a grin. “Did you miss me?” he said cheekily making her blush. “N-no, that’s not… I mean…” she glared at him as he chuckled at her. “Sorry. I had a cold so I didn’t come out. I didn’t think you’d miss me so much.”

 

“I never said I missed you.” She said as she took a seat beside him and offered him the extra coffee which he took gratefully. “It’s just weird not seeing you every morning.” She mumbled into her scarf so quietly he almost didn’t hear her. He grinned into his coffee, “Well how about I make it up to you? I could take you to dinner to make up for our lost time?” she gave him a small smile. “I’d like that.”