The past and the present

Karma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Bomi


Half-emptied whiskey bottle stand still on the wooden table,  broken pieces of a glass are scattered a few feet away and a young girl in a mess looking up on the dark, gloomy night sky are the sight on the rooftop of a modern yet sophisticated house.

Yoon Bomi, she cry too much tonight. The remnant of tears still can be traced from her puffy eyes down towards her slightly red cheeks because of the alcohol. She always know that she has quite low alcohol tolerance and tonight she purposely ingesting more than she could handle, hoping that it could chase away the deep pain inside her chest thinking about her.

Those dark memories flood back and no doubt it send her towards the verge of cry and ultimate regret for one more time.

*****

April 2013


Sitting inside her favourite cafe, Bomi kept fidgeting for more than half an hour and tapped her iced Americano cup that she barely touched. She was in doubt whether she should confess or not. That thought made her heart pounded even more. After one last deep exhale, she reached out her phone and started texting her.

[Unnie, I need to talk to you. It's urgent. Can you come to our usual hangout place? I'll be waiting here in the cafe at our favourite table, okay?]

After 15 minutes or so, Bomi felt a gentle tap on her shoulder. Without  turning her back around, she knew who's hand was it. She smiled and quickly grabbed the latter's wrist to sit across the small table for two.

"Bomi, what's the matter? You know that I'm super busy with my assignments and yet, you dared to texted me to come here. You better provide me a very good reason for this." She bombarded Bomi with a long but kinda soft nagging while leaning her back on the chair with crossed arms and making a straight face. Bomi used to it and she knew Chorong would never gonna be angry with her anyway.

"Chorong unnie, chill out  please? This is serious. I really have something to tell and ask you a favour."Bomi slightly pouted.

"Haha, sorry. Okay, shoot. I'm all ears, "Chorong finally smiled at the cute act of Bomi.

Bomi cleared before continue.

"Uhh, I fall in love Unnie. I likes this one girl for quite sometimes but I'm afraid to confess. What should I do Unnie? Should I tell her the truth?" Bomi said with her head lowered down. She had no gut to face her dear Unnie.

"W-what? Let me guess, that girl is Irene, am I right?" Chorong stuttered a bit.

Bomi's mouth went agape. Chorong was correct. She like Irene, her cheerleading teammate in college they all went.

"Yes, but how..."

Chorong cut her off.

"It's so obvious Bomi. You talked about her all the time this few weeks since she joined you team. Everyone could tell that you like her, pabo-ah" Chorong slightly pushed the younger's forehead using her index finger and put a small smile at the end after seing Bomi silly grin.

"And uhh, you should go and tell her how you feel for her," Chorong continued.

"Really Unnie? Thanks for the support. Okay, I'm going to tell her right  now. Wish me luck and I love you Unnie, " with the face of determination overload, Bomi grabbed Chorong's hand merely for few seconds and then made her pace towards the cafe entrance before lost in sight without looking back again at the other girl.

December 2013

"Unnie, I broke up with Irene." A sudden phone call from Bomi that somehow it started to change their 3 years of friendship since then. Bomi was confused as Chorong didn't explained in a way that she would understand.

But later, that pabo-Mi finally figured it out the reason behind of Chorong's outburst. That was when she realized that karma was starting to get a hold of her life.

 
"Unnie, why are you avoiding me since the day I broke up with her? I don't understand"

"I'm the one who don't understand you and your heart. How can you simply break up with her j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter