not a fairy tale

Dream (story idea)

Dream.

I live with my family. Currently I’m to be married to the son of a very successful company which I know nothing about. My father wants me to marry so that our family can move up more in socially.

I met him. He seemed nice, like a prince. I hardly said anything when he asked me questions. I told him that this was only business to me. That it didn't matter to me much who I married. He told me a lot about himself, I wasn't really paying attention. But I do remember something that will always be etched into my memory. He was always smiling, not the fake smile I see most earls give but a genuine smile that could make anyone smile, and before I knew I had smiled back at him before saying our goodbyes.

The carriage came after our meeting to pick me up. He left on his horse. I watched him leave, it was beautiful horse that he rode, it wasn't a white horse but once of soft brown, it's eyes where gold. Beautiful.

When arrive home, a funeral was going on. Some of our family members where in the backyard, far from the house, where the tomb stones where, where yet another member of our family was being buried and joining the rest of our already dead relatives.

I've never like that, why bury our dead here, I feel like their ghost might hunt us. it's scary the idea of having dead corpse at home, but I guess I’ve grown used to it, but I still don't like, I’m happy to be being married off and finally leaving this place.

I saw something as I was entering my home, there's a light in the nearby forest. It’s blue. "Run..."

A voice?  I looked inside and there was someone there. Someone I don’t know. A women... she looked right at me and soon her turn sour, before a huge grin slowly took over her face and suddenly, she was in front of me, one breathy word escaping her lips, "mine." fear took over body and I quickly turned around and made run for it. Outside trying to get away from her. I could feel her behind me as I ran. Towards the forest. There was a hideout there. I always went there when I didn't want to be found by anyone. My dress was getting the way though, I always hated this things they were always so long and useless. However it was black and that was something in my favor. Then I saw it the blue light again. It was far away and I actually ran towards it before it was suddenly too close and there stood another women, this one looked old and out of energy her blue and white dress was torn and old as if she had been wearing it for too long. Her eyes met mine before she spoke. "I'm sorry child. I was supposed to take care of you. I was supposed to grant your wish as your fairy godmother but I fail to become one. I became a dark fairy and the only way to regain my light it to take you with me. They want you. I have to take you."  Then there was a light. And finally darkness. I could see but the darkness seemed to swallow up all the light.

No! I ran. I ran out towards the road and to the street lights. When I reached the sidewalk. I saw him. My future husband. But when he saw me his horse freaked out. Then I saw it in my fiancé’s eyes, he was scare. Looking down at myself I saw it. My body seem to be disappearing, my dress was black and I might look like a ghost or phantom. But I walked to him trying to tell him it was me. "Help me!" he rode away and I run after him. He turned to the right and I chased after him. Something told me he could help me. When I turned the corner to him and was surprise to see him sitting on the wooden rail of the side walk looking at me, his horse was tide and as soon as he saw me he ran to me. "Sorry I didn't recognize you. What happened to you." his hand then touched mine and light seem to surround us. My body was back and he hugged me. I told him what happened and he kept me close trying to protect me before he let go and said he would take me with him to his home. He said he would protect me, and we would sooner marry and like his father and mother, sleep in the same room. It surprise me to hear this but then he said he actually fell in love with me, somehow I was perfect to him. But the moment he turned around to untie his horse so we could leave, his touch leaving me, and the darkness came back. When he turned to look back at me. He started looking around as if I wasn't there.

 Then suddenly he seemed to fade out and I was now somewhere different. In front of me was a huge tree. Looking around I saw a huge cabin. But it looked scary. Then women came out of the cabin. It was here the one I saw in my house she smiled at me and walked towards me. I froze. How? How was she here? "You're finally here. We’ve been waiting for you, dear." she was wearing a dark purple dress with black. She took my arm and dragged me into the cabin. Directing me to a room. There were many beds in it and in the bed layer other girls about my age, peacefully asleep. The woman led me to a bed and told me to lay down. She tucked me in and then walked out. I heard the door lock. I was trapped. I hardly slept but I guess I must have fallen asleep at some point because another women was waking me and a dim sunlight was going through the window. She was wearing a yellow dull dress. All the other girls where already up, yet none really paid attention to me and lined up in three lines I lined up last. I had to get out of here somehow, but how?! When I saw no one was looking at me, I made a run for it. To the tree and then turned towards the right of it. To hide somewhere in the possible forest behind it, but when I turned behind it. All I saw was one tree. And the rest where dried up, lifeless leaves decorated the ground. While that one tree had green leaves as if it was recovering. Stuck on the tree's branches was a lance. It had a golden rim where the blade met the blade. And at the end of the handle. It had a beautiful decoration on its long red handle. It looked so colorful in the otherwise dull dried forest. A thought sudden came to me and somehow my mind and heart recognized the lance. One thought alone in my mine, 'it's mine, if I have it I can escape. I have to get it' I started to climb the tree but then she was there again. The dark fairy. She looked at me. "You shouldn't be here. I’m sorry I brought you here." then before she could say anything more the woman in yellow came and smiled at me "there you are, don't think you can just run off. You’ll like it here. Just obey like the others." she tooled me back to the other girls and into another part of the cabin. Then I saw it.  The girls' eyes, they were lifeless. I looked around and took in the rest of the place. The floor everywhere was decorated with dried dead leaves. I have to get out of here! I pushed the women away and ran back to the green tree and climbed it as fast as I could. When I reached the top. The women in yellow arrived along with the women in purple. "Get down here!!! They both yelled at me. She showed up again, the dark fairy and looked at me. "GRAB IT NOW!!" she yelled before flying to the two women and distracting them enough so I can touch the lance. The woman in purple looked at me as the yellow one killed the dark fairy. Then they came at me, flying. They were fairies too! They yelled, "NOOO!!!!!"

Then there was a light as I was grabbed the lance in both hand, the blade grew and seemed to become sharper. My body started to move on its own and then the fairs stopped moving, my blade having sliced right through them. Their faces showed nothing but shock as the fell down to the ground. I jumped down and stood there. The dull and colorless place seemed to start being light up. Color taking over as the forest started to gain its life back. The fairies' bodies slowly started to disappear with the wind, light dried leaves being blown away.

Looking around, I was still here, in the forest. A forest I didn't know. I don’t know how to get home. I'm stuck here....

As I take in the forest. I realize, I'm free. But I have nowhere to return to. His face pops up and I suddenly feel empty. I want to return to him, but I don't know how I feel about him. Thinking about him makes me belief that I can return. I know I will return because I'm free.