Final

Peter Pan: The Time of You and I

"Goodnight, love."

"Goodnight, mother."

 

She tucked Wendy in and gave Wendy a gentle goodnight kiss. She adjusted the lamp on the bedside table dimly, and then walked towards the door as she watched her child sleep soundly. Wendy's mom closed the door, being careful not to disrupt Wendy from her dreams.

 

"... She left right?"

Wendy, who was thought to be sleeping like an angel, opened her tightly closed eyes, and talked to her favorite stuffed toy, Toto. To make the lamp her mom left dim brighter, she reached towards out of her bed with her small hands.

"Because Peter doesn't like the dark..."

'Like me!'

As if she liked the similarities they shared, she smiled shyly. That smile was quite lovely.

Like that, she waited until the moment when Peter would gently knock on her window.

 

 

 

 

"Park Jiyeon! Hurry up, and get out here now!"

"God! Stop being so noisy. I'm coming out now!"

 

At Jiyeon's front door, Myungsoo who's wearing his school uniform neatly, yelled out to her. And like usual, Jiyeon responded by yelling as well. Of course, this happens every single day.

 

"Finally, you decide to appear. You would have been whining that we missed the bus if you were any later."

"Hey! I still came two minutes earlier than yesterday!"

"Bragging that you were 120 seconds earlier..."

"Yah! What did you just say?!"

"Nothing. Now just give me your hand, because we're going to run. Also, remember to say thank you, my hero after I save your ."

"'My Hero'?! What the hell- AHHH!!!!! SLOW DOWN, YOU !"

 

Ignoring her ranting, Myungsoo grabbed Jiyeon's hand and then started running. Smiling slightly because he thought that the whining was cute.

 

 

 

*knock knock knock*

 

"Peter must be here!"

 

She quickly got out of her bed, and straight to her window to open it.

"Wendy,"

"Peter!"

Wendy brightly smiled as she held Peter's hand and jumped up and down in excitement.

 

"Shhh, we can't be too loud, so no one finds out."

Even though Peter was speaking quite seriously, Wendy just smiled and giggled, since she liked him either way.

"So, what should we play today, Peter? I was thinking that we..."

Like she was waiting all day, Wendy chatted with Peter. Peter listened carefully to her stories, and Wendy was all ears as Peter told his stories. Whenever she told stories, Peter would make realistic faces and thoughtful answers, which made Wendy happy and Peter also looked at Wendy and smiled.

 

 

"Wendy, have you ever thought about going to Neverland?"

"Neverland? The place where you are?"

"Yeah, the place where I am! Do you want to be a adult with a tiring life and stay here?"

"Hmm... An adult, huh?"

"If you go to Neverland, you can be a kid forever! You can play with Toto forever too!"

"Wow! Really?"

"Of course!"

 

As Peter suringly nodded, Wendy's eyes sparkled.

 

"Park Jiyeon,"

 

Jiyeon felt something weird between Myungsoo and herself these past days. Some kind of different aura, or an emotion. Seeing herself trying to decipher the things that he did usually, she knew Myungsoo held a place quite deep in her heart. The voice from across the phone, Myungsoo's voice, sounded more smoother than usual to Jiyeon.

 

"..So, I wasn't going to tell you this because I was so focused with studying and all..."

"..What is it?"

 

A woman's sixth sense, they know when something is up, and that isn't a lie. The way that Myungsoo spoke was a dead give away. Jiyeon, who had received quite a few confessions, was bound to know, but still, she pretended not to have a clue, not to know what he was talking about.

 

"Ah, I don't know if what I'm doing is wise."

"..."

"Park Jiyeon,"

"Yeah?"

"Will you,no- be my girlfriend."

 

Even though she knew it was coming, a smile crept to Jiyeon's face.

 

 

"Yeah, I'll be your girlfriend."

"Whew, I thought I was about to die of nervousness. I don't even know what I was getting so worked up about."

"*laughs* You wanna break up?"

"What the hell are you talking about? Do you know how much I've prepared myself to do this?"

Jiyeon laughed at Myungsoo's response. 19, we were friends for over 10 years, and now we've grown even closer.

 

 

"What are you doing? Studying?"

"What else would a senior be doing?"

"Come out, I want to see you."

These are the perks that we're next door neighbors. Right here, right now.

"Dress warm"

"Is it cold out?"

"Yeah a little if you're out for a while."

"Then I'll just go out like this."

"Dont, dress warm. I have a feeling I'm going to want to see you for a long time."

 

 

 

"Hm, then Peter, let's take my mother and father! Oh! And my doggy too!"

As Wendy spoke excitedly, Peter's expression fell noticably.

"..What's wrong Peter?"

"It's Neverland. Only kids are allowed there!"

 

As Peter spoke strictly, Wendy's face grew sad.

"B-but, if I go to Neverland, what about my mom? My dad? My doggy!"

 

Unlike Wendy who was serious, Peter just crossed his arms and shook his head.

"They can't go, Neverland is only for kids."

 

 

"Let's break up."

"W-What?"

"Did I stutter? I said let's break up."

 

Tears started falling from Jiyeon's eyes, her clenched fists trembled, but all Myungsoo did was stare down at her. Jiyeon noticed Myungsoo avoiding her for the past few days. ,bastard...

 

 

"Wendy, then you're not going to go?"

"If I go, I won't be able to see mom, dad, or my puppy ever again, I don't want that."

Peter made a disappointed face at that answer.

 

"Wendy, I like you."

"..I like you too, Peter."

"But you're still not going to go?"

 

 

"*huff**puff*"

Jiyeon's pace quickened. Now not even quickening, she ran, as fast as she could.

"Let's break up."

Yes, there was no way that Myungsoo would just suddenly do that to her. He was the one that was never upset with her, no matter how many swears were said, no matter how many punches were thrown, he was the one that was smiling at her.

"Ugh... Kim Myungsoo told me not to say anything..."

"... Don't talk about-"

"He's going to study abroad, to America."

 

The story she just heard from Myungsoo's best friend, Sungyeol was highly shocking. Studying abroad, 3 years, he had said.

"Kim Myungsoo is leaving to study abroad for 3 years, to America where is parents are."

"..."

"He said he's leaving as soon as we all graduate."

"... That crazy bastard"

 

After that, she ran. To Myungsoo's house. To the crazy bastard's house.

In a state of panic, she knocked on the door and rang the doorbell at the same time. 

She heard his sleepy voice from the inside, saying "Who is it?"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I acted like it was all your fault, I'm sorry I blamed you." she whispered as tears swept over her and she started choking up.

Myungsoo opened the door looking sleepy, he wore the hat of his hoodie as he opened the door to see a crying Jiyeon. He couldn't say anything, it was just silence.

 

 

"You idiot,"

"..."

"If you were leaving to study abroad, why didn't you tell me?"

"...So you heard... I'm sorry."

Jiyeon wiped her tears away to see Myungsoo clearly.

"Do I seriously have to hear this kind of news from a person that's not you? And why are you sorry?"

"Park Jiyeon-"

"I'll wait. All I have to do is wait, right?"

"... huh?"

"I said I'm going to wait, you crazy bastard."

After seeing her stubbornly say that while having tears falling, Myungsoo slightly smiled. He held her face in his hands and gently wiped away her tears with his thumbs.

"... , I thought you broke up with me because you hated me or something."

"Haha, did you?"

"Stop laughing, bastard, It's annoying."

 

Myungsoo hugged Jiyeon as she was grumbling cutely. "Thank you." He whispered in her ear. "For everything."

 

 

"I didn't tell you to wait because I was too sorry to ask you for a favor like that, I'm sorry for that, so don't hate me."

"I would have been fine waiting, I could have waited for ten years if you wanted me to."

"Are you sure you'll be fine?"

"Yeah, but are you fine?"

"..."

 

He's the one that's not fine, yet he's trying to act manyly... Idiot.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, Peter."

"But, you like me don't you?"

"Yeah, but a life without my mom, dad, and dog. It would be terrible.

Peter sighed and just sat down at the spot.

 

 

3 years, it wasn't a short time.

Between those 3 years, my brother who was in the army, came back, and the small kid next door started elementary school. And today,

"..."

"..."

After 3 years of not seeing each other, we were busy taking in how much we both changed from a distance away.

 

"...Do you want to eat?"

3 years ago, I sent off Myungsoo confidently saying that I would wait for him. We somehow lost touch during the years, but our need for each other only grew more stronger. 

"A bottle of soju, and some samgyeopsal."

After Myungsoo finished ordering, he turned his direction to Jiyeon.

When Jiyeon first saw him, he was almost unrecognizable. A sleek black suit and a new hair-do, everything was fascinating. Yep, 3 years is quite a while. She remembered chatting with him while eating lunch from the school cafeteria years back, now he was a grown up with a full time job, ordering a drink. Seeing him this different made her feel weird,

"..."

"What's wrong? Are you mesmerised"

Myungsoo, who of course didn't know what was going on inside Jiyeon's head, joked. The countryside boy that came up to the city in elementary school, the boy that still had an accent, it felt unusual to see him like this. Jiyeon remembered how he looked 3 years ago, smiling as they ran together with his uniform, these memories were filling Jiyeon's head. Just like how she had changed in 3 years, Myungsoo was bound to change too, but strangely, Jiyeon never imagined him this way, she just left Myungsoo as the young 19 year old.

"You changed a lot."

"And you became prettier."

Jiyeon smiled bitterly to Myungsoo who was smiling at her. 'You grew more handsome and manly...' she thought, but it couldn't explain the sorrow and the missing feeling inside her heart.

"I missed you, Jiyeon."

 

 

"..I don't want to grow up to be an adult, Wendy."

"Peter..."

"I'm afraid... I'm afraid of missing my childhood once I'm an adult."

Wendy looked carefully into Peter's eyes which were more serious than usual.

"I do too, Peter. But now, I love my mom, dad, dog, and Toto."

"Mhmm.."

"And I like today, this moment."

 

 

Drunk Chatter. The two who haven't seen each other for a while wouldn't have been able to comfortably chat with out a drink. The bright pink glow on Jiyeon's cheeks reminded Myungsoo of the time when Jiyeon drank soju, thinking it was just water. 'This hasn't changed.' Myungsoo thought to himself as he poured himself another shot. 

Jiyeon, who seemed to be having jumbled thoughts get pouring soju down . Myungsoo worried about her, but she continued to tilt the glass.

"Come on, get up, I'll walk you home."

"I can go by myself."

As Jiyeon slightly slurred, Myungsoo shook his head. She was having trouble finding the sleeve of her jacket, so he helped her with that as well.

"Who said that you can't go?"

"..."

"You shouldn't be walking home alone at night, I'll walk you there."

 

 

The road was dimly lit by the street lights, Myungsoo and Jiyeon walked side by side on it.

"It's been a while since we walked together like this, right."

"Yeah.."

Before he left to study abroad we were closer than anybody. I realized that time is scary thing. We've been friends for 10 years and now we've been apart for 3 years, and everything is so different.

"..."

I was absentminded.

"Time is scary, huh."

"Yeah, it is..."

What was the reason for this change and awkwardness? We were even closer than friends 19 years ago, we had 10 years of friendship and we were in a relationship after that. What could have torn us apart?

".. We're here."

"Jiyeon,"

Like he decided on something, he called out to me, but I said his name at the same time.

"Can I go first?"

There was a question that I couldn't wait to ask. I was just going to blame being drunk if I was sounding crazy.

"Right now, this confusion is driving me crazy."

"..."

"Have you been well the last 3 years? How was studying abroad? Did you make any friends?"

"Jiyeon..."

"I thought of a lot of questions for when you came back, but there's a question that I really wanted to know the answer to."

"... What is it?"

 

 

'Right now, I'm not fine, what about you?'

"Are you fine?"

"What do you mean?"

The emotions that I was holding back overflow, and my tears start falling, there was a lump in , and as she tries to speak her tear filled voice squeaked. Myungsoo, who well knew what she felt, came a step closer and pulled her into his arms. He her hair gently and spoke to her calmly.

"I know what you're trying to say. I know that 3 years wasn't a short time, and I knew that you were sad and I'm sorry for that, Jiyeon, no, I'm sorry for everything."

Jiyeon who was crying in his arms, went back to the times when they were younger.

"Myungsoo,"

"Yeah?"

"Changes both happened to us, a lot of it."

"We have."

"But I... all I can think about is seeing you when you're 19 years old. I miss those times and now that I see you with this many changes I...I feel weird."

"Jiyeon, of course that would happen, time just doesn't stop for us, and can't stop, we were bound to change during it."

Like he was trying to stop a baby from crying, he pat Jiyeon's back steadily.

"I don't want to grow up to be an adult."

"..."

Myungsoo usually answered Jiyeon instantly, but that seemed to silence him. I don't want to grow up to be an adult, I'm scared.

"Why don't you go inside and rest, call it a day."

"No, I don't want to."

Jiyeon stubbornly said as she was moved further from the warmth of the body that was hugging her.

"I know it doesn't make sense, it's a childish thought too, but why is it so scary to grow up?

"We can't be kids for the rest of our life, this point always comes, to everyone."

"..."

"The 3 years we spent away from each other, we did change, you were right. And during those times I kept wondering if it would be okay to come back to your side... but today, seeing your face again, made me realize one thing."

After saying that Myungsoo wrapped his hands around her face and kissed her.

Jiyeon blinked a couple of times as Myungsoo pulled away.

"After leaving you alone for 3 years, I'm going to fill that absence, forever."

"...I-"

And still, right now

"I love you

I hope you won't suffer anymore with these emotions anymore."

 

 

Specialty-Entertainment-Divider.png

Yeah... this might have been really confusing so I'll explain it...

Jiyeon and Wendy, Myungsoo and Peter, Myungsoo and Wendy, Jiyeon and Peter are NOT supposed to be the same person. They do have similarities, yes, but I don't mean the same exactly. So, in this story (and the original Peter Pan) Peter is supposed to be symbolizing being an adult. (Scene where Wendy waits for Peter to come= Waiting to be an adult) But as Wendy hears all these things to go to Neverland, she doesn't want these things(Adulthood) to come so quickly. 

Now back to Jiyeon and Myungsoo... Jiyeon and Wendy, Myungsoo and Peter, do make more sense than the other, so let's just go with that. Connect the information I gave above to Jiyeon and Myungsoo. Also remember how Myungsoo said that "I have a feeling I want to see you for a while", that's when he finds out he is leaving to study abroad. And also note how Jiyeon wasn't exactly happy when she first got back together with Myungsoo after three years, that just symbolizes being a bit timid before becoming an adult, but in the end they're back in a relationship, and that just means that Jiyeon will be happy as an adult.

If that was too confusing, just read it without any meaning... It's still fine.

 

Specialty-Entertainment-Divider.png

It's different from what I wrote in the past from my other acc, right? I-is it still good? 

No?

Oh... k

Anyways, I know it's just a one shot after not seeing you guys since my last story from the other acc, but I hope you guys are happy with this, because it took lots of brain function and I'm not good with that.

Well... BYE I appreciate upvotes, comments, and friend requests! Subscribing isn't as needed since it's just a one-shot!