End

Change of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“It wasn’t as if anyone got hurt.”

She said that to me as if she had done nothing wrong.

How could she act like this?

I was hurt.

Somebody was hurt. I’m that somebody.

I did my best being a good wife to her and all I got in return was just that one hurtful sentence that made my heart felt like it was being stabbed a million times.

That her is my wife, Kim Hyoyeon.

Kim Hyoyeon — The name I loved ever since we knew each other. In my 27 years of living in this world, I only loved her. I’ve never loved anyone else. One day I found out Hyoyeon cheated on me with the assistant in her clinic. 

That’s right. 

Hyoyeon’s a plastic surgeon.

Whatever others can’t see, Hyoyeon could see it openly.

I kept that affair of Hyoyeon deep inside my heart in hope that she would realise her mistake and come back to me.

She did. She did for a week. And she was out for other girls again, even though she’s married.

My bff Tiffany warned me about Hyoyeon before but I didn’t heed her advice and went ahead to get married with her.

Tiffany was utterly right about how Hyoyeon was gonna get bored of me and cheat on me.

I knew Hyoyeon was a player but I still can’t help but fall head over heels for her.

She has that charm that attracts me somehow.

Everyone sees me as the weakling who has no total control over my life. 

All these years I’ve been living for Hyoyeon. I stayed home every day to do house chores, cook for her, does the laundry for her, keeps the house clean just so when Hyoyeon comes home, she could throw all the bad things she met at work to the back of her mind and completely relax herself.

Strange enough, I don’t blame Hyoyeon for cheating on me, I’m a boring person so all I do at home was to do colorings, clean the house, or talk to my fishes. 

Hyoyeon suggested a divorce for us three days ago and I objected to it. 

Call me selfish, but I really just want to keep Hyoyeon by my side albeit she doesn’t love me anymore.

 

 

xx

 

 

While I was cooking dinner, I hear the door clicked and I ran out immediately with my apron still on my body.

Hyoyeon hasn’t talked to me for days and I was honestly feeling very uncomfortable.

“Hyo, let me help you.” I offered to take her blazer for her but she pushed my hand away.

“No it’s ok. I can do it myself.”

Now she doesn’t even look at me anymore.

“Ah, about the divorce, sign it as soon as possible. I’ll leave this house for you. I bought an apartment outside anyway.” Hyoyeon said it in a poker face. How could she? Honestly, how could she say it like this without any emotions?

“Hyoyeon, I won’t sign the papers. I really don’t want you to leave me.” I gave Hyoyeon a back hug and she stayed in the position, I was foolish enough to think that her heart was soften by what I said.

“Why? Taeng, let go of this and you can find better girls outside. Are you really ok with living your life like this? Don’t be pathetic, ok.”

And thats it. The volcano in me has erupted.

“Pathetic? You called me pathetic? Are you really that shameless? Hyoyeon? You have a wife right here! And you’re cheating openly?!” 

“That’s why I said, let’s get a divorce because I don’t love you anymore.” 

“Do you know how hurt I am by your words? It’s like your words contain thorns! Those thorns go right through my heart. I couldn’t even breathe when I saw you being intimate with another girl!”

It’s true. I have asthma and everytime I think of what Hyoyeon did to me, I get an asthma attack. A pretty bad one.

Hyoyeon only smirked and went into the study room. We were even sleeping in separate rooms. 

That’s how much Hyoyeon wanted to have nothing to do with me.

I always wonder, what have I done wrong? 

I did nothing wrong yet I was being treated like a dirt by my wife who promised she’ll love me forever.

I sat in front of the dining table looking at all the dishes I cooked.

It was all Hyoyeon’s favorites.

I was thinking if I should ask if she wanna eat all these. Maybe she had a bad day at work, maybe she’s looking forward to coming back home and have some peace but there I was making a fuss.

As I was about to stand up and walk to the study room, Hyoyeon came out nicely dressed and her makeup was changed to a smoky one.

“You’re going somewhere?” I asked the obvious. I actually just want to talk to her.

“Yea.. I’ll be back late so have an early night.”

“But I… I cooked dinner…” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter