Part 14✦

You Can Change

Jimin and Namjoon soon realised something was up when within a week they were the only ones left. Jin had gone first without a word, soon followed by Yoongi a few days later. “I’m going to speak to her,” Jimin stated, storming over to the table.

 

“You.” He pointed at Youngmi. “We need to talk.”

 

Jungkook was about to protest as Youngmi stood up, but she quickly stopped him and followed Jimin out of the cafeteria calmly, and alone.

 

“What’s happening? What’s going on?”

 

“Nothing’s happening.”

 

“But-But- why are all my friends changing? Why-Why?” He couldn’t finish his sentence, he was too awestruck.  

 

Youngmi just stared as he broke down in front of her. This was the real Park Jimin that no one saw. Everyone had a mask, and this was his, melting away.

 

He was on the floor now, on his knees, his head in his hands. Youngmi made sure no one would come around the corner before led him away to a safer place. She knelt down in front of him, and pried his hands away from his face.

 

“Jimin,” she said softly.

 

He sniffed, and tried to cover his tears. “What?”

 

“You don’t have to hide.”

 

And he didn’t.

 

The boy and girl stayed together for the longest time in silence, not a word being spoken between them. Youngmi didn’t let go of him, and Jimin didn’t pull away from her. “I’m sorry, Youngmi. For what I did to you. What I made the others do to you, I-I- I can’t live with myself-”

 

“No, no, please don’t say that. It’s okay, Jimin. I-I forgive you.”

 

He looked at her, his eyes were sparkling with tears. He’d finally learnt. He’d realised. “You do?”


“Of course I do.” Then in a quieter voice, she whispered. “I have to forgive those I’ll never see again.”