II.

Sunrise, Sunset.
A/N: Hello there!
 
First of all, I have edited the first chapter since I wanted to keep this whole fic "clean". Just a few lines, though; nothing major was changed.
Second, the storyline for Sunset, Sunrise has expanded a bit. From a long oneshot, I initially decided to split it into three chapters, but now it seems like it might have 10 (at the most). I would also be focusing on this fic for now, so updates might come more often than before.
Third and last, I'm dedicating this chapter—scratch that, this whole fic to one of my dearest friends Anne. She's been extremely patient (and just a tad demanding) in waiting for updates and new fics, and for that I am extremely sorry and grateful. Love ya, girl. ;)
 
Now, on with the story! Don't forget to leave some love in the comments section~
, S.

 

Junho never found peace of mind after that surprising encounter, not even after talking to Wooyoung. No matter how much he tried to brush it off, to him, the doctor has become like an enigma waiting to be figured out, someone cloaked with an air of mystery that fascinates the angel and lures him further in. He's become completely enamored with those big brown eyes and the intensity behind them and wants—no, needs to see them again.
 
 
So he makes a decision. Like a shadow, he would watch him and follow him around the hospital, waiting for any piece of information he can gather. Just until I put the puzzle pieces together, he convinces himself.
 
 
He had no idea just how hard that would be. Two days had gone by yet all he found are mere facts, and each small information only served to make the angel even more intrigued. He had learned that his name is Hwang Chansung, and that Minjun is his little brother, which explains his attachment to the kid.
 
As more days pass, Junho finds himself even more drawn to him, and what started as mere curiosity slowly morphs into admiration. The force with which Chansung plunges himself into his work is striking. Despite being the youngest surgeon in the hospital, he carries himself with a confident and determined aura especially in the operating room, earning a lot of his colleagues’ respect. Unlike his other surgeon friend, though, he isn’t really a highly sociable person, and mostly seems to prefer to go home after his shift than go out drinking with friends.
 
Yet Junho notices how his demeanor changes the moment his steps into Room 409 to spend time with his baby brother. He would always pause for a bit to take a deep breath before opening the door, and like a switch, a smile would appear on his face and the almost constant crease on his forehead would disappear. There’s still a trace of pain behind his eyes, but it’s clear with the way his shoulders would relax that his mood turns positive every time he’s around his brother, as if a boulder has been lifted off his shoulders.
 
What probably intrigues Junho the most is Chansung’s peculiar ability to turn his world upside-down with a single glance. Granted, it only happened once and the doctor did not really see him, but that short moment was enough to shake the angel to his very core and make him question things about humanity that he thought he already knew.
 
 
By the end of the week, the frustrated angel makes up his mind to trail behind Chansung as he goes home in the hopes of finding answers in the things he surrounds himself with. Junho knows that this could lead him to trouble—Chansung is trouble—it’s against the rules to do this, to follow him around and violate his privacy, but the angel couldn’t stop himself even if he tried to. And so with him riding on the passenger side of Chansung’s black SUV, they reach an apartment complex in the neighborhood close to the hospital. Junho hums in approval as it appears that the building, inhabited by high-profiles, is well-secured and safe.
 
Their journey up the floors was quiet until a ding sounds out when they reach the 11th floor. Chansung drags his feet to the end of the hallway and punches in his code, and the door opens to an apartment that looks like it should belong in a lifestyle magazine. While nothing extravagant, the furniture still look expensive, matching well with some intricate interior decorations and lighting strategically hanging on the ceiling and walls. There’s a warm feeling to it, yet at the same time feels rather empty, as if it hasn’t really been a real home to the doctor for quite a while.
 
With dim lights and soft music floating around them, Junho watches Chansung cross the floor to the glass wall overlooking the city, a crystal goblet filled with red wine in his hand. They both lean on the glass, and Chansung lets out a deep sigh. Standing face-to-face, Junho takes this time to fully observe the man’s face, taking note of every little detail, from the long lashes casting shadows on his cheekbones to the sharp slope of his nose and the soft edges of his jaw. Chansung closes his eyes, and Junho’s gaze follows an invisible path as the wine travels from his lips down his throat, and the man’s long, nimble fingers grasp the tie around his neck to pull it off before ing his shirt.
 
Usually, humans hold no interest for him. But for some reason, Junho couldn’t take his eyes away from Chansung. He remains staring unabashedly, somehow comforted by the silence around them. The city lights continue to twinkle outside, the many different colours casting their reflection on the pale canvas of Chansung’s skin.
 
Beautiful, the angel thinks.
 
 
Junho ends his perusal of the apartment, lingering in front of the bookcase in Chansung’s room. They’re mostly medical references and psychology books, with a few of classics and some popular mangas. One book caught his eye, however—a copy of Romeo and Juliet, a bit old and tattered at the edges. It seemed out of place, like a delicate flower in the desert. He soundlessly pulls the book out and flips through the pages. Although a bit depressing, the story of star-crossed lovers is one of the most interesting stories he’s ever read, the emotions behind the characters’ actions beyond his comprehension yet so raw and complex.
 
Suddenly, a loud gasp breaks the silence followed by a whimper and the rustling of sheets, startling Junho. He turns around quickly, only to realize that Chansung is still in deep slumber. He must be having a nightmare with all the tossing and turning he’s doing, and another gasp pours out from his lips, this time sounding closer to a muffled sob. Before he can process what he’s doing, Junho runs to man’s side, one of his hands reaching out to touch Chansung’s face and wipe away the lone tear that has escaped.
 
As the tips of his fingers graze the other’s cheeks, something inexplicable shifts within them. As impossible as it is for him to feel Junho’s touch, Chansung sighs deeply, his facial features softening as if his pain was wiped out by the angel’s ethereal touch.
 
And all the while, Junho could feel invisible strings incessantly pulling at his heart.
 
The angel stops hesitating. He leans in, and rules get broken and the fine line between what is right and what is wrong become blurry the moment he presses his lips to Chansung’s forehead.