Hit the Lotto

Endless Love (Chendy Oneshot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

image cr: me

 

Hit the Lotto

(unedited)

 

Champagne bottles popped one after the other, sending corks flying in different directions about the main room of EXO’s dorm in Seoul.  The group was celebrating their first week of promotions for ‘Lotto,’ and there were plenty of reasons to celebrate.

            The promotional track was on repeat for the time being; despite the members having heard it more than enough times to be satisfied for the rest of their lives.

            Baekhyun, Chen, and D.O. sang along (rather obnoxiously) to the pre-chorus as Chanyeol went around and filled everyone’s glasses to the brim.

            Lipstick, Chateau
            Wine color (La, la, la, la)
            White Champagne
            Shower with bubbles (La, la, la, la)
            It might only be once in my life
            My pressed down instincts are popping up
            What to do, I just hit the lotto

            Suho raised his glass for a toast.  There were many things that he wanted to say, as the leader of the group; things that he could say, but instead, he just smiled and cried out, “We are one!”  His fellow members echoed the phrase and clinked their glasses.  After taking a long sip, Suho swallowed the sweet, bubbly liquid and smiled, blinking away tears that for whatever reasons had risen in his eyes.

            Oh-oh-oh (Lotto) Oh-oh-oh (Lotto)
            Oh-oh-oh (Lotto) Oh-oh-oh (Lotto)

            “I’ve invited a few people to our little party tonight.” announced Chanyeol, his loud voice booming over the music. “Jongwoon-hyung, f(x)--minus Victoria because she’s abroad at the moment--“  He paused.  “and Red Velvet.”

            You’re my luck, you make me
            throw my heart into a thread-like chance
            Now the others have their popcorn
            Waiting to see what happens to us

            Chen nearly choked on his drink, which made Chanyeol erupt into uncontrollable laughter.  Baekhyun and Xiumin laughed with him.  The reaction was exactly what he had been hoping for.

            “That’s all fine, but behave yourselves, jebal.”  said Suho, wearily.  Chanyeol came up beside him and hugged him from the side.

            “No worries, hyung.  You know that we’re good boys.” he said, grinning ear-to-ear.  Suho rolled his eyes, but it was clear that he was fighting a smile.

 

 

Wendy had her hair done up and was dressed in a loose white blouse tucked into a black leatherette miniskirt, which she accented with dangling gold earrings and knee-high boots.  Her lips were a deep red.

            Chen downed his glass in one go and demanded more from the bottle Xiumin had in his hand.  The latter happily obliged, smirking at his best friend’s mesmerized expression.

            (Ah baby) I hear a sound from far away
            “No way!” (No way, no way, no)
            Just have fun, oh yeah

            After he had been staring at her surreptitiously for over five minutes, Chen was finally noticed by Wendy and she shot him a dazzling smile before making her way through the crowd to him.  She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.  He held out his glass, keeping it steady so as not to spill.

            “Congratulations, oppa.”  she said.  “...Again.”  She laughed a little.

            “Thanks, baby.” he said, her side with his free hand.  She stepped back so she could see him properly.  Her expression was neutral; slightly amused.  It was as if she was thinking about what to do or say next.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter