Getting a Room and Figuring Out What is Wrong with Dean Thomas

Puffling Huffs

Onew

It was on a completely unremarkable Tuesday that Onew finally decided, once and for all, that he was done caring about Seamus Finnigan.

“I’m done caring about Seamus Finnigan,” Onew announced at breakfast that morning, apropos of nothing. His friends, in their usual caring way, proceed to continue eating and ignore him completely.

“Good for you,” snipped Key, who had wandered over from the Slytherin table minutes before to pilfer pastries from the Hufflepuff table and never returned to his original seat. Onew noticed that this had become a regular habit, though would never admit it. He valued his life too much for that.

“I mean it this time,” Onew continued as Luna wordlessly reached over him to scoop another spoonful of jam onto her plate. “He doesn’t pay attention to me and I’m sick of it.”

“He’s never paid attention to you,” Jonghyun said lightly, “what’s changed?”

“I’ve decided that I need to focus on me for a while,” Onew replied. “It’s been too long since I’ve started this doomed one-sided nonsense and it’s time that I took care of myself, you know?”

“Also, Seamus didn’t see him sitting at our potions table yesterday and sat on him,” Key added. Onew, by way of response, sputtered and nearly choked on his juice in an effort not to let any dribble out of his mouth, with mild success.

“You are a champion among men. Never change,” Jonghyun said, before shoving a croissant in his mouth, grabbing his bag and leaving abruptly from the table. “Salutations,” he remarked, passing Amber on the way out of the great hall.

“Indeed,” Amber replied, giving a stiff faux-bow before approaching the Hufflepuffs. “Key, we’re going to be late.”

“As if I’d show up with a Gryffindor,” Key replied lazily, though without malice. House rivalries, more-or-less dead since all of that Harry Potter nonsense, were still something of a long-standing joke through which Gryffindors and Slytherins could tease each other. Amber and Key had taken this tradition beyond that of custom and had turned it into pure art.

“,” Amber said, “I’ll leave without you.”

“Whatever,” Key said, grabbing his bag. “By the way,” he said, looking in Luna’s direction, “your girlfriend was looking for you earlier. Something about leaving your parchment in her dorm yesterday?”

,” Luna said, “that’s my transfiguration essay, I have to turn that in in an hour!”

“So that’s not an innuendo for anything? Hmm,” Onew pondered.

“Get hip, grandpa,” Luna said, standing and leaving in the same direction as Jonghyun had minutes before.

“I am hip,” muttered Onew, scowling into his oatmeal. The oatmeal did not scowl back.

“Farewell, idiots,” Key said, grabbing one last muffin from the table and shouldering Amber with more force than was strictly necessary. “After you, princess.”

“You are seriously asking for it,” Amber hissed.

“You like it.”

“What gave you that impression?”

“Get a room, yelled Minho from the Gryffindor table.

“THIS IS A ROOM!” yelled Key, shaking his fist in Minho’s direction.

“Sick burn, bro,” Amber chuckled before grabbing Key’s arm and turning back to the table. “We out.”

“Bye, guys,” Onew said, waving sadly. His grand declaration of the morning had not been met with the reaction he expected

Or, any reaction. Like, at all.

“Looks like it’s just you and me,” Onew said, returning to his oatmeal once more.

“Get a roooooooom.”

“GODDAMN IT MINHO.”

 

 

Sulli

Dean Thomas was standing way too close to Sulli.

It wasn't that he was a bad boyfriend, far from it in fact. He was attentive, handsome, tall, smart, tall, occasionally funny, good at charms and also tall? Did she mention tall?

Because he was tall.

He was pretty great, but there was always been something a little off, something intangible, something…

“Are you ever going to notice that Dean isn’t in this class?” Taemin asked, staring at Dean with an intensity that was slightly troubling. Taemin was nothing if not territorial of his friends.

“Oh, . Yeah.” Turning to Dean, she asked, “What are you doing here, exactly?”

“Admiring your beauty,” Dean replied wistfully.

“Ew.,” Taemin muttered, staring resolutely at his desk and absolutely not at them.

“Is there a problem?” Professor Song asked. “Mr. Thomas, what are you doing here?”

“Being a pain in the ,” Taemin called cheerfully.

“Language, Mr. Lee. Mr. Thomas, out!”

“I’ll miss you,” Dean said, kissing Sulli on the cheek. Even Sulli looked grossed out.

“If you’re quite finished,” Professor Song said, eyebrow quirked in amusement, “let’s get back to the matter at hand. Household charms! They may seem trivial but they will be your most commonly used skill-set in the real world, if any of you are hoping to be married at any point in the future.”

“So does that mean I can be excused?” called Goyle.

“Yes, Mr. Goyle. Apparently repetition does you no good and I cannot imagine the woman who would want to marry you. So, you may as well go elsewhere. Godspeed.”

“Thank you…” Goyle trailed off, clearly unsure as to whether or not he’s been praised or insulted. Professor Song passed Taemin’s desk on the way to the blackboard and, ever-so-stealthily, low-fived him.

Victoria was ing awesome.

Sulli pretended to sulk though secretly was amused. Charms with Taemin and Victoria (, no, Professor Song, she was going to get into trouble if she kept doing that) had rapidly become the highlight of her week since the beginning of term. Something about knowing the professor (and having been drunk with the professor, and having seen the professor attempt to strip a taxidermy bear in a cowboy-themed bar, and having been with the professor when she got married and subsequently divorced…) just made the class seem more…

…hilarious. Besides, Dean (like so many others before him) was clearly a temporary fixture in Sulli’s life.

Very, very temporary.

What’s your feeling on Goyle? Sulli wrote on the corner of her parchment, before tapping Taemin on the shoulder and passing it over. Taemin read, scrunched his nose and immediately began writing a response. Sulli looked over his shoulder to see what he wrote.

Undesirable.

Snatching the parchment back, Sulli frantically scribbled a response:

Yeah well I kind of desire him.

TMI.

Whatever, like you don’t babble about __________.

Sulli attempted three times to write the name, but for some reason the quill froze every time she attempted to put the words to paper.

“What the hell,” she hissed.

Taemin smirked. “I charmed your quill so you can never write his name.”

“What the hell! Paranoid much?!”

“No paper trails, !”

“Taemin! Sulli!” Professor Song hissed. The two fell silent instantly.

Victoria is still scary, Sulli privately thought before putting her quill to paper and finally focusing on the task at hand.