Where it all begins | -snapshot-

Beneath the black canvas

Author's Note: Kai's childhood love is dead. His devotion towards him is endless even when he grows up to be a supermodel. His twenty-six years old self still cannot accept the fact that he has lost him twelve years ago. But during his birthday party held by his company, a certain figure has caught his eyes and by just looking at his back, Kai knows it is him by heart. 

---------------------------------

"Jongin!!"

His screams, his voice, it is still loud and clear in his mind, still fresh like it just happens a second ago. The image of his childhood love, Sehun, is still vividly playing at the back of his mind like he is still there, the thirteen years old Sehun is still there, with him, next to him and his smile is alive; enlivening in Kai's eyes. Kai lives his life with a hope that burns into ashes yet revives again when he keeps a faith that Sehun is not dead. He can feel him. 

It is as though Kai is living through hopes that thrive from his unrequited love towards Sehun. Many people call it a puppy love but to Kim Jongin or as known as Kai, his love for Sehun is a true love that will never die. 

 

----------------------------

 

"Someone important will be here, tonight." 

Kim Jongdae, his manager voices from behind him, standing at the doorway with his back leaning against the doorframe; waiting for Kai to finally finish examining his own image which reflects in the length view mirror. Perfect. Jongdae whispers and smiles to himself when the brunette waltzs his way to him. This look of Kai wearing all black, clad in a pair of leather pants with sleeveless top tuck in, tousled hair; it makes him look godly, smoky hot and last but not least, y. If Jongdae were a girl, he could have drooled over the image but he is not into men, never. Just that Kai makes him feel that way and he does not understand how Kai's aura can give such impact not only to all the girls and women out there but men as well. 

Jongdae has to admit that Kai's male fans are undeniably enormous and he has to say that sometimes they are giving him headaches better than fangirls. 

"And who is it?" Kai asks, finally standing right in front of Jongdae with his eyes glued to his phone in his hands. 

"Wu Shixun, a spoiled younger brother of Kris Wu. Coming all the way from Canada and trust me, people has never seen his face because he is shielded or mostly covered all the time. So people are dying to see him live, today." Jongdae speaks with excitement laces in his voice which causes Kai to smirk. 

"So, you're one of the excited people to see him? And why is he... Covered?" Kai finally looks up to look at Jongdae straight in the elder's eyes with a smirk still playing on his lips.  

"Of course! Who would not want to see him? He is rumored to be ing handsome." Jongdae clasps both of his hands like a teenage girl in love with dreamy eyes and Kai scoffs at that, snapping the elder from his own imagination. "Oh, by the way he is also rumored to be the son of Wu's mistress. One of the reasons why he is shielded from the medias." 

"Exclusive." Kai remarks, amused. 

"What?" Jongdae frowns at the remark, bewilder. 

"Wu... What is it again?" 

"It's Wu Shixun," Jongdae rolls his eyes knowing that Kai isn't fully focused on his information earlier. 

"Yeah, this Shixun. He sounds exclusive and..." Kai smirks, leaning closer to Jongdae, looking all wicked that has his manager to look at him in horror. "Mysterious."