2/2

Draw The Line

 

a/n: this was not edited whatsoever, sorry! Also, rated M towards the end


These days, it feels like you’re mine, it seems like you’re mine but not
It feels like I’m yours, it seems like I’m yours but not
What are we? I’m confused, don’t be aloof
It feels like we’re lovers, it seems like we’re lovers but not
Whenever you see me, you act so vague to me
These days, I hate hearing that I’m just like a friend

 

Kai woke up the next morning feeling cold and body aching from sleeping on the couch. As he looks around his apartment, he concludes Sehun didn’t come home last night or else his roommate would have told him to move to his room.

It was Saturday, therefore, Kai didn’t have a class so he takes his time sitting up and stretching out his body, getting rid of the knots on his shoulder. Grabbing his phone from the table, Kai smiles a little when he sees a message from Kyungsoo but the smile slowly fades when he reads the content of the text.

Jealousy is not really his thing but he can’t help but feel slightly jealous that Kyungsoo forgot to text him when she got off from work but the worst part is that she was hanging out with Chanyeol again.

Chanyeol is a Junior just like Kyungsoo. He’s majoring in Kinesiology, a member of the University’s basketball team, and a part timer at the café and that’s how Kyungsoo met him. She has told him about Chanyeol when he first started working at the café and Kai didn’t pay no mind about it because it didn’t really affect him. He was just glad that Chanyeol was nice to Kyungsoo.

Kai doesn’t care if Kyungsoo hangs out with her friends, in fact, he doesn’t have a say on what she should do on her spare time but he has notice that she’s been spending quite a lot of time with Chanyeol lately.

Usually, Kai is not the type of person that would judge somebody he hasn’t met but in Chanyeol’s case, he can’t help but feel irritated when Kyungsoo talks about him or knowing Kyungsoo is hanging out with the guy.

---

With the determination of having a day with Kyungsoo, Kai washes up and puts on his nice clothes then makes his way to the University’s Café. He knows Kyungsoo has morning shifts on Saturday and she gets out around noon so by the time he gets there, she will be out and Kai will just wait for her shift to end and they can spend the rest of the day together. They’re used to surprising each other with random visits so Kai feels giddy knowing Kyungsoo will be happy when she sees him.

When Kai arrives at the café, he was first greeted with the aroma of coffee and a sight of Kyungsoo’s eye forming into a half moon shape as she laughs at something. Kai can’t help but laugh as well just by looking at her. Even though she’s wearing a uniform, she still looks pretty with her hair in a sleek ponytail and a simple make up. He was about to greet her a good morning when Chanyeol steps out making weird faces at Kyungsoo.

 Kai unknowingly frowns at the scene in front of him as he makes his way to the counter.

“Omg Yeol please stop! I thought it was funny last night but it gets better! I haven’t had that much fun in a while!” Kyungsoo fans her face and turns her body to the door.

“Jong?” she makes a beeline out of the counter and runs into Kai’s arms, “What are you doing here so early in the morning?”

Kai wraps his arm on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, giving her another hug “I thought I would grab a coffee from my favorite barista”.

He gives her a peck on her forehead before looking down, his right hand caressing her soft cheek, “Surprised?”

“Yup! I thought you would still be asleep that’s why I didn’t call you when I was on my way to work this morning” she says while leaning into Kai’s touch.

“Oh! I want you to meet someone!” Kyungsoo takes his hand from her cheek and leads Kai back to the register.

“This is Chanyeol. Remember the new guy I was talking about? Chanyeol, this is my friend Kai” Kai tries not to let the word friend affect his facial expression when he shook Chanyeol’s hand with a firm handshake.  

At that moment, Kai felt the need to introduce himself as Kyungsoo’s boyfriend and to set boundaries and protect what’s his. But like always he just shuts his mouth and swallows his urges.

“I’ve heard a lot about you man”, Chanyeol says after they let go and Kai hates the tone in his voice why giving Kyungsoo a smile.

“I wish I could say the same thing about you”, Kai didn’t intend to sound mean or anything that sort but it’s the truth. Kyungsoo does talk about him but it’s not like it’s something important to talk about.

He feels a tug on his sweater, “You want the usual?” Kyungsoo ask with a smile.

“Yes please”

“Coming right up! One Iced Americano for the bff!” She winks at him and Kai swears he can melt right there and turn into a puddle. Though, he misses the frown on Chanyeol’s face.

