Fiction

Fiction

                With my very own eyes I screened myself in front of the mirror again and again before lightly slapping my two cheeks once in a few minutes. Yes, the gown that wrapped this petite body was still there, I told myself. Yes, the simple yet elegant heart pendant that my soon-to-be-wife gifted me was still around my neck, decorating my bare chest. And yes, the golden high-heels shoes that we picked together for this special day were still attached to my feet tightly. I stared deeply into the reflection of my two eyes, and for the nth time I reassured myself that, this was all real.

                It was really happening, Lee Soonkyu, I conversed myself, you are really marrying Kim Taeyeon – the girl that you have long loved. You are really marrying her after all those doubts for not being able to make her happy, for not being able to be perfect for her, for the thoughts of her deserving another woman. It was a tough journey, right? Be proud of yourself, Lee Soonkyu. You have made the right decision.

                I diverted my attention to the door when I heard a clicking sound, and soon to the girl who produced the sound.

                “Sunny, are you ready?” In her long and pink, glittered gown Tiffany entered my waiting chamber.

                Staring at her brought my memories back to the events that led to this big day. If I had to break it down, it started from when this American lady broke up with Taengoo. No, no, it was far back before that. It must have started from the moment Taeyeon first confessed to me, to the moment I turned her down and her dating Tiff, to when I regretted myself and… Ah, it would be too long to tell, and those details did not really matter anymore, right? It had all passed and, Tiffany’s bubbliness somehow convinced me again that there was really nothing in our way to be united right then.

                “Soonkyu-ah, it’s time already” My best friend’s arrival was then followed by my parents. I had seen them this morning and they had been with me ever since, but I did not know why at that moment, I tear up upon the sight of them. Behind their joyful eyes and smiles, I could see through their pains – all those mocks directed toward them regarding their youngest daughter marrying someone of the same had somehow worsened the crinkles on their faces. But they bear through all of it, and if there was anything I could be more grateful for than marrying Taeyeon, it was for having parents like them, and I swore that I would not let them down in any other aspects from now on.

                I walked out, with my parents accompanying each of my steps and Tiff keeping her eyes on my gown. I had always wondered, during our dating days, how it would feel to walk slowly toward Taeyeon on the aisle while she gently waited for me in all her gorgeousness. I had also always imagined how nervous I would be to see Taeyeon checking me out, afraid that I would not appeal enough for her. I realized that it was exactly how I felt right then; I could feel my palms sweating through the fabric of my hand gloves.

                I tried to keep my pace steady and my facial expression calm until I arrived at the big hall. Through my veil I could see the invited guests staring at me from the benches and spotted my beloved GG members.

               And there, at the end of the aisle, standing with her handsome white suit, was my Taeyeon. The second I caught a glimpse of her, I rolled my eyes down, not knowing what I was so afraid of. However, with this curiosity I dared myself to sneak a peek of her once more and caught her staring back at me with awe clear on her face. I knew right then, there she had been dying to see me in my white wedding outfit.

             When she and I were finally standing face to face, the pastor had started the ceremony with a prayer. Just a second after I closed my eyes, I felt two hands holding mine and, knowing all her details so well, I did not even need to open my eyes to know who it was. When I opened my lids once more, I was captivated by Taengoo’s two eyes which, again, watched me with so much gentleness that I even wanted to melt right there.

                “Taengoo” I whispered while the leader of the ceremony was busy muttering some kind of opening sentences. “This is real, right?”

                She only nodded as a response, but then she continued. “Actually it is hard for me too to believe”

               “Kim Taeyeon” I heard the pastor called my partner’s name. “Are you willing to say the vow to your wife, Lee Soonkyu, that you will be with her, protecting her forever until death tears you apart?”

                “Yes, I, Kim Taeyeon, here vow that I will be the wife to Lee Soonkyu, and I will stay with her no matter what until death separates us”

               “Lee Soonkyu” I pulled my head a bit in shock when I heard my own name. “Will you accept Kim Taeyeon as your wife, and be by her side, assisting her in laughter and tears, until the time God calls you?”

                “Yes” I was surprised at how firm my voice sounded; perhaps it was by looking at Taeyeon that I gained my strength and confidence. “I am willing to be the wife to Kim Taeyeon and assist her in any situation until the time I come back to Him”

                Hyoyeon, who got our honor to be our bridesmaid, stepped in; her hands were holding a golden tray which carried our rings and her face was all joy when she met our gazes. She stood right next to Taeyeon first, and I watched as Taeyeon took one ring before turning to me again. The woman I could call wife already then softly took my hand, and carefully pushed the ring she pinched in between her fingers into my ring finger.

                Our danshin friend did not take long to move and position herself beside me, offering the one shiny ring left on the tray. Without hesitation I did what Taeyeon did, and without trembling I smoothly inserted the ring into her ring finger.

                “Now, I declare you wives to each other, united and should not be separated, from now on. May God bless you to the rest of your life” The man in the white robe smiled at us. “Bride Kim Taeyeon, now you may kiss your wife”

                I soon looked at Taeyeon again, in panic somehow, and realized that she was not in a much different state. Taengoo let out that dorky, shy smile of hers and once again dazzled me for being herself; for being dorky yet so good looking at the same time. God, I am going to seal a wedding kiss with this lady right now? I could feel my pulse got quicker and quicker as Taeyeon uncovered my face from my veil.

                “Yah, Lee Soonkyu, my wife, you look like you are still in a dream. Are you ready to kiss me or not?” At this moment I was wondering how she could still joke around while I myself was more nervous than ever.

                “O- Of course I am ready! Why do you think I am not?”

                “Because…” She turned serious. “You somehow look lost. Do you still think this is all just in your imagination?”

                “I did” I choked a bit. “I have never believed this could happen. I mean, all this time I have doubted whether I could really make you happy – whether I am enough for you”

                “But now you don’t think so anymore?” She asked, while the pastor and the guests were impatiently staring at us, wondering what took us so long just to kiss.

                I shook confidently. “Because I am pretty sure that you want to be with me and need me for the rest of your life”

                “You get 100 for that, Lee Soonkyu” She pulled me in soon after she finished her statement, and dove in right away to capture my lips. I could slowly feel her deepening the kiss and, after somehow gaining back my senses, I replied it with the same intensity; I moved my lips on hers and let her enjoy it as long as she wanted to.            

                Now I am forever yours, Kim Taeyeon.

* * *

                At least, that was what I would do and say if it really happened, Taengoo. That was what we would do had I said yes to you. I spoke to myself as I threw a sad smile at the image of her and her lucky bride on the altar before silently leaving the party. This fictional imagination of you and me had given me a headache, apparently, and you indeed will be better with her than with me.

 


 

Now don't brick me for such a twisted ending, and I am sorry for updating with an "angst" after such a long hiatus. I will try my best to come up with a fluffy one soon! Thank you for reading! ^__^