ShermaineShootsYou ♔

Dedication

GYoon's Courage

✩✩✩✩✩

 

"I like you!" 

 

Silence.

 

"Oppa! I say I like you! I want to be your girlfriend!"

 

Silence.

 

"I really, really, really like you! Just let me be your girlfriend!" 

 

Silence.

 

"Yah, Kwon Jiyong.  Are you by any chance mute?" 

 

"Shut up." 

 

The above scene depicts the daily life of a simple girl named Im Yoona, with her best friend's brother (who also happens to be her little crush) Kwon Jiyong. Yoona, the bubbly girl has been optimistic for her entire life is no quitter even if she meets Kwon Jiyong, the cold guy who doesn't have much words for his entire life. He shuns, she pursues; that's the life that had been ongoing for them ever since the girl laid her eyes on this guy a few months ago. 

 

"Yayyyy! You finally talked! I broke my record again! I only took 10 minutes this time!" 

 

"Yah Im Yoona, are you annoying my brother again?" Kwon Yuri, Yoona's best friend and Jiyong's little sister chuckled as she came back with their smoothies, witnessing Jiyong rolling his eyes. "Yah oppa, I told you to stop rolling your eyes. It's ugly!" 

 

"Ani? I think he looks really cooooool like that," Yoona rested her chin on her hand as she stared at Jiyong dreamily who continued his straight expression. 

 

"Oh god, why did I even introduce you to him?!" Yuri rolled her eyes and sighed in exasperation. "You're poisoned Im Yoona! Poisoned!" 

 

"I would say lovestruck is a better word," Yoona replied without even looking at her best friend, her eyes fixated only on the guy in front of her. "You're really handsome oppa..."

 

"Join in the queue with his hundreds of fangirls," Yuri hit her head hard and smirked, taking out a pile of letters from her bag. "All these are letters to him from his fangirls. A little annoying but oh well, because of this, I get to have free lunch everyday~ So Im Yoona, why aren't you bribing me yet? The easiest way to let Kwon Jiyong take notice of you is through making friends or making his little sister happy you know." 

 

"That's because all these girls don't have the guts to come face to face to him! That's why they need to send all these letters and bribe this GREEDY little sister," Yoona finally took a look at her best friend, pinching her nose. "I don't need all these because I've the courage. So save it Kwon Yuri! You can't earn my money!" 

 

"You'll regret it," Yuri wrinkled her nose in response. 

 

"Yeah yeah yeah. When I lay down in the graveyard maybe." 

 

"Yah! Im Yoona!" 

 

Jiyong witnessed the cute bickering in front of him and couldn't help but broke into a grin. 

 

"Omo! Oppa! Did you just... Did you just... SMILE?!!" Yoona shrieked. 

 

"Ani. You're nuts Im Yoona," Jiyong's grin disappeared as soon as it appeared and he was back to his stoic expression. He grabbed his bag and hopped off the stool with his smoothie in hand, turning to Yuri. "I got to go now. I'll pay you back when we're at home later tonight, take care of yourself." 

 

"Yah Kwon Jiyong! You always say so but you never once paid up! You schemer! How dare you even cheat your own sister's money!" Yuri grimaced and shouted at him.

 

But all he replied was his backview and a wave as he walked off, heading off. 

 

"Chinjia! This Kwon Jiyong, I'm going to ransack his room if he refuses to pay me today again," Yuri mumbled to herself in frustration and looked up, coming face to face to her best friend's gaping expression. "Yah, you haven't taken your medicine? What's with this dumb look again."

 

"D-Did you just heard? Ji-Jiyong oppa... H-He... He remembers my name!" Yoona exclaimed excitedly, hyperventilating. 

 

Yuri could only facepalm herself; she must have done some great sins to deserve these two people in her life.

 

ღღღღღ

 

Despite Jiyong showing his distaste for Yoona, he still joined her and Yuri for lunch every Friday after his lesson. So, regarding the reason behind this bizarre action, no one could explain. No one knew what was in his mind.

 

"Yoona was caught up with her fanboys so she's joining us later," Yuri said when her brother came into the café, looking around. 

 

"I-I didn't say I was looking for her," Jiyong stuttered guiltily before regaining his composure. "It's better if she isn't around. I can have my lunch in peace." 

 

"Look at the s-st-stuttering," Yuri shook her head with a chuckle. "Why don't you like Yoona anyway?" 

 

"How're things going between you and Youngbae? Is he treating you well?" Jiyong shunned away from the topic. 

 

"Things between us are working out fantastically and I guess the only demerit point would be him being my brother's best friend," Yuri shrugged. "He's cute and takes really good care of me but he's a little shy though. That's why I was hoping to have a double date or something. It'll make things more fun and I guess he'll be more at ease when he's around you." 

 

"I think shy guys are good. They'll treat you better than those guys who only have a glib tongue," Jiyong replied, sipping his drink.

 

"Are you referring to yourself?" Yuri teased. "Is that why you're always giving Yoona a cold shoulder? Because you're too shy for her courageous confession?"

 

"Why must it be me? I can help you get Daesung and Tiffany. They're awesome moodmakers and you'll definitely enjoy the double date," Jiyong conveniently evaded the question again. 

 

"They're too noisy and chances of them embarrassing us are higher than them making us feel comfortable," Yuri snorted. "And yah, I see what you did there. Stop trying to change the topic. Why do you not like Yoona!" 

 

The siblings were so engrossed in their topic that they didn't notice Yoona who had came in after shaking off all her suitors. Yoona heard Yuri's shout and decided to sneak to the sofa near their table to eavesdrop. It would be a lie to say that she isn't curious about what Jiyong thinks about her. Through these months of courting and 'pestering', Yoona was sure that Jiyong somehow fancies her too. Don't ask her why, she just got that instinct, and her instinct rarely goes wrong.

 

"I mean Yoona IS the perfect girl for you!" Yuri exclaimed. "She's smart, she's kind-hearted, she doesn't get jealous easily, she knows about your things more than you probably know about yourself and don't get me started on how pretty and gorgeous she is. But most importantly, she's best friend with your sister! So even when you guys get married next time, you don't have to worry about the wife and the sister-in-law quarrelling and pulling each other's hair off." 

 

Yoona was nodding her head in agreement. Guess like those rare occasions of her treating Yuri smoothie have paid off. She waited eagerly to hear Jiyong's reply.

 

"She likes me so I must like her? What logic is this? Why must I like her?" 

 

The three questions that brought her excitement to pits of hell. 

 

"All those qualities listed above, I'm pretty sure I can find one that has all of them from my pool of fangirls," Jiyong chuckled. "And the fact about you getting along with her, I think if she really loves me, she would have to put up with your behaviour. But of course, you can't go overboard either." 

 

Out of the rare chances of her instinct going wrong, it had to be on this matter. So all these while, it's really her just pestering him and he didn't habour any positive feelings about her. It's all her wishful thinkings. She suddenly felt so embarrassed of herself and decided to make herself scarce. She had never felt so dejected and rejected before. 

 

"I don't think any girls would go way out to cave in for another girl even if she's the sister of the guy she loves," Yuri pursed her lips and tapped on her chin. "Or maybe only Yoona would."

 

"Then I wouldn't date her. I only have a sister while I can have many other girlfriends to choose," Jiyong laughed and gave a knock on his sister's head. "And yah! If I really like Im Yoona, I would tell her. It's not something for you to worry about." 

 

"Yah! I'm going to become dumb if you continue to hit me like that!" Yuri pouted as she rubbed her head but beamed thereafter. "Omo omo omo! So does that mean that you like her?!!" 

 

"Did I say anything?" Jiyong feigned ignorance and it just so happened someone saved him from the endless pursuit of his sister. "Bae! Here!" 

 

"Chinjia! Kwon Jiyong!" Yuri scoffed but couldn't get angry, putting on a perfect smile as her boyfriend walked towards them. "Hey oppa~" 

 

But too bad, the latter of the conversation was completely unknown to Im Yoona~ Yes I know. They always say, drama-mama. Oh well, real life happenings. 

 

Hey Yul... Er... I'm feeling a little unwell. So I'm heading home! Not joining you guys today. Have fun without me! 

-Yoong (:

 

"Oh, Yoona is not joining us today..." Yuri showed the phone to the guys. "This is weird..." 

 

"Mwuh?" 

 

"She looks perfectly fine this morning and usually, she doesn't send this smiley face to me. She usually send the toothy grin," Yuri scratched her head in bewilderment. "Maybe I'd drop by her house to take a look at her later. Her parents are out of town." 

 

"We can go after our movie," Youngbae suggested lovingly. "I can go with you and send you home thereafter."

 

"Awwwww, I swear the sweetest guy award goes to you, Youngbae-sshi," Yuri whined cutely at her boyfriend.

 

And meanwhile, Jiyong was completely grossed out by this couple. Or more rather, he's worried about other things. Im Yoona, the girl who rarely falls ill, is sick suddenly? And the weird usage of emoticons? Yes, Jiyong had noticed something off too. She always sends him messages with exclaimation marks and toothy grins, seldom have she used the simple smiley expression. He once heard Yuri asked her about it and she explained excitedly, saying that it's a secret code to show that something is wrong with her. Since it's a casual remark, he figured out that Yuri most likely had forgotten about it. 

 

"Yah oppa, can you stop zoning out?" He felt a slap on his shoulder and looked up, his sister pouting at him. 

 

"Eh?"

 

"I said we're going off for our movie now!" Yuri spat. "What's wrong with you? Thinking about Yoona?"

 

"A-Ani!" Jiyong denied. "O-Oh right. Yah, Dong Youngbae, send my sister home by 7pm tonight."

 

"Mwuhyaaaa! Our movie ends at 6.30! We still need to visit Yoona!" Yuri protested. 

 

"Nopes. 7pm is the latest. Since umma and appa aren't around anymore, I've to be the one taking on the parental role," Jiyong smirked. "And you guys have only dated for a few months. So no. 7pm is the best timing I can give you. Enough time for you guys to grab a quick dinner and even share a goodbye kiss." 

 

"Then what about visiting Yoona?"

 

"I-I'll go and visit her for you at most. Then you won't have any excuses of hanging around with your boyfriend," Jiyong tried to sound as nonchalantly as possible. "I've nothing to do now anyway."

 

"Ohhhhhhh," the witty sister saw through her brother's plot completely. She linked her arms around her boyfriend and pulled him off. "Araso araso. We'll get going now! THANKS OPPA. Thanks for offering to help me visit my best friend. I'll leave you to it then!" 

 

"Y-Yah! 7pm alrights!" 

 

"Yeah yeah, we will!"

 

"Eh? So are we visiting Yoona later? And you really have to get home by 7? But the journey from the theatre to your house takes more than 30minutes though..."

 

And then, we have this one dense guy that has absolutely no idea of what's going on~ 

 

ღღღღღ

 

Yoona had forgotten when was the last time she cried. Being an optimistic and bubbly girl, she couldn't recall a memory that she really cried for something except during movies so let alone crying for a guy. And here she was, crying for a guy, and a guy that didn't even like her.

 

Ding Dong!

 

"Go away! I'm in no mood of buying anything now alrights! Can't you see that I'm busy crying over a guy who doesn't even like m-" Yoona opened the door, thinking that it was a salesman and started to blabber away. She trailed off only when she looked up and saw who was at the door. 

 

Jiyong was surprised when he rang the bell and waited nervously as shuffles of footsteps were heard from the inside. But when the door was opened and out came a girl who started scolding, he was stunned for a moment. Though she was still the same old Im Yoona, the one who look amazingly gorgeous, her eyes were actually puffy and red from all the cryings and she was even sobbing still as she rattled on. She finally stopped when their eyes met.

 

He blinked as it took him a minute to register and piece all her blabbers into his mind. Then, he smirked.

 

"Not gonna invite me in?" He raised his brows at her. 

 

"W-What are you doing here..." Yoona's eyes went wide in disbelief as she rubbed them, thinking that it's her illusion. 

 

"To pay my sister's best friend a visit because she's sick?" Jiyong invited himself in and spoke. "Yuri had gone on her date. So she told me to come visit you." 

 

"Yeah yeah, stupid Im Yoona. He doesn't like you. He's just visiting because his beloved sister threatened him to do so," Yoona mumbled to herself as she closed the door behind her, not knowing that Jiyong could hear her loud and clear. "You're just one of those fangirls that he can find anywhere..." 

 

Jiyong smiled to himself at her behaviour. Judging from this, it further confirmed his guess. 

 

"Heard that you're sick so I bought some porridge. You want to eat?" But he kept his composure, decided to continue with the act. 

 

"Oh. Okay..." Yoona was still trying to convince herself that it wasn't an illusion and the fact that he came here because Yuri told him to, not because he wanted to. 

 

Jiyong shook his head and headed to the kitchen, grabbing a bowl and poured out the porridge he bought. He took a glance to the dazed Yoona who was sitting on the sofa together with a pile of used tissue and let out a defeated smile. On the way here, he's nervous and hell and the 10 minute walk had ended up to be an hour instead because he was walking to and back, being a total coward. But judging from all these, he was glad that he had managed to drag himself here after all the contemplatings. It finally gave him the courage that he should have mustered long ago. 

 

"I'll feed you," Yoona wanted to reach out for the porridge but Jiyong slapped her hand gently and picked up the spoon, blowing on the porridge, sending it to . 

 

"Oh. Okay..." Yoona opened instinctively. She seemed to have forgotten the fact that she wasn't really sick and there wasn't even a need for her to eat porridge, let alone feeding her now. But since her mind was filled with too much sadness and shock, it didn't even dawn on her that Jiyong was acting WEIRDLY. 

 

'Forget it! So what if it's Yuri who most probably threatened him to come here to take care of me?! He's here after all isn't it? And even feeding me porridge! I'll just treat him as my boyfriend! Just... Just this first and last time okay...' 

 

"Y-Yah! W-Why are you crying?! Di-Did I scald you?!" Jiyong became flustered as Yoona started to tear up again. He put down the bowl of porridge and wiped her tears away. "Or are you really sick?!"

 

"I-I'm... I'm sick!" Yoona sniffed and let out a smile, holding his hand and rested her cheek against his palm, whining cutely. "Feed me!" 

 

With that thought in mind, she's back to her old self. It's the last time already, might as well make full use right? 

 

"O-Okays..." Jiyong looked at her, wondering how could someone's mood swings so fast but began to feed her nonetheless. "Are you sure you're alrights?"

 

"Uh huh," Yoona ate the porridge happily, feigning a few coughs in the process. "Just a slight flu." 

 

Jiyong smiled inwardly at her lousy acting but played along nonetheless. In no time, she had finished the porridge and Jiyong was cleaning up in the kitchen. 

 

"Y-You're going off already right..." Yoona sighed as she sat on the dining table, staring at him. 

 

"Why? You want to chase me off already?" Jiyong turned around and stared at her, drying his wet hand. 

 

"O-O-Of course not!" Yoona quickly stood up and clarified herself but got guiltier by the minute. "I-I just thought you don't really wanna stay here..."

 

So it finally came down to this.

 

"Given your brain, I thought you would have figured out," Jiyong chuckled and walked towards her slowly. "You skipping our lunch today because you're sick was a lie right?"

 

"E-Eh?"

 

"Just a guess. I could be wrong but is there by any chance that you aren't sick at all but more rather your heart fell sick because you were eavesdropping on me and Yul?" Jiyong pointed out. "Am I right?"

 

"I-I wasn't! I-I just happen to walk in!" Yoona blurted out, falling into his trap so easily. 

 

"But you only heard the first part," Jiyong got nearer to her. "You missed out the latter." 

 

"E-Eh?"

 

"Yul always says that you're smart. Now why don't I see it," he was amused by her expression and that gave him more courage. "I remembered your name but other girls who sent me hundreds of love letters, I couldn't even remember their last name." 

 

She kept silent as he continued to speak, walking closer and closer to her with every point he made.

 

"I've never fed girls, except for Yul and that's when she's really sick." 

 

And eventually, he held her hands up, looking into her eyes.

 

"And of course, you should know that no one can ever threaten Kwon Jiyong," he leaned closer to her, smiling cheekily. "Not even his beloved sister Kwon Yuri. Kwon Jiyong does whatever he wants and likes." 

 

Yoona blinked at him, not knowing what to say.

 

"So, what I'm trying to say is," Jiyong sighed and let go of her hands, breaking off the eye contact as he got nervous but he knew he couldn't leave this hanging. "I like you, Im Yoona. Ever since Yul introduce you to me. It's kinda funny but yes, I was attracted to you even though you acted like a crazy fangirl. But I wasn't sure if that's what they call love. I worry about you like how I worry about Yul, I care for you like how I care for Yul. There's this faint line between sister and lover and I was afraid that I mistook the feeling and hurt you. I wasn't sure and I was observing the situation carefully until the day when I saw Lee Soohyuk chasing you..." 

 

"The day when Soohyuk oppa chased after me? Oh right... It made quite a scene in school..." Yoona pursed her lips cutely, recalling the scene with a chuckle. "He was even daring enough to give me a kiss on the cheek."

