Living Together

Living Together

You flipped through the channels of the television. There wasn’t anything interesting to watch so you turned it off. You looked at the wall clock again. It’s almost 10 pm. Where is he?

 

Cho Kyuhyun is the best thing that has ever happened to your life. You were only 18 when you first met him. He’s not like any other guy out there. He is very smart, hardworking, funny and handsome. Kyuhyun’s got a relatively equal mix of cute and hot, which you often don’t see in normal people. But the most special trait he has, which you think he got from being a momma’s boy, is being really sweet and caring. Yeah, there are other guys who are sweet and caring as well. But not like Cho Kyuhyun. You can’t really explain how he differs but he just does. He’s one of a kind.

 

Well, quite frankly you weren’t a normal girl either. You, Park Kyesin, are a child prodigy. You are insanely musically talented. Piano, violin, guitar, cello, you name it. You are an academic genius as well, all thanks to your parents who pressured you to stay on top since preschool. You weren’t pissed at them or anything. In fact, you’re thankful for gearing you up for the future. Without them you wouldn’t be on the Top 50 passers of Seoul University and you wouldn’t be able to meet Kyuhyun. However, all these made you rather a rational person (up until you met him), quite opposite to Kyuhyun’s best trait. But you know what they say, opposites attract.

 

When you first step into college, culture shock is bound to happen. Coming from a small school, you now reorganize yourself to a much bigger university with diverse people you will encounter. Kyuhyun was a big help for you to get used to this life. He was a year older than you, taking up political science for his pre-law. Meanwhile you were a statistics major.

 

You first met in your English 10 class. It was a general electives course which basically requires the students to write different kinds of papers, in English, of course. Since Korea isn’t an English speaking country, the professor paired up each student in class. And yes, Kyuhyun was your pair. Because of this, you contacted each other a lot. Kyuhyun used that as his way to flirt, and eventually you found yourself looking forward to every English class meeting you had. One paper’s topic was about food, since, well, it’s what you both love. You decided to write about a steadily growing restaurant near Han River. You planned to eat there together, to physically observe and report data but what was supposed to be school work turned into a lovely date where you found yourselves kissing under the moonlight over the Han River bridge.

 

Because of Kyuhyun, you learned to stop thinking rationally all the time and listen to what your hypothalamus is telling you once in awhile. Your concept of love changed from an effect of hormones and chemical signals from the brain which was not necessary, to something much more complicated. You thought it was all simple before, that it was all just yet another emotion. Yes, you knew it was your brain telling your heart to flutter whenever you see Cho Kyuhyun and to dilate your blood vessels on your cheeks but now you know that it’s more than that.

 

Kyuhyun was the heartthrob in his college. A lot of students had a major crush on him, since well, he’s handsome as and he’s quite a charming person. He is absolutely the typical boy next door, only a lot smarter than you would expect. So you could just imagine the demise of the young girls who have been secretly following him around.

 

You, on the other hand, had an introverted personality. You were friendly, however you just don’t like approaching people first. Since you were smart, you could do problem sets on your own. You were fine getting paired last or in joining group activities. You were just quiet but approachable. A number of guys liked you for this: a shy smart girl. So when you started wearing Kyuhyun’s ring on your finger, you shattered those men’s dreams.

 

In all honesty, you’d never thought you’d end up as someone’s girlfriend. It wasn’t even part of your plan when you entered college. But you know, as they say, when the ‘one’ comes, there’s no stopping it. You will fall deeply and madly in love. And you did.

 

Being in love isn’t all about happy memories and sweet gestures. That’s what many people think. Love is also about sharing and sacrificing for the other. No relationship is indeed perfect. You and Kyuhyun’s wasn’t, for sure. You often argue about how too busy you are for each other. There was once when you didn’t see each other at all for a month. It was torture. But neither of you wanted to break up. Kyuhyun fell through and went to your house in person to patch things up which led to an amazing make out session. Thankfully your parents were not home that weekend. You swore from then on to talk things through with each other. Be vocal with every problem or complications you have. It was what made your relationship a lot stronger.

 

When Kyuhyun graduated, you were more than proud to see him in his toga. Well, he still has a few more years for Law proper, but still, you felt extremely happy for him, especially when they announced he got the academic scholarship for his proper. He was obviously happy as well. He even thanked you in his speech, along with his family, and kissed you in front of the crowd. You couldn’t feel any more loved...or so you thought.

 

He had dinner with you that night. Just you two in a quiet and a little expensive restaurant. He was really a romantic guy. He doesn’t like showing it off to the public though, but he truly is a knight of romance. After dinner he said he has a surprise for you. He seemed kinda nervous too.

 

Kyuhyun then brought you to a condominium. He held your hand tight. He kissed you when you were alone in the elevator. He was jittery; you could feel it. And you were nervous as well. Was he planning to bring you to bed? Did he rent a room for you two just for this night? It’s not that you don’t want to do it with him. It’s just you wished he would wait a little longer.

 

He tooked a deep breath before tapping the key card and opening the door. The room looks brand new and newly furnished. You stood idly beside Kyuhyun, getting ready for him to prance at you anytime.

 

“My parents...bought this for me as a graduation present,” he whispered.

 

“Oh,” you said, quietly breathing a sigh of relief. You looked around. It wasn’t that big, but it was big enough for a couple to live in. One bedroom, two bathrooms, a dining area, a kitchen and a quite spacious living room.

 

Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around you from behind and placed his head on your shoulder. “What do you think?” He asked.

 

“It’s good,” you said.

 

“They told me it’s mine now… But… I kinda wanted it to be ours,” he whispered. “Kyesin, will you come live with me?”

 

Your heart beated fast. Living together takes a lot of work. You have to move things, change your address, change your route to school, get used to things… It’s a lot of work and money. “Kyuhyun…”

 

Kyuhyun stood in front of you and held your hand; his puppy eyes were looking straight at you. “I know. I know you think it’ll be a lot of work and it takes a lot of money to pull this through. But before you say anything, hear me out okay? I don’t want to live here if I’m not going to live with you. I don’t want to be alone here. I wanna see where our relationship goes and the only way to do that is take one step forward. We’ve been dating for four years and I’ve recently been thinking of our future together. I want to get to know you in a whole new level. I want to be a man...take care of you with my own money and prove to you that I’m worthy. And I know you’re worrying about us sleeping together, but don’t. I won’t force you to do anything you couldn’t. I love you, Kyesin. What do you say?”

 

You smiled sweetly at him and cupped his cheek. “Oh, Kyuhyun. You are a man to me. And I know that you are worthy. You don’t need to prove those things to me because you already have. I love you, too, and I’ve been thinking about us as well. So…” You tip your toes and kissed his lips. “Yes, I’d like to give it a try.”

 

“Really?” His eyes glimmered with happiness.

 

You nod your head. “Yeah,” a tear of joy escaped from your eye. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too!” He said before attacking your lips with his.

 

So that’s how you ended up living together. It’s been six months. You were extremely happy. It was absolutely a whole new experience living with him. You learned that he doesn’t know how to cook, that he snores in his sleep or that he sings aloud in the shower. But all these things you don’t mind when you’re in love. You find it very cute, actually.

 

But these days have been bothering you. Kyuhyun has been working his off to pull things through. He has a teaching job in the morning, classes at the afternoon, and works at the grocery at night. You begged him to let you work as well, but he wouldn’t let you. Once, you decided to offer tutorial services to help Kyuhyun pay off the bills, but he wouldn’t accept the money. It was torturing you to see him get home tired everyday and still study til dawn. All you could do was to cook him dinner. He assures you that he’s happy with this life, but you aren’t. Not when he’s suffering alone.

 

You felt a pair of soft warm lips press yours. You opened your eyes. “Ah, I thought I told you not to wait up for me,” Kyuhyun whispered as he brushed your hair. You must’ve fallen asleep on the couch. “Sorry for making you worry. I had to overtime at the grocery.”

 

“Have you eaten?” You asked. Kyuhyun nodded his head. You pouted. “I know that you’re lying when you don’t answer verbally, Kyu. Come on. I’ll eat with you. I cooked curry.”

 

“You’re the best,” he smiled and kissed your lips.

 

You stood up and prepared his food. You sat down beside him. “You look pale, Kyu. Are you alright?”

 

“Must be the fatigue from work,” he grinned.

 

You leaned and touched his forehead. It’s hot. “I think you might have fever,” you said. You stood up and got the thermometer.

 

“I feel fine, Kye. Sit down and eat with me,” he said.

 

You ignored him and rushed to the bathroom. You took the thermometer and put it in Kyuhyun’s mouth. You removed it after two minutes. It read 39°C.

 

“You have fever, baby. After eating, drink medicine, alright? Then rest. No TV. No Starcraft,” you instructed.

 

“Aww…” Kyuhyun pouted. “But I”m fine.”

 

“No, you’re not. Go eat. You’ll feel better, okay?” you said, smiling at him softly as your brushed his hair.

 

“How was school?” he asked as you both ate.

 

“It was fine. Same old, same old. How about you?” you asked.

 

“You know, still the same,” he smiled back.

 

“You’ve been working really hard. I was thinking maybe I could--”

 

“No,” he said, shaking his head. “We’ve talked about this. I don’t want you to tire yourself. Go finish your studies first,” he smiled.

 

“But Kyu… look at the condition you’re in,” you said.

 

“I told you. I’m fine. This is nothing. I probably just need a little rest,” he said.

 

You sighed. You understand that Kyuhyun wants to be a man and support you with his own money but this is too much.

 

You took your plates and put it on the sink after you finished eating and washed it. Kyuhyun followed stood up and started wiping the table.

 

“Baby, go ahead and rest,” you said. “I’ll take care of that.”

 

“No, it will be faster this way,” he argued.

 

“Alright, but after that, go up and rest, okay? I’ll follow in a minute.”

 

“Ei~ Why are you pushing me away?” he asked, his arms crawling from behind you into a hug.

 

“I’m not pushing you away. I’m just concerned about your health,” you said.  Kyuhyun then stood beside you and helped you wash the dishes. “Baby!”

 

“I’m fine,” he said.

 

“Look, Kyu. I know you look y as when you help me do the chores, but please, listen to me just once, okay? Go up and rest. I’ll be there soon,” you said.

 

Kyuhyun pouted. “Okay fine.” Kyuhyun puckered his lips, asking for a kiss.

 

You chuckled at him and tipped your toes to reach his lips. Kyuhyun smiled at you. “I love you,” you whispered.

 

“Love you too,” he said.

 

He slowly made his way up the stairs and into your room. You hurriedly washed the remaining plates and put them in the drier. You switch off the lights and unplugged all necessary appliances before you ran up to your bedroom.

 

Kyu was lying on the floor when you opened the door. “Kyu!” You panicked, picking him up.

 

He chuckled like a little kid. “What happened?” He asked.

 

“Damn it! You collapsed on the floor! I told you to rest!” You said, helping him get up.

 

“Oh… I guess I was just dizzy,” he said, laying down on the bed.

 

“Don’t move. Just rest. I’ll take care of you.” You took off his shoes, his shirt and pull his pants off.

 

“I feel extremely right now,” he laughed.

 

You went to the bathroom, grabbed a wet towel and a shirt from the cabinet. You wiped Kyuhyun’s body to lower his temperature. Your heart was still beating fast from the panic earlier.

 

Kyuhyun suddenly sat up to kiss you on your lips. “I love you,” he said.

 

“I know. I love you too. Put on your shirt,” you instructed before returning to the bathroom to rinse the towel.

 

You felt tears stinging your eyes as you went back your bedroom. You placed the wet towel on his forehead.

 

“Why are you crying?” He asked, cupping his face with his warm hands.

 

You bit your lip, fighting the tears. But they rolled effortlessly down your face. “I was so scared…” You sobbed. “I don’t know what I’m going to do if you didn’t wake up… Seeing you there on the floor…”

 

“Aww come here,” he said, taking you into his arms, letting you cry on his chest. “I’m sorry, okay. I’ll be a whole lot better in the morning, thanks to you.”

 

“Kyu, you’re scaring me… You’re telling me not to worry and I’m trying my best not to, but seeing your health deteriorate each day and I can’t do anything about it terrifies me. I don’t like seeing you weak…” You admitted.

 

“We’ll get through this. I promise,” he said.

 

“You know, I only see two ways to improve our situation,” you said.

 

Kyuhyun breathed deeply. “Tell me.”

 

You sat up to look at him. He wiped the tears away. “Well, one… I should leave.”

 

Kyuhyun face went grim. “No. I’m not breaking up with you over this.”

 

“Not break up, dear,” you cup his face. “I’m just saying I should go back to my parent’s house. We have no problem at all with money. That way, you can support yourself. I’ll come back after I graduate and when I’m working. It’ll be easier then.”

 

“No,” Kyuhyun shook his head and wrapped his arms around you instinctively. “I’m not going to live here alone. What’s option two?”

 

“Option two… You let me work.”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head. “I can’t let you do that.”

 

“Kyuhyun, please, listen to me. I can help. I’m not going to work heavy jobs. I was thinking of tutorial services or babysitting… Just those stuff. Do you know the average money I could get off from people would this per day? I could get like 20 bucks easy. Don’t worry about school. I can handle it.”

 

He breathed deeply. “And if I said no?”

 

“Then I’ll have to leave myself. I can’t stand seeing you suffering because of me. Let me help you. Let’s help each other okay?”

 

Kyuhyun looked at you and sighed. “Okay… You can work. But no babysitting high school or college guys.”

 

You laughed. “Baby, those don’t need babysitting anymore.”

 

“Still. You’ll need to text me the address where you’ll be working at, okay? At all times,” he said.

 

“Yes,” you chuckled. “I love you.” You kissed his lips.

 

“I love you, too. Come here.”

 

“Wouldn’t it be too hot for you if we cuddled tonight?” You asked.

 

“I can take it.” Kyuhyun cupped your face between his hands and looked right into your eyes. “I love you so much, Park Kyesin.” He then pressed his lips on yours, holding you close. “Don’t you ever leave me.”

 

You laughed. Even when he’s sick, he has managed to scold you.

 

“I won’t!” You wrapped your arms around his neck and let him kiss you til the rest of the night.

 

-----

Hey guys!

Thanks for reading! I'm sorry I wasn't able to post this last week. I forgot about it >.<

Please do COMMENT your thoughts below. SUBSCRIBE and UPVOTE if you liked it!