SSM 1

She's Still Mine

"Momo-yah, we're going now." a 40 year-old lady said as she taps the blonde woman's shoulder before smiling.

 

Momo nods and smiled back, "Take care."

 

"Momo, thank you for taking care of our daughter." the lady's husband said with a sincere tone.

 

"No, uncle. I'm the one who should say thank you for taking care of me for 5 years." Momo replied.

 

"you're always welcome, Momo. You haven't been a burden to us, you actually bring happiness and give color to this family."

 

"I'm glad to know that. Take care on your way to work."

 

The couple just gave Momo a smile before walking towards the door. It didn't take them too much time to get outside that big house. The blonde girl went in the kitchen to prepare her own-made breakfast soup for the couple's daughter, Myoui Mina.

 

Momo was an orphan back then, she's 8 years old when she got in an orphanage. Her parents were killed because of business matters. When she reached 13, she decided to escape from the orphanage and explore the outside world. She's 13 when she met Mina at the park. Mina's parents really want to have another daughter that time so they decided to keep Momo. But they didn't adopt Momo and just keep her instead. So Momo isn't Mina's sister but they're close like one. They've been together since Mina was 12 and Momo was 13. Now, Mina is already 17 and Momo's 18 and their closeness still doesn't fade. Momo is thankful because of that, because she got Mina in her life. Mina brings joy and happiness to her and she knows herself that she sees Mina not only as a sister but something more than that.

 

When Momo got outside Mina's room, she knocked on the door and opened it immediately only to see Mina who's still in a peaceful sleep. She smiled on the view, 'what a princess' she thought. The blonde girl walks towards the sleeping beauty and puts the soup on the side table before shaking the younger girl gently.

 

"Hey, sleepyhead. Time for breakfast." said Momo who's still smiling like a fool.

 

"Hmn.." Mina moans cutely that made Momo smile more.

 

"Come on, get up and eat the soup I've prepared for you."

 

Mina slowly opens her eyes and rubs it in a cute manner. Momo felt like dying because of that. The younger girl leaned on the headboard of her bed then smiled at Momo.

 

"Goodmorning." said Mina.

 

Hearing that greeting from Mina, Momo's heart jumped, "good morning too." she said and smiled back. She gets the soup on the side-table and sat beside Mina.

 

"you're feeding me again?" Mina asked.

 

"Mm.." Momo hummed as she nods. She took a spoon of soup and went 'ahh' like she's ordering Mina to open but Mina moved a little instead. "Why?" Momo asked.

 

"You don't have to feed me, Momo. My arm isn't injured anymore so I can feed myself now."

 

Momo sighed and shook her head, "No. I still have to feed you. Don't get you arm tired, okay?"

 

Mina closes her eyes. She has no choice but to nod. Momo smiled, she won. She started to feed Mina and stare at the girl's beauty. It's really stunning especially for Momo who has a crush on her.

 

"Get yourself ready after this." Momo ordered, AGAIN.

 

This time, Mina was the one who asked "why?"

 

"Enrollment day." Momo simply answered which received a nod from the younger one.

 

She smiled. Mina's really recovering from what happened. She gets better each day and Momo is so happy because of it. Seeing Mina getting back to her old self is one of the greatest things for Momo.

 

"Mina-yah," called Momo. Mina immediately looked at her and mouthed the word 'why?', "How old are you again?" Momo asked. Mina knew that Momo wants to know if she still remembers all of what Momo had told her.

 

"I'm 17." Mina answered without hesitations.

 

"Where are you studying?"

 

"At Southeast University."

 

"What's your favorite?"

 

"Ketchup."

 

"Your style?"

 

"Dark and y."

 

"Who am I again?"

 

"My best best bestfriend, Hirai Momo."

 

The older of the two giggled as she pinches Mina's cheeks. "great. Now get ready. I'm gonna get myself ready, too. See you downstairs."

 

Momo stands, holding the bowl she used for the soup. She waved at Mina before getting out the room. She stayed there for a minute.

 

"My best best bestfriend, Hirai Momo."

 

Mina's words keep on coming back in her mind.

 

"Okay! Okay! I accept it! I'm just her best best bestfriend! Nothing more, nothing less! Argh!" she murmured like a child who lost her lollipop.

 

After washing the dishes, Momo started to get herself ready just like what she've said earlier.

 

She's in the bathroom (of her room). She closes her eyes as she opens the shower. She can see Mina in the dark slowly reaching her with a y expression. Just when Mina was about to kiss her, she immediately opened her eyes before anything happens in her mind.

 

"Aish! What's this? This isn't happening, seriously!" she told herself.

 

On the other side, Mina was already done putting light make-up on her face. She stared at her reflection in the mirror, then she noticed the necklace she haven't seen back then. How come she didn't notice it? She's wearing the letter 'N' necklace and she doesn't even know where did it come from.

 

Mina touches the pendant, "N?" she whispered, wondering what's the meaning of the letter and of the necklace itself.

 

Then her head started to ache. It's so painful that she holds her head like a crazy woman.

 

"Aaaaaaaah!" she screams with her eyes closed. A picture of two girls hugging each other came into her mind, then two girls crying and the girls gave each other a couple necklace. After that, she felt better and got back into reality.

 

It was the first time that it happened and it was like a flashback. Like it has something that Mina has to remember.

 

Silence surrounded Mina's room cos usually, she's humming or singing when she has nothing to do. But now, her deep breath is the only sound you can hear there. Not until Momo opened the door harshly and shouted,

 

"What happened?!" Momo asked worriedly.

 

Mina just looked up at Momo and showed the necklace by brushing her hair away from her chest. "Momo-yah.. d-do you know who gave this t-to me?" the younger one asked, still running out of breath.

 

Momo's heart began to beat quickly. She almost forgot about it too. She checked the calendar on Mina's side table, 'it's too late.' she thought. How was she supposed to explain everything when it's too late already?

 

The heavy atmosphere faded (a little) when Momo's phone vibrates continously. When she checked her phone, her heart literally began to beat abnormally and faster than earlier.

 

Because..

 

Im Nayeon calling..

 

 

 

 

 

 

----

[A/n: hi! lmao sorry if it's still not that clear to all of you. i just really have to put some exciting part and parts where you would wonder like 'what happened in the past?', 'who's Nayeon in Momo and Mina's life?' 'Where's Nayeon?' 'What happened to Mina?' 'What's the necklace about?' and some things like that. and sorry because of wrong grammars and poor vocabulary. i'm not an american tho T__T so yeah, hope you'd like this story! :)]