Chapter 2

Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I took a look around the café, making sure my eyes were not playing tricks on me. But it was true; there was not a single glimpse of the blonde in sight. The only thing I saw was raven-hair alone at the counter and giving the widest smile he could muster when I approached. Unfortunately for him, I saw through his façade.

His smile was absolutely fake and awkward, his eyes were drooping, he did not even try to hide his eye bags and he looked so... dejected.

“Oh hello Yoongi, how may I help you?”

Thanks to my frequent visits here, almost all the employees here knew my name. They also knew what I usually ordered so once they see me; they would immediately whip up a cup of Americano with no syrup of course. Seeing how raven-hair was not moving at all and the fact that she was not here, something was definitely up. And since he was still scrunching his facial muscles to force himself to smile, I sighed and got straight to the point.

“Where’s she?”

“Where is who, Yoongi?”

“Come on don’t play dumb, where’s Ji Eun?”

At that he froze and stood rigid without saying another word. After seeing me glare at him and I have to say I can look terrifying when I wanted to, he conceded.

“She quitted yesterday.”

Saying that, he turned around, back facing me and started making my coffee. There was no further exchange of words between us and I silently took the steaming hot coffee when it was done and went back to my usual seat by the window.

Why did she quit? Maybe she had an argument with raven-hair.

But a small part of my head started nagging at me to snap out of it as she would never quit just because she had a small quarrel.

Sooner or later, my hands feel clammy and I started to fidget while my weird habit of shaking my legs when I get worried comes out. It’s not that I was worried about her or anything. I was just worried that without my muse, I won’t be able to make good music anymore. Besides, with her, my boss finally praised me for the work I’ve been painstakingly doing. Yes, I was only worried about her because of my job, yeah that’s it.

Finally finding a resolve, I gulped down my extremely hot coffee, dumped the empty paper cup into the bin with more force than intended and dashed out of the café. My legs dragged me along the familiar twists and turns, streets and even some people I got to know because of my usual walks. Without five minutes even passing, I reached the alley I so frequent now. I scanned the alley crowd, hoping to catch a glimpse of a blonde but to no avail. As I was just about to leave, I saw her.

No wonder I couldn’t see her, she dyed her hair back to black. Although that wasn’t the most shocking. Seeing how she was just staring into space, slumped against the wall made her look so vulnerable. And…. Was she smoking? I mean I was a smoker as well but she never came across to me as a smoker type. All of a sudden, the ache from all the running from before came rushing back into my legs as I half shuffled and half limped towards her. My breaths came out as heavy pants and she motioned for me to sit besid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter