New!

Tears in the skies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



New is a simple word of three letters, yet it has different meanings and impacts. For some it could bring excitement; the excitement over having to experience new things like new clothes, a new car/game, or the start of a new relationship. For others, it could bring an opposite vibe; the feeling of resentment. It's like when you move to a different environment - far away from your home, your best friends; basically far away from your comfort zone. Well, I had to experience the second one. My parents divorced a couple of months ago, so my younger sister and I had to move in with our mother to a new city and start a new life, which brings us to where I am right now.  

Right now am standing in front of sets of eyes staring at me, probably judging, trying to figure me out, or maybe want to get to know me. Either way am standing awkwardly with a stage fright trying as best as I could to introduce myself. "My name is Jang Hyunseung, please take a good care of me". The teacher looked at me, I guess she expected few more words. When she realized that I wasn't going to utter anything else, she cleared slightly and said "and there you go ladies and gentlemen. A short intro from a man of few words".


I took that as my cue and walked towards the only empty seat near the window and right next to an intimidating looking dude. He stared directly into my eyes from the moment I walked into class. I can feel him reading my every body movement, assessing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter