잊지 말아요 (Don't Forget Me)

잊지 말아요 (Don't Forget Me)

Youngji nervously held the key in her hands. 

"You can do this," Youngji told herself. 

The maknae of KARA pushed the key inside the hole and opened a once-famous gate. As she stepped inside the vicinity, all the memories flood in... 

 

~Flashback~

The roommates from the SBS Gayo Daejaejeon got at the share house first. Gookju and Kangjun offered to cook dinner so the other could rest. Youngji and Jackson went to their separate rooms first to clean up. After five miutes, Jackson went up to Room #1 where Youngji is staying. She was just sitting at infront of the the mirror when Jackson came in. 

"Why are you just sitting there?" Jackson said as he went behind Youngji.

Youngji replied, "I was just thinking of what happened between us."

Jackson put his hands on Youngji's shoulders and said, "Did you regret something?"

Youngji shook her head. "Ani," she said, "I'm thankful...Thakful that you liked someone like me."

Jackson then wrapped his arms around Youngji. "Why are you sounding like that? You're beautiful, attractive, smart, funny, kind...You're perfect, Youngji. You're perfect for me."

Youngji got up and hugged Jackson. "Gomawo, Jackson."

Jackson hugged back. "I...I love you, Youngji."

Youngji was surprised and pulled away from Jackson's hug, but her arms were still aroud him. "Mworago?" Youngji asked.

"I love you," Jackson said, this time more sure of his feelings.

Youngji said while trembling ad looking away at Jackson, "Are you...Are you sure of that? I mean...I..."

Jackson looked at Youngji and said, "Yes, I am sure. I like you more than anyone else. What I am feeling...I have always felt this before with you...I can't explain it i detail...But the more I spend time with you...The more I fall in love with you, Youngji. I love you, Heo Youngji."

~End of Flashback~

 

"I didn't know that it would just end up like that," Youngji said to herself.

Wiping her tears, she urged herself to inside the old house of Roommate. A whole year passed since Roommate ended. Also, it has been a whole year since Youngji, the new and fresh idol, got her fame...and first boyfriend, Wang Jackson of Got7. However, as it was inevitable, the two found it hard to meet after Roommate. It lead to misunderstandings, fights...And eventually their break-up. 

 

Meanwhile, another person was already inside the former sharehouse. He was on Room #1, on the bed near the window. He, too, had a difficult time entering and touring the sharehouse again. However, when he reached the spot where he was. He didn't want to leave.

"You know," Jackson said to a picture in his phone, "I never, ever wanted us to be like this. I...I was too immature."

Jackson was looking at his copy of his last couple selca with Youngji. It was during their 200th day, and they decided to visit the sharehouse. They shared the selca on Youngji's former bed, where Jackson is currently sitting. 

"Why did we do it...?" Jackson asked, more particularly to himself. 

 

~Flashback~

Jackson was impatiently pacing back and forth the sharehouse's yard. He was worried and angry, for Youngji was not able to contact him. It has been 45 minutes past their meeting time and no word from the KARA maknae, until Jackson saw her running and panting towards him. 

The couple hugged, but Jackson said in an angry tone, "Yah, what happened to you?"

Youngji, confused by Jackson's reaction, said, "What? I know I'm late, I'm sorry. But I'm here now..."

"No," Jackson said harshly, "Why were you late?"

Now hurt by Jackson's tone, she answered, "It was traffic...Why are you like this to me? When you are late, I never shouted at you."

Jackson said, "I was worried sick! No call!"

"All of our phones died out," Youngji said, not getting annoyed.

"Then you should have charged it!" Jackson shouted again and walked away from Youngji. 

Youngji suddenly blurted out, "Are you tired? Are you tired of this? Not meeting on time? Not seeing each other for so long?! I haven't seen you for a whole MONTH Jackson, and this is how you welcome me?!"

Jackson, "Well, maybe I am tired!" 

~End of Flashback~

 

After that, the couple did not speak to each other since. When the report of the JackJi couple breaking went out, the two said to their companies yes even without thinking. A few months passed, but the two never had the chance to see or call each other again. 

 

Youngji, after entering the house, immediately went to Jackson's room, Room #5. She sat down, sighed and said to herself, "I...I still love you, you crazy idol. What am I doing here? I should be talking to you...But...You might have someone else..." 

 

Jackson said to himself, "I'll call her...No ask her to meet her here. If she has someone else...Well...At least we can formally close it." Tears were forming, but Jackson stopped himself; he needed to be calm if he has to let Youngji go. Mustering all his courage, Jackson went to his contacts...

Babo Youngji<3

That is how Youngji's number is saved, and is still saved in his phone. Taking a deep breath, he pressed the contact and called...

 

Down in Room #5, Youngji's phone suddenly rang. The caller surprised her...

Babo Jackson<3

"Maybe...Maybe he called to formally call it quits?" Youngji said to herself. Clearing of traces of crying, Youngji answered the phone.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Yeoboseyo? Youngji-ah..."

"Ne, Jackson..."

"I..." Jackson canoot continue what to say.

"Yes?" Youngji said, the strain in her voice evident. She was trying to not cry. 

"Please don't cry," Jackson said, "I don't like you crying."

Youngji was surprised that Jackson knew this, and more surprised that his voice seemed louder and closer. "I'm not crying," Youngji said. 

"Turn around," Jackson said.

When Youngji turned, she saw Jackson; his face full of tears with his phone still on his ears. "Why...Why are you here?"

Youngji answered still on the phone, her tears flowing freely. "Don't you remember? It's...It's our...300th day. How about you...?"

"That's why I'm here," Jackson answered, "It's our 300th day."

"Jackson, did you forget about me?"

"No, Youngji, I did not."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wang Jackson, do you still love me?"

"Yes, Heo Youngji, I still do."