Kai usually brings his homework with him at the café while he waits for Kyungsoo but since he didn’t really plan on going to the café, he just watches Kyungsoo make the coffee with ease. His dad always say coffee taste better if it’s made from somebody who loves and knows the art of coffee and Kyungsoo’s coffee is one of the best he’s ever tasted, right after his dad.

“Here you go”, she places the coffee on the table together with the morning bun, on the house of course.

“Thanks Soo. Your coffee always makes my morning a little bit brighter” Kai breathes in the aroma then takes a sip and let the caffeine fill up his taste buds.

After awhile, Kai starts to frown as he remembers the reason why he’s at the café right now.

“What’s up with the frown mister? are you sick? Why are you upset?” Kyungsoo cups her face with her hands, resting her elbows on the table.

“Somebody forgot to message me yesterday soo I couldn't sleep at all” the other pouts on purpose, which Kai knows always works with Kyungsoo.

“You’re totally doing that puppy expression to me right now and it’s totally working!” Kyungsoo covers her eyes but peaks between her fingers to see if the other gives up but it just got worse with Kai batting his eyelashes to her, “Ugh! I hate you Kim Jongin. You’re my one and only weakness I swear”

Kai smiles at that statement. Just knowing that he does something to make Kyungsoo feel something towards him makes him feel special in a way.

“Since you forgot to text me yesterday, how about you make it up and spend the day with me?”

Technically, he didn’t have to ask because Kai knows his Noona can’t say no-

“I can’t”, Kai was about to ask why but Kyungsoo is already explaining and asking for forgiveness, “I promise Yeol I would help him with his stats homework after our shift today. I’m sorry! I didn’t know you wanted to hang out so I said yes to him but if I had known-“

“Soo it’s okay. It’s my fault I should have told you first” Kai says as calmly as he can but deep down inside his blood is boiling because Chanyeol this and Chanyeol that.

Is it him or the coffee taste a little bitter today?

“You’re not mad are you?” now its Kyungsoo’s turn to do the puppy face.

“Of course I’m not mad Kyungsoo” lies. Even Kai knows that Kyungsoo knows that he’s lying because he called her Kyungsoo instead of Soo and that only happens when he’s upset.

“But-“

“It’s okay Kyungsoo. I’m pretty sure I have homework to do too. It’s better to get started on those before they pile up” Kai pushes his chair, making a screeching noise, “I’ll head out now, just text me when you can kay?”

“Kai, I know you’re mad but I promise I will make it up” Kyungsoo grabs his arm before the other starts walking away.

Kai looks at her and smiles but his eyes give him away instantly, “Remember we don’t say our promises, we act-“

“act on them instead because actions speaks louder than words blah blah blah” Kyungsoo finishes his sentence.

“Right”, Kai pats her head, “so I guess I’ll just see you whenever you’re done?” Kyungsoo nods and Kai starts walking out at the café before Kyungsoo can ask for a hug just to make sure he’s really not mad at her but Kai doesn’t think he can give one right now.

Kai knows it was a low blow to just leave Kyungsoo like that and walk away from her but he thinks with the emotions he’s feeling lately, walking away is better than staying and saying something that will hurt both of them.

I don’t like you, don’t like you these days
But I only have you, I only have you
Clearly draw the line for me
Don’t pull out but confess your love to me

Really though it’s pretty stupid that Kai lets this whole thing with Chanyeol get to him and its not because it’s been a little over week since he last seen Kyungsoo, no it’s not. But who was he kidding even Sehun sees that there is something wrong with him and he knows that it has something to do with a certain girl with big brown eyes.

In Kai’s defense he did try hanging out with Kyungsoo after Saturday but she just has too many things going on with her life right now and keeps cancelling their hang outs, which Kai gets because midterms are coming up but at least he tried to reach out to her. Also, he figured Kyungsoo needed some time on her own to, you know, figure things out but that’s not the case. She always reasons that she promised Chanyeol that she will continue tutoring him for stats until mid terms are done. Again, Kai told her it was fine and they could always hang out some other time.

After a while it just becomes a cycle.

---

To his surprise, Kyungsoo had texted him that she will make a stop to his apartment after work and before heading to her own dorm. Of course, the minute Kai received the text he quickly cleans or at least make his apartment look presentable. Luckily, Sehun was out with Baekhyun so he doesn’t have to worry about his roommate.

“Hi” they both greeted each other right when Kai open the door.

After giving each other the usual hug, the two made their way to the living room and Kai had already set up the Netflix on the T.V. with popcorn on the coffee table.

“What do you want to watch?” ask Kai while getting himself comfortable on the couch. Kyungsoo follows his lead and soon they’re back to their old routine with the other tuck on Kai’s arm.

“Whatever you want” Kyungsoo shrugs.

“Okay” Instead of watching western movie like the usual, Kai chose a rerun episode of 1 Night and 2 Days.

They always have fun watching Korean variety shows. Sometimes, they would take out food from the near by Korean restaurant before going on a marathon of Running Man while eating their Jajangmyeon and eventually they’ll both be knock out on the sofa.

“Something wrong?” asks Kyungsoo, her eyes still on the screen.

“Nope, why?”

“Just”

“Just?”

Kyungsoo turns her head and looks up at Kai while he looks down at her, “Just we haven’t hang out these past few days and you haven’t been texting me so I just thought something was wrong”

“Well you were busy with Chanyeol” Kai mumbles, going back to watch the show but not really.

Both of them didn’t say anything for a while then Kai hears Kyungsoo say “but you didn’t have to ignore me”

All of a sudden Kai straighten up in a sitting position and grab Kyungsoo’s shoulder to make her face him, “I’m sorry? I was the one ignoring you? Tell me how Kyungsoo because as far as I know I’m not the one whose doing the ignoring thing here”

Kyungsoo frowns at the tone of Kai’s voice, “You don't reply to my texts when I text you good night every night or you just don’t text me in general!”

“If you wanted to talk to me then you should have not cancelled our plans in the first place!” Kai says as he turns off the T.V., walking to the kitchen before he says something he might regret in the future.

Kyungsoo follows him though, “You knew I was busy with helping Chanyeol with his stats test!” she yanks him back by his forearm but quickly let go.

“Chanyeol this, Chanyeol that. Every ing time I talk to you that ’s name always comes out. If you’re just going to argue with me then just go back to him! I’m sure he still needs help on his stupid homework. And I don’t need to report to you, as far as I know I’m not your boyfriend and I’m not obligate-“

“Then be my boyfriend Kim Jongin!” Kyungsoo shouts back, moving in to close the space between their bodies, “I’m sorry! I know I haven’t been spending much time with you but please don’t get mad at me. I hate it when we’re arguing and yelling at each other. These past few days I realized that I really can’t live without you anymore Kim Jongin. Every night after I send you a good night text I keep waiting until you reply back and when you don’t, I start thinking things. I keep thinking you’re with some other girl. I know I’m being selfish but please be mine Kim Jongin. I don’t want to go to sleep anymore thinking another girl is under your arms when I should be the one there.” she says while taking Kai’s face on both of her hands.

“Don’t play like this Kyungsoo. This is not funny” Kai tries to free from the hold but he’s always known Kyungsoo is determine when she wants something.

“And I’m not laughing. I want you. I want every single part of you to be mine. I’ve wanted you ever since I met you at the café and I know I’ve been giving you mix feelings. I didn’t know if you liked me back but then Sehun kindly told me that you were jealous of Chanyeol and you were in denial whenever he ask you so he suggested I should make the move because I quote ‘His dumabass doesn’t have the balls to confess’”

“Can I go kill Sehun?” asks Kai, placing his hands on Kyungsoo’s tiny waist and they both laugh.

Kai makes a mental note to thank his roommate later. Sehun probably knows him more than he knows himself and if it weren’t for that fact then he wouldn’t have the girl in his dream in his arms.

“You can kill him once I’m done with you”

---

Kai watches his girlfriend as she bounces on his . Her wall feels tight on his and he knows for sure she’s almost close to reaching her . He slightly moves forward with the help of his elbow and wasted no time and starts nipping on her pink s, circling it in a slow pace with his tongue while his right hand is busy with the other , trying to grab as much of the C-cup as he can on his palms.

His eyes move down to the sight of his girlfriend’s going in and out of his with no to separate their skin apart, everything was just raw. Kai takes a deep breath before a pair of lips closes on him, “! Is this how Korean-American girls are?”

Kyungsoo rolls her hips and Kai gets more turn on, if that’s even possible. He gets a glimpse of her swollen red, courtesy of his tongue, as he starts ing hard into her .

“Only me baby” Kyungsoo smirks down at her boyfriend while she rides the living life out of him.


Hey guys! I wasn't planning to make this fic longer. sorry to those who thought it would be longer.  actually I had finished it a while back but i just changed a few things. tbh, I'm not confident with this fic but i just didn't want to leave it unfinished and keep you guys hanging. but still, hopefully you guys like it somewhat. i don't know what I'll be writing again so if you have any suggestion leave them in the comments! again thank you for those who are reading this!<3