Final

Absorbing the light.

"You're leaving early again?" Minho, my best friend, asked me for about the 15th time this afternoon. He didn't like me going home early. I just HAD to be there while he scrolled through his phone in search of the best memes on campus. Not saying that it isn't funny to look at some of them though..... I just have something, rather someONE clouding my vision and my thoughts and my feelings and they're just.....

Words just aren't enough to describe their beauty. The way their arms sway with the wind, the way their skin feels on the tips of my fingers, the way they're always just sitting there staring back at me. It's entrancing to say the least. I have a with them. They're perfect. As a photography major, they are exactly what I need. As a human being with feelings such as love, care and respect, they're all that I've ever wanted in my life. They set off all of the butterflies in my stomach and I don't complain at all. In fact, I love the feeling of my heart sinking to my stomach and my throat developing a lump every time I see them.

"Yo! YO!" Minho all but shouted at me. I was probably in one of my trances again. "What?" I replied in a tierd tone. It was one of my tactics to make him let me go home. I would act overly tired until he sympathized for me and let me go back home to my wonderful, amazing, outstanding..... we all get the point. Well unfortunately, Minho wasn't going to be so nice today.

"C'mon, I know you're not tired. Look at this." And with that, Minho proceeded to shove his samsung into my face at full brightness. Great.

"Isn't it HILARIOUS?"

"Yes Minho. Yes it is."

And that was my second tactic in action. Seeming disinterested or distracted. This one had about a 50 percent chance of working if the other one didn't work. After this, my options either got less effective or more embarrassing. Or even both.

"The least you could do was laugh...geez...." Minho mumbled before retracting his phone from my face. I let out a heavy sigh, still hanging onto the 'bored mood' idea. I'm guessing it worked because right then, he sighed in response.

MINHO SIGHED.

THIS WAS MY LUCKY DAY. I WAS GOING TO BE FREED. Wasn't I?

"Listen, Jonghyun....." Minho started in quite a deep tone. This had never happened before. Not since he had gotten together with this one freshman kid. I think Taemin was his name. Anyway, it wasn't something that happened often. I needed to listen.

"You know that they aren't the best choice for you right?"

What? Did Minho just....

"I'm not trying to be rude or anything but just.... consider actually going for someone you can love.... if that makes sense."

"I'll consider it right after I forget this conversation ever happened." I mumbled before grabbing my shoulder bag, stuffing my laptop inside and simply leaving the room.

I couldn't believe the words were coming out of his mouth.....More like, I didn't WANT to believe it. I thought he was meant to be supportive of me and my person of intrest. I thought he was meant to stand up for me like I did with him. I thought we were meant to just accept everyone. He's gay and I don't know what I am. I just know that I'm enjoying myself but apparently in his world, that's wrong.

I just hoped that Jinki was more gentle with me.

That was their name.

Jinki.

It was quite easy on the tounge. I felt like I could call it for days. I could never get tired of a name like that. It sends tingles down my spine and causes a small blush to appear on my cheeks. I felt like a crushing schoolgirl and I was loving it. It was the type of name that could cause you to lose all thought and just clear your mind of all the impurities. It was heavenly.

Ofcourse I couldn't say with any meaning until I got home. That's where they would be waiting fo me as always. They would assure me that I did my best and would spend the rest of the day with me, telling me I'm amazing. It's not like I don't reply though. I tell them that I love them with all my heart. I tell them they are perfect. I tell them that the sun shining behind them reminds me of gods.

Getting home was the best feeling of them all. I could see them, sitting, smiling at me with those small cracks on their face.

I went outside just to wrap my hands around their body and feel the bark beneath my skin.

"Jinki.... I've missed you so much....."

I kissed their soft green fingers before letting go and staring at the light of my life who was planted right in the centre of my garden.

Taking  a moment to absorb my personal light supply, I sighed.

"Minho's right...."

 

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I just felt like a nature freak today.

Have some partly angst (only very very slightly) Wierd fluff.

Jinki was a god indeed in this fic XD

--Izzy