FINAL

Surprise Birthday Surprise

It was five in the morning and Minah was already up. She had a surprise to execute after all. Today was her boyfriend's birthday! Park Chanyeol, world known star, her boyfriend of three years, they were admired by many. The couple was extremely great together, like a couple out of a fairytale. 

Minah rushed into the kitchen, trying her best not to wake her sleeping angel. She opened the fridge and pulled out the cake she had baked late last night. 

"Perfect!" The cake had stayed in its form and was looking even more amazing than it had when she made it. She set it on the counter and whipped out her phone. "Unni, I am ready to come out to set up. Are you guys there yet?" Minah spoke in a hushed voice to her old friend from school. "Okay see you in a few!" She hung up quickly and picked up her masterpiece of a cake. The door closed with a small click as Minah left her sleeping boyfriend alone in their apartment. 

By the time she arrived at her destination, her friends had finished most of the set up. "Minah! Come here and try on your outfit!" Her friends hurried over to her with her set of clothes that matched theirs but each girl had a different color. 

"Minah, you look great in it! I'm so glad it fits!" Her friends looked her over and then handed her back her original clothes. 

Minah directed and tested many things over a period of four hours. She then practiced for an hour and a half after everything was set up and ready. 

"One more time from the top to make sure we have it all right!" Her more dominant friend, Haerim, shouted out and they all scurried to their beginning formation. Haerim had just recently started dating the untouchable Baekhyun but they were already inseparable. 

"Make it louder~!" (Shake it by Sistar) The music played and they all danced through it smoothly. 

"Guys, I think we should practice the Exo dance we choreographed last week. I think they would really like it and I think we looked amazing doing it." One of Minah's friends, Jinhee, spoke up. Jinhee was dating Minseok, also known as Xiumin. They had been dating for a year and a half.

"Okay I think that's a great idea!" Minah nodded enthusiastically and the girls all formed the human tree.

"Naega wolf awoooo~ Saranghaeyo~" The dance went by quickly but it was a bit rough. They kept practicing until they had the dance down perfect and could flow through it without delay. Their additional dance practice took them an extra forty five minutes. 

"Minah, I'm worried." Minah turned around from her bag, that she had just gotten her water bottle from, to face her friend Huan. 

"What? Why?" Minah's eyebrows stuck together. 

"Well Kyungsoo oppa is mad at me." Huan was dating Kyungsoo, she had been with him for two years.

"Why is he mad at you? What happened?" Huan frowned and looked at her shoes that matched all of her friends' but hers were dark blue.

"I didn't tell him about any of this, of course, but he came home early that day we all were practicing at my house. Sistar's technique instructor had finished cleaning up and was just going to gulp down the rest of his smoothie, you guys had left a few minutes before, and then Kyungsoo came in. He looked at the instructor and glared holes into both of us. I was going to explain since it's Chanyeol's surprise not his." Huan had to stop to take a few shaky breaths.

"And? What did he do? Did you tell him?" Minah was now wide eyed and slightly irritated. 

"I was really about to but then he started yelling at me once the instructor left. He wouldn't listen to anything I said and every time I attempted to speak, he would get angrier and yell louder." Huan wiped away the stream of tears that had trickled down her face.

"Well then what happened? Did he leave or did you?"

"How did you know one of us left?" Huan's pitiful eyes looked up at Minah in confusion.

"It normally happens when couples fight, especially if one is accusing the other of something."

"Oh okay... I walked out. I was so flustered and the more he screamed at me, the more I felt my cheeks burn with rage. I don't know exactly what he said when I left. I grabbed my coat and purse and ran out and I heard him calling out to me, saying something but I don't know what. His voice was kind of blocked out."

"So this was last week and you haven't talked to him since?"

"Yes, he called me twice-" Minah cut Huan off mid sentence. 

"Only twice!?" 

"Yeah only twice but I didn't answer nor did he leave a message. Once was the day after our incident and the other was three days ago."

"Then, he hasn't called you since??" Huan frowned deeply and nodded. "Hmm but he is coming tonight, right?" Huan nodded again and looked for Minah to explain. "Then maybe this whole thing will give him the reasons behind such an odd scene." 

"Yeah, I guess. I just want to say sorry for him having to see something that could make your imagination go wild. I mean, it did look like we were going behind his back but I really hope he understands that we weren't. I'm super nervous."

"Don't be, Kyungsoo loves you and if he really cares about you, he'll be the one apologizing to you." Minah set her hand on Huan's shoulder with a supportive smile. 

......

Minah went home after shopping for about two hours, getting party favors and gifts for Chanyeol. She also picked up a little something for Kyungsoo and Huan.

She opened their apartment door and peeked around. Chanyeol wasn't in the living room nor was he in the kitchen so she hurried over to their closet. She slid all the bags in under the coats. "Minah?" Minah spun around while closing the door to face her boyfriend.

"Ah Chanyeol oppa! How are you today?" Chanyeol gave her an odd look so she smiled nervously and scooted away from the door. "I just went shopping so, you know, I didn't want to clutter up your space." She laughed awkwardly.

"Do you know what day it is?"

"Um yeah, black Friday, the twenty seventh of November." Chanyeol's face fell a little. "Oh yeah, oppa, do you want to go to meet Kyungsoo oppa and Minseok oppa and the rest of your members tonight?"

"Oh uh sure, I guess so." Chanyeol solemnly nodded and turned around. "I'm going back to bed." Minah's eyes looked at her lover's back in an apologetic stare.

"Without me? I want to be in the warmth of the bed too!" Chanyeol waved his hand around nonchalantly, not turning around to face her.

"That's okay, I'm sure you could do some more black Friday shopping while I sleep. What time will we meet with them?" Minah's face creased with worry.

"Well they said around five thirty. But oppa are you sure you don't want to do something... I don't know... together?" His girlfriend looked hopefully towards his leaving figure.

"Okay. Nah I have a headache suddenly and feel slightly odd." Chanyeol disappeared into their room, closing the door quickly, without another word.

I'm so sorry oppa, but if you know I remember, you will suspect the party. Minah sighed as apologies soared around in her head and then were replaced with concern. I hope you can sleep and will feel better soon. She really hoped that he wouldn't feel bad later.

I feel sick to my stomach. I haven't gotten any calls to wish me a happy birthday. Not even my mom, sister, or dad called. I guess nobody can remember. Chanyeol sat on the edge of his bad and allowed a tear to fall into his hands that were supporting his head and covering his eyes.

......

Minah pulled the pan out of the oven. She had baked a lot of cookies out of anxiety. It had been two hours and Chanyeol still hadn't made an appearance. As she waited, she just kept baking.

"Chanyeol?" A crash came from inside their room, causing her to call out to him.

Suddenly their door swung open. "Yeah. Sorry, I um... accidentally knocked over the flower vase." There used to be a vase in their room, on their dresser. It was full of a variety of flowers that Chanyeol had bought for Minah. 

"Oh. Okay then. Do you want me to get a broom and trashcan? You didn't get hurt did you?" The truth was, Chanyeol had gotten frustrated and thrown the vase across the room, causing the flowers to scatter.

"I'm fine. You can forget it." He started to retreat back to his room when Minah stopped him. She grabbed his wrist firmly.

"No, Chanyeol what's bothering you? You haven't eaten once since I've been home and that's not like you. Can I get you something? Anything?" Chanyeol looked into Minah's concerned eyes and pressed out a sigh.

"I'm fine Minah, really." Chanyeol tried to loosen her grip but she only tightened it. "Minah, please let me go. I want to be alone right now." Minah desperately tried to mentally get him to forgive her. But that didn't work so she used real words.

"Chanyeol, I am worried for you. Please come hang out with me, I'm lonely." Chanyeol stared at her for a while before he reluctantly followed her into the kitchen. "Oppa, do you want to watch a movie? I made some cookies!" She put a dozen onto a plate and led her giant into the living room where she proceeded to sit down and turn on the TV. "Here have some oppa, they are your favorite."

Hmm well at least she can remember one thing, my favorite kind of cookies. Chanyeol thought as he plucked one off the plate. Oh no, it's not going to be some cheesy drama, is it? Minah then continued to surprise him when she picked his favorite movie. But the real surprises were yet to come.

The movie played and Chanyeol enjoyed himself and that made Minah enjoy herself too. Towards the end of the movie, Chanyeol slid his arm around Minah's shoulders. The sudden contact made her flinch. She looked up at her handsome boyfriend with admiration. He's perfect, how will I ever impress him...

The movie took up an hour and thirty minutes of their time. It was now four thirty, that meant there was only an hour more until the party. Minah was starting to get really nervous. 

"Oppa do you want to play some video games?" He looked down at her and contemplated her words. 

"Yeah, okay let's play but I'm going to beat you!" Minah giggled at her boyfriend's competitive side.

"Hmm loser has to play servant for the winner tomorrow?" Chanyeol grinned and nodded as he passed his girlfriend her controller.

The two of them played a close game for a whole thirty minutes until Chanyeol ultimately won. "Yush! I get a servant to do everything for me tomorrow! I can just lay around all day and let you clean and shop and cook." He laughed triumphantly and Minah only smiled.

At least I can make my lying up to you then. Minah then spoke to him. "Channie, we should get ready to go. It's already five o'clock so we only have thirty minutes to get there." Her boyfriend stood up and walked into their bedroom as Minah stood and walked the empty cookie plate over to the kitchen sink. Before she could set it down safely, there was a cry of pain from their room that frightened Minah into dropping the plate. Minah subconsciously yelped and ran to their shared bedroom. "Chanyeol?!" 

"Agh, yeah?" She found him inspecting his foot with his planted on the floor. 

"Oh my goodness, oppa what happened?" She crouched down beside him.

"I- uh- uhm I stepped in the broked glass." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly and then looked down at her feet. "Minah! What did you do?!" He pointed at her bleeding foot. 

"Oh!" Minah was genuinely shocked to see her wound. "I-I didn't even notice I did that."

"Idiot, you were too worried about what happened in here that you didn't notice your own injury." Chanyeol pulled her foot out from under her, making her sit as well. "Does it hurt?" He looked her in the eyes.

"No, not really, man that's a relief." Minah caught herself saying she was relieved. She wished she hadn't because Chanyeol could catch on but she really was glad that she wasn't in so much pain that she couldn't dance. "What about you?" She reached out to Chanyeol's foot, only to be pushed away gently.

"It's okay, I can handle it." Minah shook her head and stood up. She walked into their bathroom and got the first aid kit. 

"Let me, it's what the girls are supposed to do, take care of their boyfriend." She seated herself and pulled out the cleaner. She cleaned his wounds and then pulled out the shards that were stuck in his foot. "Does it hurt?" His clenched teeth told it all so she soothingly his back. 

Once she had wrapped his foot up, she cleaned her own wound and fixed it up with a simle band aid. 

"Thanks." Chanyeol shyly thanked his girlfriend, bringing a strong blush to her cheeks.

......

The time had come. Minah drove the two of them to Sistar's Hyorin's family's house. Chanyeol kept asking where it was they were going but Minah told him he would find out later.

They arrived and rang the doorbell. "Chanyeol!" Minseok opened the door with a huge smile. He led Chanyeol into the open living room while Minah slipped past and into the cleared out basement. The basement was where we had set up all of the birthday things.

Minseok greeted him but never said happy birthday and that told her that he knew what was going on.

"Minah! I'm glad you're here!" Minah smiled brightly at Haerim. Her gaze switched directions to see her other friend, Jinhee, rushing up as Haerim went back to her task of blowing up balloons. 

"Ah Minah! Sorry, I had to tell Minseok. I figured it would be better to at least have one inside man. I mean, we can't have all the boys saying happy birthday to him." 

"No don't be sorry! I'm glad you did! It's good, can he stop them though?"

"Yeah he knows what to do. Anyway, Bora unni says we should change now." Minah and Jinhee both slipped out of their casual dresses and got into their colored skirt and black tank top. Jinhee's was rose pink and Minah's was aqua blue. 

"Minah!" Soyu called out.

"Soyu unni!" Minah smiled sweetly in front of her high school friend. 

"I'm so glad this is working out!" Soyu was wearing a hot pink tank top and a black skirt. All the members of Sistar wore colorful tops and black bottoms. "Dasom said her friend who is a DJ is almost here. He volunteered to play the songs for us. Isn't that great?!" Minah's eyes flashed in excitement, her surprise party was already starting out so great! "Also, Hyorin, Dasom, Bora, and I prepared a birthday song for him."

"Really?! That's fantastic! He'll really love it, I'm sure. Thank you!" 

"Minah! The last guest has arrived! Are you ready?" Huan called over to Minah, making the poor girl's hands sweat.

"Y-yeah but let's all gather here first." All of her friends and the DJ, Lim Taekwoo, congregated before her. "Okay hi everyone! I'd like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. Having you all here... you don't know how much it means to me. Even Taekwoo who was able to come last minute, I really appreciate you being here. This is for my boyfriend but it really is for all of us. Huan, I hope thinga get better with Kyungsoo after this. Jinhee, I hope Minseok falls in love with you all over again. Haerim, I hope Baekhyun falls into a deeper trans of love for you and this allows his heart to never waver. I could go on and on but I will stop here. Let's make this a night to remember and have as much fun as our hearts allow!" Minah cheered and everyone joined in as Jinhee ran up stairs to retrieve the guests.

I guess nobody really remembers... Chanyeol started to second guess if he had his birth date right. Jinhee ran up and told him and the boys to follow her downstairs because the snacks were all set up down there. At least I get snacks... Chanyeol felt kind of like crying because nobody, absolutely nobody had wished him a happy birthday. 

The moment he stepped onto the carpeted surface of Hyorin's basement, his heart stopped. A huge banner hung over a slightly raised stage area where the DJ was stationed. The banner was unreadable due to the lighting in the room. The room was dark except for the colored lights up by the DJ. Jinhee led the guests into chairs that had been set up and put Chanyeol in front. Then Jinhee ran into a curtained area.

The unmistakenable rhythm of Sistar's Shake it began playing and the lights came on. 

There were eight figures spread out on the floor. The lights kept coming on stronger until their faces were visible as the began dancing. Sistar was out there, singing and dancing on either side of Jinhee, Huan, Haerim, and Minah. In the first line (the back line) from left to right it went Dasom, Haerim, Bora, Jinhee, Soyu. In the second row, it went Hyorin, Minah, Huan. They each were dressed perfectly. 

Dasom's color was a neon green. Jinhee's color was rose pink. Bora's color was a dark purple. Haerim's color was a bright yellow. Soyu's color was hot pink. Hyorin's color was a light maroon. Minah's color was aqua blue. Huan's color was mint green.

Chanyeol's heart beat picked back up when he set his eyes on Minah's smiling face. What is this?  Chanyeol looked quizzically at her and then scanned the set up. He suddenly realized that Sistar was really there and almost jumped out of his seat. But even when they were there, he couldn't take his eyes off his girlfriend.

"Let's dance, just shake it let's dance~" Minah's moves were so on point that he felt she belonged in Sistar. "Make it louder~" Chanyeol's heart seemed to beat so fast that it would jump out of his chest. 

Minseok was feeling basically the same feelings as Chanyeol. He couldn't imagine Jinhee any more perfect. His loving gaze never left his girlfriend for more than a second. He was glad everything was working out for them.

Baekhyun was so ecstatic that Haerim had chosen him to be her boyfriend. Her smile never left her face as she moved to the music. Baekhyun's heart skipped a beat, being the proud boyfriend he was.

But then there was Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was feeling so many mixed emotions as he watched their performance. Of course he couldn't look away from Huan because she was the only one he was thinking about. Kyungsoo felt so guilty for the way he acted last week. He just wanted to hold his girlfriend in his arms.

The boys were all at different levels of emotion when the lights went out and they heard their song begin. When the lights shined lightly on the girls' tree formation, the boys all felt the same excitement. 

The boyfriends felt proud of their girlfriends and were singing along loudly. The song was really getting amazing when they cut it out and played Hyuna's hit song, Bubble Pop. 

"Bubble bubble bubble pop bubble bubble pop pop~" The boys went wild when the girls appeared before them in a new outfit. They wore the same color scheme but this time they wore sports bras and shorts.

The girls all danced with the same amount of sass and were on the same boat as Hyuna. At the end of the song, the girls approached their boyfriends. The girls held out their hands to allow the boy to do what he wanted and each boy reacted differently. Minseok grabbed Jinhee by the arm and pulled her onto his lap to give her a sweet hug. Baekhyun jumped up and wrapped Haerim's arms around his waist to give her a kiss. Kyungsoo stood up and embraced Huan before pulling back and wiping away her tears. Chanyeol grabbed Minah's hands and looked deep into her eyes. 

"Minah." Minah looked directly at him. "Thank you so much for this. I'm sorry for doubting you." 

"No, I'm sorry for not saying this until now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARK CHANYEOL!" As she screamed it, everyone joined in. Chanyeol sat down and cried. The tears that fell from his eyes were tears of happiness. He had seen the banner that said 'Happy birthday!' on it and everything just tipped over the edge.

"Huan, I'm sorry for not listening to you." Kyungsoo teared up and he spoke with his girlfriend. "Here." Kyungsoo opened a velvety box to reveal a shiny new necklace for Huan. That was what Minah had gotten for their relationship and it helped. Huan had pointed out that she liked it when she and Minah had gone shopping before so Minah helped Kyungsoo by buying it for him.

The night ended with happiness and joy. Chanyeol's mom, dad, and sister made their appearance at the party wishing their son/brother a happy birthday.

Minah hadn't failed and Chanyeol wasn't forgotten by all the people he loved.

 

 

_______________

Sorry~ I know it's a bit passed Chanyeol's birthday but I got an idea so... hehe

Leave comments~!

Please don't plagiarize! ^-^