†Prologue†

Kamelya

The young man was running since the last ten minutes. He was running through the sinuous maze that was surrounding him by rubbing the ceramic floor, making repetitive clic-clac sounds. His long clothes didn’t help his situation and were more like an obstacle when they were winding around his legs or when they were in front of his polished shoes.

Out of breath, he finally arrived in front of the door that would lead him to the king. The massive structure was made of wood and covered with pink, gold and white designs, reminding the soft tints which qualified the kingdom. He caught his breath, let out a sigh and murmured a small ‘fighting!’ before finally turning the doorknob sculpted in gold and coming inside.

His head down, his hair falling on his face and the majestic floor tiles under his eyes, the man walked and continued to look at the floor that was shining because of the presence of brightness. Having walked some steps and believing the distance was good, he raised his head suddenly, bent his knees before putting one on the floor, as if he was proposing. Eyes narrowed, lips pursed and furrowed brows, he opened his mouth and his voice rang on the walls that were surrounding him.

“At your service, mon très cher Roi, ô Kim Jongin.”

He bowed his head again as a sign of submission and raised it immediately, looking directly in the eyes of the man that was sitting on an immense throne.

The King, Kim Jongin, was sitting comfortably on his big chair built in the rarest materials of this world. His chocolate brown hair was falling on his face delicately. His piercing and determined eyes, his plump lips and his sharp nose were making him handsome. His skin was darker than normal, but everybody said it was because he was blessed by the goddess of the sun.

“Luhan,” the voice of the superior resounded in the radiant room.

The servant, although a bit shy by hearing his name, bowed forward another time, showing all the respect he had for his King.

“What can I do for you, ô Kim Jongin?” he asked weakly.

His auburn hair was falling on his forehead and it was tickling him slowly. His eyes went wild when he saw the leader of the world he was living in standing up and walking down the stairs that were leading him to his throne before heading towards Luhan.

The bodyguards and the other servants that were on each side of the room couldn’t breathe anymore and their hearts were beating furiously.

What did I do wrong?

Jongin’s boots snapped on the ground and he continued to walk, his cape rising behind him because of the wind.

Swallowing his saliva with difficulty, trembling non-stop and thinking that his muscle that was making him live would explode in a few minutes, Luhan stared at the king that was moving towards him gradually, as if the poor man that had been called was his next feast.

Sa prochaine proie.

“Luhan, I would need your help,” he declared, surprising everybody.

Luhan sighed without making too many noises, not realizing he didn’t let the air enter his lungs since the last seconds.

Oui? I’m listening, mon Roi,” he answered with all the politeness of the world.

“You know very well what my brother wishes… Right?” he questioned, and even if he was supposed to be powerful, strong and courageous, all the present living beings could discern the small uncertainty that was ringing in his voice.

When he heard his superior’s sentence, Luhan remained mute. Of course, everybody knew what the King’s older brother was doing.

Du mal.

Oui, mon Roi,” he said, worried of knowing the rest of the conversation.

“I will have to use your talents. You all know that we need a human to kill one of us”, he cut with his deep voice.

All stopped breathing from this moment.

It was them. The Immortals. Those creatures that were living in books for decades, centuries, and even millenniums. And they knew that a simple human being was their only enemy.

But not a single human have penetrated their kingdom so far.

Then, why was the King evoking a possible threat?

“To kill the traitor of the Kim family, we will bring a human to us,” he shouted with a reassuring voice. "We will use it, so it’ll become a human sacrifice, and only it will have the privilege to annihilate our opponent.”

Human sacrifice?!

All the present people in the throne room whispered loudly and became more and more worried.

Kim Jongin raised one hand in the air and everyone closed their mouths in the blink of an eye.

“Luhan,” he continued, “create an object that will possess a direct link with my brother. Because of this link, once the human will be in our world, it will be possible to kill not only the living being, but also the one that shares my blood.

“Pardon me, mon Roi, but would it not be a little impolite to use a being of the human race to kill it only for our own reasons?” tried Luhan with his quiet voice.

“One among billions is not going to make a difference,” his voice thundered. “Yixing,” he started again as he turned to look at his butler, “you will join the human world and you will find l’élu.

The man with the peaceful look that was standing beside the superior nodded his head.

“You can all go,” concluded Kim Jongin.

The guards of the castle and the present servants (including Luhan and Yixing) were quick to leave the throne room rapidly.

Jongin sighed as solitude fell on his shoulders.

 

The Immortal closed the book with a hand movement. He sighed with exasperation, releasing the stress he had accumulated during the last weeks.

Three knocks resounded in his room and he got up quickly before jumping towards the door. He opened the structure and a smile crept automatically on his face when he recognized his friend.

“Hey!” the man with dark hair that was standing in front of him spoke.

“Zitao,” answered Luhan by raising timidly his hand before sticking to the door and letting the giant with a panda face enter his room.

Closing the piece of wood which could allow the passage from a room to another, Luhan turned around and stared at his companion with question marks in his eyes. But even before he had time to pronounce a word, Zitao was faster and he questioned Luhan about his work.

“So, did you finish it?”

“Yes, just now,” Luhan breathed with a brief smile.

“I want to see!” Zitao exclaimed as he jumped on the spot, excited to put his eyes on the magician’s diary.

Luhan then walked towards his desk and pointed the book with his finger, waiting for his friend’s comments.

The book that was on the writing table seemed completely commonplace. But it wasn’t.

Its cover was dark blue, almost black, and reminded the despair. We could find an embroidered image on the material that was covering the journal, as if the logo was the title of Luhan’s work.

Zitao then opened the book and put his thin fingers on the thick and blank pages. The golden binding was sparkling among the pieces of paper.

“Thus Yixing will go in the human world and will protect the link so he’ll be able to find the sacrifice?” dared Zitao, his eyes remaining on the empty diary.

“Exactly,” Luhan added.

L’élu…,” Zitao began, before being furiously cut in his own words.

Luhan looked at the scared expression that was appearing on his friend’s face with nervousness.

“Zitao!”

The other didn’t answer, simply horrified. His eyes turned upwards. He couldn’t see anything. Well, he couldn’t see a thing in front of him.

“Another vision?” the eldest interrogated, showing panic through his high-pitched voice.

L…L’é-élu…,” Zitao repeated.

“Zitao! Everything’s alright… Come back to yourself,” Luhan whispered as he took his tall friend in his arms, putting one hand on his back, the other in his silky hair.

We could only hear the jerky breaths and the little cries of pain coming from Zitao.

“Tell me…,” Luhan started with caution. What do you see?

A deathly silence answered him. And as if the end of the world just fell on his shoulders, Zitao opened his mouth and murmured with an almost imperceptible voice:

N-Noir… Du noir… D-Do… Do Kyungsoo.” 

---

Hey! ^^

So, how was it? Hope it was fine TT_TT

Again, English is not my mother tongue, so sorry for the possible mistakes ><

If you didn’t know, the other language I used in this prologue is French ^^

Here are the translations of the words I said:

Mon très cher roi: My dear king

Sa prochaine proie: His next prey

Oui : Yes

Mon roi : My king

Du mal : Bad (bad things)

Élu: The one who has been chosen (this word is really important ^^)

Noir: Black

There you go! =^-^=

I wanted to use a ‘foreign’ language so I went on Google Translate (yeah, I really did :”) and I tried to find a cool language to use in this fanfic but I didn’t find any…

And then I was like: But French, though… I know how to speak French! And everyone here says that French is the language of love (omg OTL) so why not? X’D

Next chapter will probably come in a long time (I’ll try to write during Christmas Break, but I cannot promise you anything!)

See you later! ;)