Chapter 1

Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dring

I entered the café. After a long day of recording and screaming at people to do it right, I figured some coffee would be nice. Upon my entrance, a bickering couple came into view --- a blonde female and a raven-black haired male who both looked about the same age as me fighting over who would take over the counter.

Their bickering however, though as amusing as it was, ceased when I approached the counter. The female went back to her stone faced expression while the male awkwardly coughed and left, making it obvious who won the argument from before.

“Hello sir how may I help you?”

She asked with not a shred of emotion and not a tinge of smile. This was a complete 180 degree change in treatment to me from what I saw just now. Trying to control my facial expression and not to look pissed off; I held it in and just ordered my drink.

“Just a plain Americano would do, no syrup please,”

She gave a slight nod and continued to be as anti-social to me as possible. She gestured at the raven-black hair to make my drink with a smile and returned to blankly staring at the screen and beeping away at the counter. Was I jealous? No of course not, I was just teeny tiny bit mad at the difference in attitude.

“$2.60 please”

I nonchalantly gave her the exact amount and tried to figure out what was up with that bi-polar personality of hers. But all those thoughts were tossed aside when I got my drink. No need to bother with a stranger you won’t meet again.

I quickly took the window seat and stared at the passing people while sipping my bitter drink. Nothing could be more relaxing than this. My mind was constantly drifting until pulled back to reality by an interesting conversation from the table opposite mine.

“Hey look at that chick over there *whistles* ain’t she a babe”

“No she’s off limits”

“Why?”

“Ever since she was born she seemed to hate guys for some reason, the only guy she would ever open up to was,” he pointed at the raven-black hair,” that guy, to us other males, we are invisible to her”

Well, that certainly piqued my interest. And just in time her shift was over. I glanced at the clock. 5pm. I guess my boss won’t mind me leaving early, I finished everything already. I stood up with a start, dumped the empty paper cup into the bin and followed the blonde female out.

No, I was not stalking her, I prefer the term “follow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter