Final

At the End of the Day

He cracks a joke, and they all laugh. They all laugh, but Youngbae laughs the most. It might not be apparent but he does. He does laugh at even the most stale jokes. He doesn't show it at times but he does. He feels gauzy whenever he's around---blithe and comfortable and easy. He doesn't know why, but he just does. He says the boy resembles the sun; bright and buoyant. Of course he would never say it in front of him, but he is so nonetheless.

 

What's up, he says. His usual chic greeting. It makes him seem easy-going and uncaring but he's not.

 

"Hyung!" the boy says happily, the smile on his face formed oh so sweetly, and his heart melts once again. Like always.

 

He pats him on the head casually as if it's normal, as if he isn't really a big deal, as if he doesn't care that much, as if he's just like any other person, as if he didn't want to squeeze him until he's in his arms forever.

 

"What're you up to?" Seungri asks. "I missed you so much!"

 

Youngbae tries not to be too happy, but he almost chokes from trying too hard.

 

"Want to come?" he asks with the widest grin, and Youngbae wonders why.

 

"Where?" he utters with a frown. Does he look uninterested now?

 

"Let's have a drink!" He makes it seem like he doesn't want to, but even if Seungri's mouth hasn't even opened yet, he would say yes to it nonetheless.

 

"Awesome!" the boy exclaims from the dull nod Youngbae gave. Even if Seungri drags him to depths of hell, Youngbae would gladly come.

 

"Oh," the boy adds. "I just remember. I couldn't stay that late. I'm gonna meet my girlfriend after this."

 

Doesn't matter. His heart plummets, but it doesn't matter. His heart plummets, but it always happens. He couldn't do anything about it, so it doesn't matter.

 

He tries to enjoy every moments with him, because at the end of the day, Seungri's not his, and Youngbae goes back to his reality. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts.