The Unexpected

Feel Again

He's frozen to the spot. He doesn't know what to do. He didn't expect to see him again. At least not so soon.

         

"Nice to finally meet you, Hanbin has told me so much about you," she says with a smile.

 

Jiwon looks at Hanbin, totally lost. He can see that Hanbin is just as surprised as him. They're so busy staring at each other that Jiwon almost forgets about the hand she's holding out. He pulls himself together and shakes her hand.

 

"Umm... Yeah....It's nice meeting you too." He says, forcing a smile.

 

Even though he feels bitter seeing her with Hanbin, he's thankful he doesn’t have to face him alone. That wouldn't go well.

 

"I'm actually very surprised that we haven't met before, since I always hear Hanbin telling stories about you."

 

Her smile is captivating. She seems really nice, and Jiwon can't help but to smile bacck

 

"Why is that, Hanbin?" She asks, turning to Hanbin.

 

"I don't think we would've met anytime soon if we didn't run into each other here, on the street." She laughs, but still waits for an answer.

 

Hanbin looks like he's been caught off guard. He'd been planning to stay quiet, not saying a word. He didn't expect to see Jiwon again, especially like this. He wouldn't have even noticed him if she didn't recognize him from the pictures she's seen.

 

"Yeah, why is that, Hanbin?" Jiwon repeats after her, the corners of his lips twisting in a smirk, and the tone of his voice catches Hanbin's attention.

 

Jiwon notices how pressured Hanbin looks. He thinks a little more pressure wouldn't hurt in this case.

 

"I- I don't know, just never found the right time I guess." Hanbin doesn't know what to say. He barely managed to say 'hi' to Jiwon earlier.

 

"Well how about tonight? Does tonight seem like the right time?" She seems excited. Jiwon wonders what Hanbin has told her about him to get her so interested.

 

He had been avoiding her requests to meet Jiwon for so long. He can't bring any lame excuses now, not when Jiwon's standing right in front of them.

 

"Tonight sounds good to me. How about you?" He has no choice but to look at Jiwon. This time it lasts a bit longer than the first time, and how he wishes he didn't do it, because looking at those eyes made him remember everything. Everything they had shared, Everything he has been trying to forget.

 

It takes Jiwon a moment to answer. He wants to say no, to say he's busy, because seeing Hanbin again is definitely not good for him. It'll mess him up again. But he can see silent plead in Hanbin's eyes, and he knows Hanbin wants him to refuse, to avoid the awkward situation and the lies they'd have to tell her. But something inside him wants to see him like this, frustrated, with no power, just like how Hanbin made him feel before.

 

"It's fine with me too," he says to her.

 

"Great! Finally the spell's getting broken!" Her smile somehow makes Jiwon smile too.

 

"I think Hanbin has my number, so text me the time and the place and I'll be there."

 

" Of course! Hanbin, you have his number, right?"

 

Hanbin just nods.

 

"See you then, Bobby"

 

"See you."

 

He locks eyes with Hanbin one last time before they walk the opposite directions, Hanbin holding hands with his girlfriend. And seeing that makes him regret saying yes, immediately. He has no idea what he signed up for and his smile fades just as the two fade in the crowd.

 

 

///

 

 

He's in front of Hanbin's apartment's door. He didn't expect to be invited here, he just thought they'd go out somewhere. Appearently, luck's not on his side tonight. He's hesitating, thinking it's not too late to leave since they don't know he's here yet. But he pushes his thoughts away and knocks on the door.

 

There she is, opening the door, looking gorgeous. It breaks his heart a little, but he smiles anyway. She greets him sweetly, taking the wine he brought and walking him through the hallway. He hears people talking, and assumes it's the tv, but when he enters the living room, he is shocked again this day.

 

"I thought you'd get bored if it was just the three of us, so I also invited Junhoe," she says, laughing at his shocked expression.

 

Junhoe just hugs him tightly, also laughing, asking him where he's been all this time.

 

He's happy to see him again. He really is. He had actually missed Junhoe a lot, but didn't contact him since then because Hanbin and Junhoe  are very close and also work at the same place so Jiwon didn’t want to make it hard on Junhoe.

 

Then he sees Hanbin smiling at them. Hanbin always felt guilty that Jiwon never contacted Junhoe again because he knew he was the reason. He somehow feels a bit relieved now.

 

The night goes better than they expected. Junhoe's presence helps a lot and Jiwon's more at ease now. But when he sees Hanbin's hands on her, it feels like he's been burning inside. He can feel his blood pressure rising. When Hanbin sees Jiwon's face, he knows what's going on, so he takes his hands off immediately. Even though Hanbin's touching her just out of habit, but it's too much for Jiwon and he can't take it. He knew it was a bad idea to come here, to this house, where they literally lived together. Seeing Hanbin's hands on her made it worse, the hands that used to only be on him.

 

Then Junhoe tells this funny story about the time when the three of them and Jinhwan went to a road trip together, which grabs Jiwon's attention and makes everyone laugh and it calms him down a bit. But seeing Hanbin laughing like this makes him want to punch him and kiss him at the same time. He hates him, but he also hates hating him. But he tries not to look at him again to avoid the wild rush of thoughts in his mind.

 

When it's time to go, she thanks him for coming, and says that they should stay in touch. He acts like he's interested and tells her he'll call her but everyone in the room knows that it's not going to happen.

 

Junhoe suggests they should go for a walk, and Jiwon agrees. They go out, after saying goodbye to Hanbin, and Jiwon tries not to look into his eyes again.

 

They start talking when they are finally alone, and Jiwon somehow spills out everything about what he's been through after Hanbin. How he got depressed and attemped stupid things that turned his life into a mess.

 

Junhoe is truly shocked, also pissed. Even though he somehow ended up on Hanbin's side, he never really wanted to choose between them. But now he wants to punch Hanbin for doing this to Jiwon.

 

"Why didn't you tell me? Why did you make yourself go through this alone?"

 

"I wasn't alone, I had Jinhwan. He hadn't moved out of town yet back then. He stayed with me all the time. I felt bad for him honestly, to see me in such pathetic state."

 

“It's me who feels bad now. I should’ve been there for you. I shouldn’t have given up on you not answering my calls. I’m a ty friend, aren’t I? I wouldn’t even call myself a friend.” He seems disappointed in himself.

 

“Come on man, what are you tal-“

 

“I never got a chance to tell you this but… You know I didn’t pick any sides right?” He says sounding really cautious.

 

“Of course I do. Dude, it wasn’t like any of us had a choice. He’s your best friend you see him everyday. That’s why I didn’t answer your calls. I didn’t want to make it harder for you. But it just saddens me, you know, because Jinhwan seems to miss you two a lot even though he never says it. You were his friend too. I just feel guilty at times like this.”

 

“Then Kim Hanbin should feel much more guilty, because I miss you guys like crazy..... Wow, I can’t believe I just said that.” A red shade appears on his cheeks.

 

“Oh my God! Goo Junhoe expresses his feelings now! What happened to you man? Is that a blush I see?” Jiwon laughs making fun of him.

 

“Oh you, for once I was trying to be nice! Look how you've ruined it. None of you deserve my kindness,” Junhoe says, rolling his eyes.

 

“I was wrong, you’re the same. Haven’t changed one bit.” Jiwon headlocks him and ruffles his hair.

 

They keep talking and Junhoe makes Jiwon promise to keep contact with him and not to hide again. Jiwon also makes him promise that he wouldn't tell anything to Hanbin.

 

He was happy to talk to his friend like they did back then. At least something good came out of this night.

 

 

///

 

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey, It’s me. I know it’s late, I'm sorry.”

 

“No, it’s fine, I was up anyway. Is everything okay? You’re usually asleep at this hour.”

 

It’s been two days since that evening at Hanbin's, and he hasn’t been able to get any sleep ever since. Something’s obviously bothering him, but he can’t put a finger on it. He didn’t get a chance to tell Jinhwan about what had happened, so he calls to talk to him. He hopes that maybe it would help him to feel better.

 

“I saw him, Hyung. I saw Hanbin,” Jiwon sighs.

 

“Woah, what? How did that happen?”

 

“I ran into him on the street. He was with his girlfriend.”

 

“Girlfriend?  Well, that must have been awkward.”

 

“Yeah. It would have been worse if she knew, but she didn’t seem to. She thought we were just best friends.”

 

“Did you really expect him to tell her that you were together? We’re talking about Hanbin here.”

 

“You’re right.” Jiwon says with a bitter smile. He tells Jinhwan about how she wanted to get to know him more and he was stupid enough to agree.

 

“Being there was just hard, you know. Everything about that place made me remember our life together. And seeing them only made it worse. It’s not that I'm jealous, I just wish my memory of that house would be of me and him only. Not them. I was lucky Junhoe was there to distract me.”

 

“Yeah I don’t think it would have gone well without him there. But I just don’t get something here. Why would she want to invite you there and get to know you? It’s not like you and Hanbin are still best friends, she’s been with him for a while so she must have noticed you’re not in touch anymore.”

 

“That actually crossed my mind too. I have no idea. But it definitely wasn’t Hanbin’s idea because he seemed uncomfortable.”

 

They talk a bit more, and Jinhwan tells him to keep contact with Junhoe this time. He says it's for his own good and that he's worried about him being pretty much alone, also tells him he’ll visit soon. After they hang up, Jiwon feels better. His chest doesn’t feel that heavy anymore, and he finally gets some sleep.

 

 

 

///

 

 

 

“Dude, I’ve been waiting here for ten minutes already!” Hanbin yells.

 

“I’m here now, stop nagging!”

 

Hanbin’s been waiting for Junhoe outside his house. They sometimes go for a jog in the morning, but Hanbin called him in the middle of the night and begged him to go with him now. He said he needed to clear his mind a bit and junhoe thought getting some fresh air isn't a bad idea, plus he somehow couldn't sleep, his mind has been pretty messy since the night he saw jiwon.

 

They do their usual routine and stop and sit on the park’s bench to catch their breath. A relaxing breeze comes to their way, making them close their eyes and enjoy the fresh air.

 

“Okay, spill it. What is it? What’s the reason you dragged me here in the middle of the night?” Junhoe wouldn’t do this in normal circumstances, but Hanbin sounded really desperate over the phone.

 

Nothing makes sense for Hanbin at the moment. Everything is seems messy and vain. He doesn’t know what do, what to think, what to feel. His life changed so much overnight that he doesn’t know anything anymore.

 

“She left,” he says, looking away.

 

“What?!” Junhoe chokes on the water he’s drinking.

 

“She broke up with me.”

 

“Seriously? But everything seemed to be going well with you?” He finds it hard to believe, they looked okay the other night.

 

“Yeah that’s what I thought too.”

 

“So what happened? She just left out of the blue?”

 

“Everything was pretty normal after you guys left that night. She said she was really glad to spend time with my friends. But when I woke up the next morning she had this serious expression. She said she needed to talk to me. Then she told me that she knew about me and Jiwon. At first I thought maybe Jiwon or even you told her, but she said that she always knew it from the way I talked about him and avoided telling her what really happened with our friendship .”

 

Then he turns to Junhoe. “Tell me, have I ever talked about him in some particular way in front of her?”

 

“Don’t drag me into this, I know nothing,” Junhoe says, but gives him a meaningful look. 'your eyes shine in a particular way at the mention of his name' was what he really wanted to tell him.

 

“Anyway, she said she felt something before, but she was sure after that night, from the tension between me and him.”

 

“That’s it? She broke up with you because you were with a guy?” Junhoe doesn’t get the logic.

 

“No.”

 

“What then?”

 

Hanbin sighs and closes his eyes. Saying the words is too hard for him but he has no choice.  ”She said it’s because… Because I’m still in love with him.”

 

Junhoe’s a bit surprised but he waits for Hanbin’s reaction. He’s looking down, with his hands on his knees. He doesn’t move or doesn’t say another word.

 

 “Wait….Are you?”

 

 Still nothing.

 

Hanbin gets up and looks at the sky, locking his fingers together behind his neck.

 

“Hanbin, answer me. Are you in love with him?”

 

“I don’t know, okay? I thought everything was going fine again until he showed up. Why the did she have to recognize him? Even I didn’t notice him. I’ve been thinking for two days, and now I’m feeling things I shouldn’t be feeling. It's driving me crazy, I’m doubting everything now! I’m so ing confused!” He simply explodes.

 

Junhoe just looks at him. He doesn’t know what to say. This is all shocking news to him. Then he remembers what Jiwon’s told him that night. He slowly starts to get angry at Hanbin, thinking how he could be so selfish.

 

“So, what are you saying? You want to be with him again? Weren’t you the one who insisted on not being gay?” Junhoe asks with an irritated tone.

 

Hanbin seems taken aback with it. “I told you, I don’t know.”

 

Junhoe suddenly gets up, and punches him in the face. Hanbin didn’t see that coming, at all.

 

“ you, Hanbin! He’s not a toy you can play with whenever you want! I stood by your side without saying anything, despite knowing that you were just lying to yourself all this time, but he’s my friend too, so don’t you play with him again, he’s been through enough because of you.” He lets all his anger out.

 

 Hanbin’s just dumbfounded. The anger starts to take over.

 “So you actually think I was okay after him?” He starts laughing. “I went through hell! Just because I didn’t show it to you or anybody else, doesn’t mean I haven’t been through ! I know I’m the one who ruined it by running away from my own feelings, but I loved him, and not being with him ed me up!”

 

“Well apparently you weren’t as ed as him because I don’t remember you trying to kill yourself!”

 

Suddenly no voice is coming out of any of them after all the shouting. It takes time for Junhoe to realize what he had just said and for hanbin to digest the words.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Yes, he tried to kill himself. Now tell me who’s been through ”.

 

Hanbin looks awful now, like he’s going to die in any second, and Junhoe starts to feel bad for him. He didn’t mean to say it, but he couldn’t control himself anymore. He approaches Hanbin and tells him he’s sorry, but Hanbin suddenly grabs him by his collar. “How long have you known about this? Why didn’t you tell me?” his expression changes from sad to furious in less than a second.

 

“Calm down, I just found out the other night. I wasn’t even supposed to tell you.”

 

Hanbin lets him go and starts to run towards the sidewalk.

 

“Where are you going?” Junhoe waits for an answer, but the other is out of his sight already.

 

 

 

///

 

 

 

Jiwon looks at the alarm clock. It's about 4 in the morning and all he can hear is someone banging on the door nonstop. He ignores it, hoping it'll stop soon but it doesn't. He eventually gets up, and walks over to the door.

 

When he opens it, he sees the last person he expected.

 

There he is, panting, with a swollen cheek and blood dried up on his lips. He looks kind of angry but Jiwon's too surprised to care. He wonders what he’s doing here, right in front of his eyes.

 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Hanbin says before Jiwon could say anything.

 

"What?" 

 

" I said... Why didn't you tell me?" He seems really furious now.

 

"Tell you what? What are you doing here?" He's half asleep, too slow to process anything.

 

Hanbin pushes him away to get through the door. He goes to the kitchen, and gets a bottle of water out of the fridge. Jiwon just watches him, thinking it's pretty rude how Hanbin behaves in the moment. He takes a look around the apartment.

He really misses this place. Being here brings back so many memories. “This place hasn’t changed one bit,” he says. Then he leans on the counter looking at Jiwon, with his arms crossed. Jiwon knows this face. It's the face Hanbin makes when he tries to calm himself when he's about to explode.

 

"What the are you doing here, Hanbin?" Jiwon's the one who's angry now. He just can’t understand Hanbin's behavior.

 

"I asked a question first. Why didn't you tell me?"

 

"I don't even know what you're talking about!" Jiwon's yelling already.

 

"Stop acting dumb for 's sake! I'm talking about you not telling me what you went through! That you nearly killed yourself!"

 

Jiwon stays quiet for a few seconds, glaring at him. He didn't expect him to find out. Junhoe probably told him.

 

"I'm sorry am I missing something here? Cause the last time I checked, we didn't give a about each other"

 

"Jiwon, listen-"

 

"No, you listen, Don't you think for a second that we're friends now, just because I agreed to have dinner with you and your girlfriend. And why the can't Junhoe just keep his mouth shut for more than 2 days? Is it really that hard?"

 

"First of all, he didn't say it intentionally," Hanbin says. Then he explains to him that they went jogging and they started arguing, which ended up with Junhoe spilling it out  and punching him.

 

"Second of all, that girlfriend you're talking about is gone now," he says with a poker face. He doesn’t even know why he said it. He wasn’t planning on saying anything about it, but it just happened somehow.

 

"Wow that was quick! Let me guess, you broke up with her because you were afraid she was gonna find out about us? Were you afraid I was going to tell her?"

 

Silence.

 

"Grow up Hanbin, I wouldn't do that. I wouldn’t ruin your relationship, no matter how much I despise you. She was an angel, you really ed it up this time."

 

"I didn't do anything, she's the one who left me!" Hanbin can’t believe he’s saying all these things. He just wants to shut up, but he can't.

 

"Oh come on, don't expect me to believe this, she was head over heels for you 3 days ago."

 

"Well, apparently that wasn't the problem. Nevermind."

 

"Then what was?"

 

Hanbin just looks into his eyes. Jiwon tries to read his mind, but he can't. Hanbin's not sure what to do, he wants to tell him but he's afraid of how Jiwon would react, and he also doesn't want to hurt him again. He's really lost, but he just wants him to know.

 

"She said she couldn't be with me when I'm still in love with you."

 

Jiwon just looks at him, waiting for him to laugh it off and say he's just messing with him, but he gets nothing. Hanbin's just looking right back at him.

 

"Jiwon, say something." He's anxious now.

 

"Is this some kind of sick game to you? You come here at 4 in the morning telling me you’re still in love with me? What is this? Do I seem that easy to you? You’re so pathetic Hanbin, I feel sorry for you!" his face is a mixture of shocked and disgusted.

 

"Just hear me ou-”

 

"No! Get the out! Now!"

 

Hanbin moves forward, trying to catch Jiwon's hands, but Jiwon doesn't let him, so he tries to hold him but Jiwon keeps resisting, pushing Hanbin's hands away. But eventually he gets a hold if Jiwon's neck and presses their foreheads together, making Jiwon look at him.

 

"Look into my eyes, just look."

 

And that's when Jiwon sees the tears in his eyes. He doesn’t buy it at first, but the longer he looks at Hanbin's face, the worse it gets. He wishes he could disappear right now. He'd do anything not to be in this situation. He’s afraid of what might happen in the following minutes, and doesn’t even want to think about it. But deep down, he already knows where this is heading.

 

"Do I have to say it or you already know that it's always been you?"

 

“No, shut up! Stop!”

 

Jiwon tries to close his eyes, not wanting to look into Hanbin's eyes anymore, because all he sees is sincerity, and he hates it. He doesn't want to believe him. Not again. He tries to release himself but Hanbin doesn’t let him, and just keeps on talking.

 

"I hate what happened to you, and I'm sorry that I was the reason." His voice is shaking. He doesn’t know what he’s doing or saying, but something tells him it’s the right thing to do. "Believe me, I wasn't much better than you, but I never let anyone see me like that....I'm sorry that I threw you away just because I was too afraid to admit who I really am."

 

Jiwon doesn't know how to feel now, because this is the Hanbin he knows. This is his Hanbin, not the one that destroyed him. But he’s getting more afraid with every passing second, with every word Hanbin says.

 

"I tried to live again but nothing felt right. Nothing feels right without you... I thought you were better off without me... I had no idea about what happened." Tears are rolling down his cheeks now. "All this time I've been trying to make myself believe that I didn’t feel anything for you but it seems like I failed.... I know I'm asking for too much but please....Please, give me another chance!"

He somehow feels relieved. His chest feels lighter now, that he got it all out. It makes it easier for him to breathe.

 

Jiwon finally opens his eyes. He wants to say something but he can't find any words. He's speechless. So without even knowing what he’s doing, he just kisses him. He doesn't realize how much he has missed him until he touches his lips.

 

They need each other, just like before. They want more. Their hands are needy, they’re hungry for each other's touch. They’re both wondering how they survived this whole time without each other. They take every piece of their clothing off on their way to the bedroom, and get on the bed. Jiwon wants to go further, but he can’t get enough of kissing Hanbin.

They finally do it without any rush, appreciating every touch, whispering sweet things into each other’s ears, making promises they didn;t even know about.

 Even though the sun’s already up but they fall asleep with Jiwon burying his face in Hanbin’s nape while Hanbin holds him. It's just like how it used to be.

 

 

///

 

 

 

When Jiwon wakes up Hanbin's not there. For a second he thinks that what happened was just a dream. But he hears some song playing, so he gets up and follows the music which leades to the kitchen. The moment he sees Hanbin's back he feels relieved.

 

The scene of Hanbin miserably trying to make breakfast while humming to the song half , makes Jiwon laugh. They both know cooking was never Hanbin's thing, but Jiwon would eat it anyway.

 

“Good morning,” Hanbin finally notices his presence. “Don’t look at me like that. There’s nothing to eat here so I had no choice but to cook.” Then they both start to giggle and jiwon just stares at him lovingly, humming along to the songs on his playlist. He had almost forgotten how beautiful hanbin's skin was till he sees it shine under the slight light coming throught the window.

 

He only looks at him, nothing more. He couldn't get enough of the sight,

 

When the breakfast’s ready, Hanbin just watches him eat, thinking about how much he missed seeing Jiwon's face. It's like they've switched positions from a few minutes ago.

Even though Jiwon is older, and also has a strong personality, but Hanbin always somehow took care of him. So when he sees him sitting there, eating like a little kid, he can't help but feel the need to protect him. Especially after what Jiwon went through. It breaks him everytime he remembers he was the cause of it all. He doesn’t like imagining Jiwon as a weak person because it doesn’t suit him at all. He is everything but weak.

 

"Are you that hungry?" Hanbin giggles, and runs his hands through Jiwon's soft hair.

 

"You know... This is actually not bad... What happened to your awful cooking?" Jiwon just focuses on eating.

 

"Oh God, you're really hungry, aren't you? Because this is far from delicious," Hanbin keeps laughing.

 

“You know I can feel you staring, right?” Jiwon doesn’t even turn to him. Hanbin gets closer, sneaking his hands under Jiwon's boxers.

 

 ”So?” he asks with an amused tone. Jiwon just giggles, ignoring hanbin's attempts.

 

 “Nevermind. Stare as long as you want.”

 

It's the day Hanbin’s supposed to spend with Hanbyul, so he suggests Jiwon to go with him. Jiwon hesitates at first, knowing he will see Hanbin's parents again, and he doesn't know if it's a good idea. But Hanbin says it's fine, so Jiwon agrees. He missed Hanbyul a lot after all.

 

When Hanbin's mother opens the door, she looks shocked, seeing Jiwon again after nearly a year. She really loved Jiwon like her own son, and had missed him all this time. She hugs him, and tells him how glad she is to see him again. She never got a proper explanation about Jiwon’s absence from Hanbin, but she always kind of knew what was going on and when she sees his son smile like this after so long, she's finally sure.

 

Surprisingly even Hanbyul seems to remember Jiwon well. He was one of the few people she got along with and it luckily hasn't changed. Jiwon cares for Hanbyul as much as Hanbin does, since he’s been there ever since she was born. So seeing how he plays with her and looks at her is one of those things Hanbin wouldn’t want to miss.

 

They spend a lovely Sunday together, and after playing the whole day at the pool, they end up crashing in the living room. Hanbyul's trapped between Jiwon's arms, both sleeping soundly on the couch. Seeing them like this makes Hanbin think about all the plans he had with Jiwon. About all his fantasies of getting a big house together, having their own happy family, and waking up to the sight of their kids in Jiwon's arms. He's happy that with the second chance they got, it all seems possible again. They're not just lost dreams anymore, and he can't help but smile.

 

"I can see everything's fine again."

 

Hanbin was so lost in his thoughts that he forgot he's mother was there with him.

 

"Yeah, it is." His smile gets even wider.

 

"I'm happy for you honey," she says, and gives him a smile while caressing his cheeks before leaving the room.

 

"Yeah. I'm happy too," he whispers to himself.

 

Then he just lies down beside them and wraps his arm around Jiwon’s waist, with Hanbyul being in the middle. He kisses both their temples before falling asleep and he feels at home again. This is his home.

 

 

///

 

 

 

Everything's the same again. They're back to the life they had before. Hanbin knows how much Jiwon loved his job, so he convinces him to get it back. They hire him back immediately, because they know that they won't find anyone as good as him. Seeing how passionate Jiwon gets about it again, Hanbin gets inspired to work even harder so that they'd be in this together. They both are extremely busy but they always find time to either go out or crash at each other's apartments.

 

They often hang out with Junhoe. Jiwon's happy he has his friends back in his life, and even though last time Hanbin saw Junhoe he got a punch from him, but Hanbin knows all Junhoe said and done was for his own good. Junhoe's also happy to see them together again because that's how it should be. Those two are meant to be. He's also very proud of himself, thinking he had a big part in their reconciliation.

 

When Jinhwan tells Jiwon he's coming to town for the weekend, they decide to surprise him. So when he shows up at Jiwon's place, he can't believe his own eyes. The four of them together again, just like the old times. They all can see how happy Jinhwan looks, so they show even more affection to him. He hasn’t felt this happy in a long time. None of them have. When it comes to saying goodbye, they try to make him stay a few days more. He promises he'll move back to town when he gets promoted, and that it's going to happen pretty soon.

 

It doesn't even take a month for the two to get inseparable again, maybe even more than before. But Jiwon still sees his doctor every week. Hanbin isn’t stupid, he knows that Jiwon’s not the same when he notices how his moods change so suddenly, when he stares into thin air blankly or gets cold towards him sometimes but he also knows it is all his fault, that depression isn’t something you get over so easily and sometimes, when things are going too well, when they're too happy, Jiwon gets scared. Scared that something bad is going to happen again. Even though he trusts Hanbin, but he can't help but wonder if he's going to throw him away again. At times like this, Hanbin can see the fear in Jiwon's eyes, so he tries to soothe him and take the fear away with sweet kisses and intimate touches. He kisses the scar on Jiwon's forearm softly, and whispers in his hear ear that he's not going to let him get anywhere near that condition again, that he's going to take care of him no matter what.

 

All he needs is Jiwon to have faith in him.