Love grows

Love grows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were forced into this marriage, with both of them thinking: We are not meant to be.
What makes them think that way?
They were already married for 6 months, but nothing sparked between them. Despite staying under the same roof, sleeping on the same bed (but always with their backs facing each other) and dining together (but always in silence), they never found themselves to be attracted to each other. At least that's what they thought.

 

So, he's not coming back home tonight? Ji hyo was alone at home, sitting at the dining table waiting for her husband to come home from work. She cooked dishes just enough for two. However, her husband never showed up, even after an hour of waiting. Why am i caring so much? She couldn't understand. This was not the first time that her husband was late for dinner, but it was the first time that he actually made her wait for one whole hour. She gave up after another 30 minutes of waiting and eventually ate her dinner alone, after her stomach growled in protest numerous times.

She decided to leave the dishes in the refrigerator, and place a post-it note outside the refrigerator, telling her husband to heat up the food if he feels hungry. 
Why am I even doing this? It feels weird as she has never done such a thing before. I just want to make sure he had his dinner. I don't want to starve my own husband to death! Feeling down (she doesnt even know why she is) , she went to take a bath and rest for the day.
As the clock strikes 12, Jong kook finally stepped into the quiet house. He was dead tired and immediately went to shower. As he the lights in the kitchen, he was stunned to see a post-it note written on the fridge.

The dinner i cooked is in the fridge. Heat them up and fill your stomach, you must be feeling hungry after all the work. Do not starve yourself!

Did she really write this? He did not expect his wife to actually tell him things like this. They never really communicated with each other as they rarely talked, let alone putting thoughtful notes like this. Now, he feels guilty for not choosing to inform her that he won't be coming home for dinner due to his heavy workload.  He did not see the need to give her a call or send a text message as he thought she wouldn't care. 

Ah... she must have waited for me...

Jong kook thought that way as he knew ji hyo will always wait for him to get home before eating dinner together, although none of them spoke a word during dinner. He just thought that she did that out of convenience. But now, he feels bad that he made her wait for him. Why am i worried about her waiting for me?? She didn't wait that long, did she?
Jong kook shakes his head as he walked towards the bathroom, trying hard to get this new feeling off his mind. 
He opened the bedroom door quietly, and he could see a familiar figure lying on their bed. As usual, she's sleeping on her side of the bed, with her back facing his side of the bed. He sighed. But gasped right after. Why am i sighing?! Why am i disappointed that she slept only on her side of the bed? It has always been like this the past 6 months. I must be too tired.... 

Jong kook was about to lie down on his side of the bed, when he realised ji hyo was not using her blanket (yes, they have separate blankets). With the cold temperature of the room, he was worried that she will feel cold. He pulled the fabric up all the way to her neck. Then, something catches his attention. Her side profile looks mesmerising. With her fair skin illuminated by the moon light streaming into the room from the window, she had the face of an angel. /dugeundugeun/

Jong kook never saw this peaceful looking face of ji hyo, as they never slept facing each other. Why didn't i notice... she's beautiful......
Jong kook did not know anymore. The wife who he lived with, the wife who he sees everyday, now lies a special place in his heart. And it all started with a post-it note on the fridge.


Ji hyo woke up in the morning, and was surprised to see jong kook sleeping facing her. She held her breath and felt nervous. Why is he facing me? We never slept facing each other! He always turns away from me. Just by the thought of it makes ji hyo really sad. She slowly stood up from the bed, not wanting to wake jong kook up, to avoid any awkward moments. To her horror, she felt the familiar warm feeling in her lower abdomen. She almost screamed. Oh my god. Why am i so careless?! Please tell me i didnt stain it god please please please.

She lifted her blanket and what she saw next makes her want to slap herself in the face at least a hundred times. WAEEEEEEE she shouted in her mind.

With a pail filled with water in her left hand, and a cloth soaked in soap on the other, ji hyo tip toed to their bed, trying to be as quiet as possible. I am so dead if he wakes up. She started scrubbing her side of the bed, trying really hard not to make any sound. Everyone knows that's impossible. 
Hearing the constrained sound of fabric brushing against fabric, Jong kook was confused. He opened his eyes.
Ji hyo's heart almost leapt out of seeing her husband waking up. Her immediate instinct was to lie completely on the wet spot(where she has been cleaning up the red spot) 
'J..ji hyo-ssi? What are you doing?' Jong kook scratched his head, puzzled by ji hyo's weird actions.
'N..nothing..hehe..' Ji hyo gave jong kook an extremely forced smile. 
'Erm what are u scrubbing? there's some dirt on the bed?' 
'Y..yeah! There's a dead insect! Haha..'
Out of nervousness, ji hyo's mouth seemed to have a brain on its own and spoke ridiculous words. Why would someone use a whole pail of water and a piece of cloth just to 'clean up' a dead insect? 
'Ji hyo-ssi stop lying to me what's happening?' As jong kook is kind of impatient when it comes to things like this, he pushed ji hyo a little just to see what she was actually cleaning up.
Ji hyo's face instantly turned red when the stain that was not completely scrubbed off showed. 
Jong kook, knowing that he made the atmosphere between go from awkward to intensely awkward, coughed and opened his mouth to say something but no words came out. Ji hyo rushed out of the room the next second.
 

'Ahhh eotteoke... thats the most awkward moment of my life! God, kill me now!!' Ji hyo was hiding in the bathroom, pacing back and forth and thinking of a way to dig a hole to hide in there forever. When it comes to embarrassing moments like this, ji hyo is one that will be hiding away for a decade. She hates getting embarrassed like that.
After almost half an hour, ji hyo was surprised to hear her husband calling out for her from outside the bathroom, 'ji hyo, i made breakfast.'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter