final.

Wild Heart

Warning: This story contains some curse words. Ignore them if you'd like!

“Babe, you’ve been focusing on your works lately that you have practically forgotten that you have a needy boyfriend.” Yoona heard her boyfriend’s whines, and placed her eyeglasses down as she turned to look at him. He was sulking on the floor as he looked at her with those big, puppy eyes.

 

Who would have thought that Jongsuk has this side on him? First and foremost, he was considered as their university’s bad boy. There was never a day that he wasn’t involved in a gang fight. He isn’t a member of the fraternity, though. He just loved fighting, and he found pleasure in hurting others.

 

Until he met Yoona. He was a sophomore back then when Yoona entered university. She was a hardworker, and she shared some courses with Jongsuk. Heck, she was even his annoying Chemistry Lab partner who did nothing but bother him to go to class because her grades depend on their performance as partners.

 

Yoona made her way towards him, as she sat beside him and rested her head on his shoulders. She has been studying hard for the upcoming board exam that she and Jongsuk are going to take. Even though the latter graduated earlier, he chose to wait for Yoona to graduate so they can take the exam together.

 

“I’m so sorry, boo. You know that I’ve always wanted to become a doctor so I’m really working hard to pass this exam in one take.” She closed her eyes, and Jongsuk wrapped an arm around her tensed shoulders. There’s still a month to go but he knew how anxious his love was. They both knew that they have to do well, in order to show everyone that their love isn’t as ed up as they thought it would be.

 

He kissed her forehead, and Yoona’s heart skipped a beat. They have been together for years, but he still gave her those fluttery feelings. She looked at him with eyes full of admiration and with his gaze; she knew that he’s really the one. She giggled once she felt his hand poke her sides, and playfully slapped his arm.

 

“Yah, Lee Jongsuk!” Jongsuk feigned a fake expression on his face, as Yoona stuck her tongue out playfully.

 

“You hurt me, baby boo.” Jongsuk looked at her with those teasing eyes, as he called her the endearment she hates the most. She told him that it has always given her the chills in a bad way. Yoona looked at him with a disgusted face, as Jongsuk laughed his heart out.

 

As Yoona watched the love of her life as happy as this, she felt so grateful. She thanked God for giving her a man like Jongsuk, and she’d do everything just to make him stay. Yoona smiled widely at him as she leaned closer, their foreheads touching. Jongsuk closed their proximity as he locked their lips, and kissed her passionately.

 

They said it was going to be hard. Liars. They said Jongsuk would be the biggest mistake of her life. He taught me what is right and what is wrong. They said he is awful and that he’d leave her once he took her dignity away from her. He said he’d wait until we get married, and he kept his words. They said that a beauty needs only a prince. But sometimes the boys with crooked smiles and wild hearts are better than pretty boys who’d taint your eyes with tears later.

 

Yoona did not regret taking the risk. She never will because she knew: she knew that she loved Jongsuk, and he will love her only.

 

*

 

“God ing damn it, why is the daily newspaper sold out in this damned hour!” Yoona exclaimed, and Jongsuk found her very cute at her mad state. “Why the heck are you grinning, Lee Jongsuk!? Go find another damned newspaper stand because I’m going to go crazy here!”

 

They were strolling on the streets to buy a newspaper but unfortunately, after 5 stalls, they have found none. It was the big day, and he thought that probably all of Korea had bought the damned newspapers Yoona was whining about. He knew the anxiousness she’s feeling right now. Even he was very nervous for the results. It was the day where they either get an M.D. after their names or they have to wait for another year and retake the test.

 

Luckily, there was a newspaper stand in the coffee shop they decided to stop by. Yoona have forgotten to order her favorite latte because once she saw the tabloid, she immediately grabbed one and sat on a nearby chair.

 

Jongsuk proceeded to buy coffees for the both of them and when he came back, he found his girlfriend sobbing while her face was covered with her palms. He rushed towards her and placed the coffees on the table, as he hugged her tightly.

 

“Shush, it’s okay baby. We’re going to nail the next exam, I promise.” He was rubbing her back as he buried his face on her nape, when he felt Yoona nudge him on the stomach causing him to break the hug. “Ya!”

 

Yoona wiped the snot that formed under her nose, and lightly punched Jongsuk’s stomach. “Idiot.” She was about to break into another cry, but she had to deliver the news. The great news they have been waiting for. “We goddamned passed Jongsuk! We passed!” She exclaimed, as tears flowed down her cheeks freely.

 

Jongsuk was flabbergasted. It took awhile before it finally sunk into him that they are now registered doctors. He didn’t know that a tear fell from his eyes, and Yoona kissed that tear away. He tugged his lips into a wide smile, as he kissed every part of Yoona’s face, making the latter giggle.

 

He thought it was the end of him. Seven years ago, he thought that he would always be the bad boy as he was, and that someday he’d either be a gangster or not see the future at all. He was close to dying. He thought his life was pointless with his family not caring even a bit for him, and the people judged him for having those tattoos and cigarettes and that sideways smile.

 

But Yoona came. She was different from the others. She didn’t ask him why he was so ed up, or said insulting things to him. Instead, she nagged at him to never give up on life because it has and will never give up on him. And that she will never give up on him.

 

She listened to why he got those tattoos, when did he start smoking, and how he got involved into gang fights. She saw him cry while he was telling her how he wanted to make his parents proud but he will just be a shadow, and that his brother will always be better than him. She held him tight when he was planning to jump off a building since their professor in one particular course humiliated him because of his appearance and his dark background.

 

She was always there for him. She never judged him, and she never said nasty things about him to other people. She even protected him from her parents when they said that he was a good-for-nothing guy, and told them that he’s better than who they actually think he is. She was a strong-willed girl, a beautiful and kind one too. He didn’t know what he did to deserve such a wonderful lady like Yoona.

 

He stared at her attractive doe eyes, and thanked God for giving him such an amazing girlfriend. He pecked her nose lightly, and got down on his knee as he took a ring out from his pocket.

 

Once Yoona saw the ring, she let out a gasp. She then noticed that most of the people in the café are looking at them, but she didn’t feel a bit embarrassed. She looked at Jongsuk once again, as tears build in the corner of her eyes.

 

Jongsuk grinned at his soon to be fiancé’s reaction, and cleared his throat. “I know it is very unusual for a man to propose at 7 in the morning while he and his girlfriend waited anxiously for the result of the board exam, but I knew that this is the right time.

 

“At first, I didn’t know that you were the right person for me. You annoyed the heck out of me as you tried to drag me to every class that we are together, and heck, I hated you for always nagging at me to concentrate on my studies. I was close to giving up, but you were always there to support me. You were my pillar, my light at the end of the dark alley, my sunshine, my everything, and my future wife.

 

“I didn’t know what to do when I felt attracted to you. I was scared when I finally noticed how beautiful you look even with less make-up, and how kind your heart is. I was terrified to be with you because I knew that we’re worlds apart and the society will never accept the love story of the princess and the criminal.

 

“But you made me feel like we’re equal. That you’re just Yoona, and I’m just Jongsuk. We might have been individuals with a lot of differences, but we were bonded because our hearts are connected. I could not imagine a life without you, babe. As I put this ring on your finger, I promise you eternal love, faithfulness, and trust because I know you are the one for me.

 

“So Im Yoona, would you save lives and kick assess with me forever?” The tears that were threatening to fall finally flooded Yoona’s cheeks as she nodded. She was speechless after hearing Jongsuk’s proposal because she never knew that he would be this cheesy. Jongsuk tried to swallow his tears as he put the ring on Yoona’s left ring finger and got up to hug her. He held her like she is his oxygen. He has never been thankful in his life, and he’s glad that he now has something to look forward to everyday.