 

"See what I mean?" Jiyong pointed at her expression and rolled his eyes in jealousy. "I've always seen your suitors chasing you around but you'd never once reacted like that. Usually, you would brush them off or just rejected politely but for him, you're actually blushing! I witnessed the entire incident unfolding in front of my eyes and before I realise it myself, Youngbae pointed out that the can drink I was holding was already dented by my grip. That's when I realised the feelings I held for you was something more, something special. And not just some sisterly love like I have for Yul." 

 

"Oh..." Yoona nodded before realisation hit her. "Wait a minute. You mean... You mean... You mean you LOVE me?!!!" 

 

"I'm not sure about love but I guess I like you and I'll willing to try if you're willing t-" Jiyong answered innocently.

 

"YES YES YES! OF COURSE I'M WILLING TO TRY! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR LIKE AGES!!!" Yoona cut him off and threw her arms around him excitedly, squealing. "I'LL DEFINITELY MAKE YOU LOVE ME!" 

 

Jiyong's grin spreaded into a wide silly smile as he caught her and returned the hug. They'll work things out wouldn't it? Even if he's not working hard, she'd be working hard for his share as well. That's Im Yoona, the one who dares to love. 

 

"So, I'm your girlfriend now righttttt?" Yoona giggled as they broke away from the hug.

 

"Before that, I have a request," Jiyong replied. "Cut off contact with the so-called Soohyuk oppa."

 

"Mwuh? Andwae!" Yoona grimaced. "He's my backup plan! What if you decide to dump me! I need him as a backup! He's the only one in school that is able to be on par with you!"

 

"Yah Im Yoona! How dare you cheat on me! The guy already kissed you on your cheek when I haven't even get the chance! How long have you know him only!" Jiyong complained in jealousy.

 

"Actually, I've known him longer than I know you since he's my faculty senior," Yoona stuck her tongue out but was quick to revert the heated situation. She planted a quick kiss on Jiyong's cheek and ran away. "He kissed me but I kissed you. So, it's even now!" 

 

"Y-Yah! W-Who giv-gives you the right to kiss me on my cheek!"

 

"You don't like it? Araso~ I'll go give the kiss to Soohyuk OPPA who is more than happy to receive it then!"

 

"Im Yoona, you better get back here now!"

 

"Kwon Jiyong likes me too! Yayyyyyy!" 

 

Jiyong found his face turning red with the kiss as he touched his cheek and smiled dumbly to himself. Of course, he's positive that now that he'd cleared up his feelings with Im Yoona, occasions like this are bound to happen more frequently. Not that he detest it of course. 

 

Oh, and one urgent matter he has on hand.

 

To get rid of the guy named Lee Soohyuk. 

 


Surpriseeeeee! Surprise dedication for this dongsaeng of mine! Haha! Actually, she got the game right even before Hiirah haha! She messaged me and after two tries, she got it. But I thought it wouldn't be fair because she's always the first to know when I update so this gave her a slight advantage haha! So she didn't participate but of course she 'whined', saying that she wants a crown beside her name as well haha! And well, since she's my photo providers for my fics, I can't really offend her right? :p And besides, her exams are coming up so here's a chapter for you babe! Surprise righttttt? Good luck and work hard for your exams before you start producing photos for me again haha! Hey, I even featured your favourite Lee Soohyuk alrights! :B Oh, she didn't know that I'm going to dedicate this plot to her because I just asked her to give a plot to me for me to post on my GYoon oneshot (which of course she believed HAHA). 

 

PS: Funny how all three oneshots I featured 'YulYang'~ :B This chapter has slightly more moments of Yuri because it's 5th December! Our black pearl's birthdayyyyy! HAPPY 26TH/27TH BIRTHDAY KWON YURI! 

 

PPS: With that, I wrap up this dedication storyyyyy! Till next time people~!! I'll re-open this story if I have another game or whatsoever to dedicate to special people. Thank you for your support! Always showering me with so much love and support. (': 

 

Here's the plot that ShermaineShootsYou gave me! Yes, she's excited for I don't know what HAHA: 

WRITE YOONG 追 (chase) Ji! THEN JI LIKE DON'T CARE THOSE TYPE. Yuri is Ji's sister then she like keep push them tgt. Then got one time Yuri talking to Ji about Yoong then Ji ask 'why must I like her?' AHAHAHAHAHAH. Then just nice Yoong heard it. Actually Ji like Yoona de but too shy to show it out. Ok, you continue.