final.

Chasing the End of the Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  final.

The first time Jiyong really looked at Seungri, it had been raining. The sky was dark and the wind was tearing through the streets, causing Jiyong’s hair – which he had spent almost thirty minutes trying to perfect, thank you very much – to go flying in all directions. Jiyong’s coat didn’t have a hood and his hair was suffering for it.

Seungri had also suffered the same fate. By the time Jiyong and Seungri stepped into the recording studio, they were sopping wet and dripping water everywhere. Seungri had glanced over at Jiyong and smiled slightly as he pulled off his hood, his eyes flicking upwards to look at Jiyong’s now destroyed hair.

Seungri had been still shorter than Jiyong at the time, and the way he looked up at Jiyong, with drops of rain water hanging from the younger boy’s eyelashes and down his face made Jiyong freeze.

It was the first time Jiyong really looked at Seungri. It was the first time he looked past the awkward fidgeting and dark eye bags. It was the first time Jiyong saw the way the lights shone on Seungri’s pale skin and the way his smile was so genuine and so full of life.

He was beautiful.

The sun peaked through the clouds outside the window, and Jiyong could see the beginnings of a rainbow.

 And as time passed, Jiyong would remember that one moment and think of how much Seungri was like that rainbow.

***

It didn’t actually take long after that initial revelation in the lobby of the recording studio for Jiyong to realize that he loved Seungri. Perhaps he had always loved Seungri, from the moment he saw the eleven year old kid in oversized sweats, too large smile, and awkward movements.

It took him years to actually realize what exactly loved about Seungri, but after almost a decade with the boy, the colours of the rainbow modeled the things about Seungri he adored and admired.

***

Seungri was red.

Seungri was passionate; Jiyong had no doubt about that. He had a love for music and dance that rivalled Jiyong’s and his endless will to continue through everything never failed to astound Jiyong.

Harsh words – from both Jiyong and everyone else – didn’t seem to affect Seungri. He smiled through it all, never letting anyone see his pain.

And Jiyong found himself admiring Seungri for that.

***

Seungri was orange.

No one could deny Seungri’s endless enthusiasm. He tackled every song and every obstacle with a life Jiyong didn’t know could exist. He pushed himself and the rest of the band to do better with his boundless energy and bright smiles.

And even after all the years they had been together, Seungri looked at Jiyong with a sort of fascination, as if Jiyong was the whole world. As time passed, those glances were fewer and farther in between, but they were still present. Jiyong could still see them when Seungri thought he wasn’t looking.

And Jiyong adored Seungri for that.

***

Seungri was yellow.

Seungri was the light of Big Bang, practically bouncing off the walls twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. He was full of endless laughter and semantics that never failed to make anyone laugh at the sheer absurdity of his actions.

Seungri talked before he thought, words coming out of his mouth before he really thought about it. It could be alienating to most people, but everything that Seungri ever said was so genuine, so happy, and just so heartwarming that Jiyong could never find it in himself to be mad. No matter what Seungri did.

And that was simultaneously infuriating and adorable.

***

Seungri was green.

Jiyong watched Seungri grow, going from a shy preteen boy into a wonderful young man. Jiyong sometimes felt strangely like a proud parent, watching Seungri work the crowd with skill that could only be born from experience.

Jiyong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter