Call Me Maybe

Call Me Maybe

“HOLY ITS HIM!” You exclaimed as you peeped out of your bedroom window into your backyard. “Yiiiieeeeeee! ITS IS HIM! GOOD GOD HE’S SO HOT!”

You are currently taking in the sight that is Joshua Hong, resident good-boy of your neighbor but with a sinful body. Thick and luscious arms, crazy built frame and the packed abdomen of a god combined with his angelic yet sultry face was enough to send you to the hospital then to the morgue.

You were giggling loudly like a little school girl as you watch Joshua stride down your backyard and head for the shed, pulling out a lawnmower. You’ve know about this all day and couldn’t wait for it too; your mom told you that she hired Joshua to mow the lawn as a summer job since you and your brother Junghan couldn’t be bothered about it.    

You watch him ogglingly as he pulled the chord and the mower hummed to life but died out instantly. You watch Joshua inspect the thing so hard, your heart fluttering and your cheeks dusted pink, still screaming like a banshee.  

“HEY! SHUT UP!” You hear your brother Junghan yell as he entered your room and find you drooling out the window. “…GOD! You sound like a dying giraffe!”

He walked up behind you to see what you were talking about.

“Oh…it’s the Joshua dude from next door…” Junghan said nonchalantly, tying his long hair up in a pony tail.

“JOSHUA DUDE? That right there is A GOD!” You reiterated as you bit you lip down and watch Joshua’s arms flex as he pulled on the chord of the lawnmower.

“ITS HIM! Yieeeee~eeee!” You screech nonetheless watching Joshua rev the thing over and over with no luck until the loud humming of that old lawnmower resonated all around

But then he did something that literally made you sweat all over.

HE TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF! OH GOOD LORD HE TOOK IT OFF!

He pulled his white shirt off over his head, his abs glistening with sweat under the afternoon sun and flexed as he stretched up to take his shirt off.

“OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!” You yell out loud, hitting your brother in the shoulder repeatedly. “FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!”

Junghan just laughed at how silly you were being. After spazzing for a while you finally got a hold of yourself and continued watching Joshua, now pushing the mower across your lawn.

You were panting hardly, your breathing labored as you saw -on-legs, his torso fully exposed; no blemish or impediment of any form, skin even better than yours. Your mouth hung agape watching him that you didn’t realize that Junghan was poking your cheeks teasingly.

“Hey…earth to big sister! Come in big sister!” Junghan joked. “…mom was calling you!”

“Tell her I’m busy!” You hissed at him, then turning your head back to Joshua with dreaming eyes, you took a deep breath and yelled out; “YOU’RE SO ING HAAAWWWWWT!”

Suddenly Joshua turned around and looked up, seeing you directly gawk at him, a smirk forming in his perfectly sculpted lips.

You panic, alarm bells going off in your head and you did the stupidest thing ever; you ducked.

“—! He’s looking here!” You said alarmed leaving a very confused Junghan standing by the window laughing at you.

“WAHAHAHAHAHA! Such a fan-girl my dear big-sister” he said clutching his stomach laughing.

Wallowing in embarrassment you head your mother’s voice resonated in the background calling Junghan.

Junghan leaves your room, most probably heading to your mother. “…be right back!” he says as he walked out. You still crouched in embarrassment at the bottom of the window.

After a while of contemplating whether or not Joshua saw you and after building up enough courage you slowly peek up. Thankfully Joshua was now back to mowing the grass and you can now watch him again in peace.

It was all hot guys and sunshine for you when suddenly you see Junghan walk up to Joshua and hand him a bottle of water;

“…that little !” You said bitterly as you saw your brother hand a shirtless, sweaty and very delectable Joshua a bottle of water.  

You storm downstairs just in time for Junghan to walk back in from the backyard. You shove him hardly in anger.  

“What was that for?” Junghan asked surprised with your sudden anger.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU LET ME GIVE HIM THE WATER!” You yelled out.

He snickers. “You were supposed to! But then you told me to tell mom you were busy! She was going to ask you to give it to Joshua but the you were all like—“

You flip your hair angrily and walk out on your brother, heading back up the stairs. “UNFAIR!”you yell to your brother who was just laughing. You storm back into your room to go back to Joshua watching but alas by the time you get back to your window, the said -on-legs had his shirt back on and was already stowing the lawnmower away.

 

...

 

“WHYYYYYYYYY~~~~YYYY?!” You were now whining as your brother Junghan and your older brother Seungchol were now dragging you out your garage door and into the dirty parked car on your driveway.

“Because a bet is a bet and you lost!” Seungchol teased throwing you up to the car. “Now I want it all cleaned up before the rest of the band shows up…got it?”

“yeah-yeah…” You breath out dejectedly. You look at Junghan with pleading eyes; trying to coerce him to do it for you;

“Not a chance…” Junghan deadpans.

You groan and give-up, you did lose that you can stuff more jellybeans up your nose than Seungchol, but that’s not the issue here.

The two boys walk away laughing , leaving with a bucket of soapy water, a sponge, car cleaning soap and a very, very dirty light blue station wagon. You had to clean it up before the rest of your band comes up for practice in your garage.

You start rubbing all the grease and grime off the car and pretty soon you had the entire car wet and covered with suds and you were feeling pretty proud of yourself.

You take a break and looked around the neighborhood when your eyes land on the driveway next door, fiddling with the engine of a 1969 Dodge Charger was the one and only -on-legs Joshua, wearing a very thin white wife-beater exposing his huge arms that you’d love to spend hours on.

This was your chance and by god; were you gonna use it!

You start trying to act all seductive, purposely wetting your white shirt making your pink bra kinda stick out a bit, you were quite the attractive person and you knew how to work it.

“Oh…its hot today…” you said overdramatically, trying to catch the other’s attention.

Soon you were sliding up and down the car, doing all you can to catch Joshua’s attention until finally you were reclined up against the car, lazily still scrubbing the hood when Joshua looked over, your eyes meeting and he smiled at you.

Your heart raced,

HOLY ING JOSHUA WAS SMILING AT YOU!

Then it all went blank

 

...

 

“…hey…hey—Oh hey there…” You hear an angelic voice coo over you as you finally came to.

You open your eyes and right in front of you was him

“…you’re even hotter up close…” You mumble softly not realizing that you weren’t dreaming and the fact that Joshua was literally inches from your face.

“What?” He asked a smile playing on his lips. “…hey are you okay?”

When it finally dawned on you that Joshua was inches away your mind jolted.

“Hey…are you okay?” Joshua repeated concern written all over your face.

“Uhm…yeah…” He groaned, trying to act it out.

“What were you doing?” Joshua asked, he was hovering over you and you can see down his shirt to his impeccable and mouth-watering abs. It took all your concentration not to slide you hand down those muscular ridges.

“I—was uh—I was washing this car…” You said, feeling absolutely euphoric but feeling foolish at the same time.

“Okay but why did you fall off the hood?” Joshua kept on asking, a seductive smile tugging on his lips, it takes every ounce of restraint that you had not to pounce on him and devour those lips right then and there because…HE WAS -ON-LEGS!

“I—was…cleaning the windshield?” You said, unsure of your answer. You were about to correct yourself when you heard people walk up.

“What the hell happened to you?” A voice piped up from the side of the road running up to you.

You look up, still laying on the pavement; it was one of your band mates Woozi. The short male walked up, his pink hair bouncing and then threw you a judging, skeptical look;

“Hey there pinky!” You greet looking at him and seeing him upside-down from your perspective. “You know just laying around…”

“ you…that was a lame- pun.” Woozi pans. He looks at Joshua and asks him; “What happened to her dumb-?”

“She fell of the car washing it…?” Joshua says, unsure it what he said made any sense.

“Y—yeah I fell…” You said propping yourself to stand up. Joshua extended a hand and you took it, unknowingly caressing the smooth yet strong hands that held onto yours.

“Still stupid…” Woozi snidely said, walking into the garage and started to arrange his keyboard. “Anyways the rest of guys will be arriving soon…which songs are we gonna rehearse?”

Your hands still lingered against Joshua’s seconds after he’d already helped you up. “You guys in a band or something?”

“Yeah we are…” You said trying to sound optimistic but failing when you saw him looking at you intently. “we are—uhm…”

“Oh yeah you’re in your band with your two brothers right?” Joshua asked, still holding his gaze on you.

“Yeah—I—we are.” You stutter out, his broad shoulders are far too distracting.

The sounds of your other band-mates arriving slightly jolt you from your drooling. Soon enough they were starting to set up amps and chords all around your garage.

Joshua smiled and was prompting to leave; “So anyways…I got to go back and—“

“—oh…uhm you can stay though!” You said a little too excitedly. “I mean you could listen to us rehearse…or something?”  

“Yeah? That sounds great.” Joshua says with his killer smile; and your heart literally just melted

 

...

 

“…make-up really?” Junghan remarks snidely as he walked into your room. “You’re stalling practice because you’re putting on make-up?”

“Shut up! Joshua’s gonna watch!” You reply, just finishing the wingtips on your eyeliner. You’ve spent the last ten minutes blow-drying and styling your long brown hair and putting on make-up.

“Seungchol is started to get impatient…” Junghan warned sitting down on your bed. You walk up to your closet and pick out a fresh floral overlap on your plain white shirt. Junghan looked at you judgingly. “Its rehearsals…not a gig!”

“Pft whatever!” You said as you took a last check on your reflection in the mirror, seeing as everything is perfect, you tug Junghan out the room and headed for practice. You stuck your tongue out childishly at Junghan;  "you're just jelly cause no one's there watching you"

 

...

 

“About ing time!” Seungchol snarls as you walked into the garage, now lit with twinkle-lights and all the old neon signs you had put up. “…and what’s with the whole lights and production here? We’re only rehearsing!”

“Quit it!” You said walking up to the microphone and your eyes landing against Joshua who was leaning on the car you just cleaned and had his own eye trained at you.

“Well whatever let’s just get this started!” It was Mingyu who spoke up, seated behind the drums. “What are we playing first?”

“Why don’t we do the latest?” Woozi suggested, now plopped behind his keyboard piano.

Everyone agreed.

“Alright….1.2.3.4!” Seungchol yelled out and soon he started blaring on his guitar while Junghan was strumming on the base.

You started singing like you’ve never sang before, as the melody flowed all around you and the words just came out beautifully.

Once in a while you’d look at Joshua, seeing his body sway to the music and him feeling the song, only encouraging you to perform more.

Soon enough the first song ended and the second began and not for long, you’ve been rehearsing for over an hour. The sun had already set outside and the entire neighbor was now shrouded in the deep darkness of the night sky.

The band finished your last song, everyone ecstatic on how good it sounded. Compliments were thrown all around. You look at Joshua and he had his eyes burrowed at you and something inside of you clicks,  partnered with the surge of adrenaline performing gave you, you courageously walk over to him.

“Nice set…” He said smiling, watching you walk up to him.

“Thanks…” You said, pulling out a pen and paper, bent down against he hood of the car and began writing down your number. “I was thinking if you weren’t too busy you can maybe give me a call and—“

But when you look up Joshua was no longer beside you, instead walking up to the band.

“Hey…” Joshua said as he walked up to Junghan who was putting away his bass guitar.

“Oh hey…” Junghan replied, too preoccupied with his equipment, finally when he finished he looked Joshua in the face, prompting the other to fish something out of his pocket.

Curiosity began fueling up inside you as you watched glued to the spot.  

Joshua shook Junghan’s hand, handed a piece of paper to Junghan. Then leaned in close to whisper something in his ear.

Junghan’s eyes budged and he turned red; his face blushed pink after hearing what the other told him privately. Joshua nodded at you and smiled waking away entirely, a contented smirk plastered on his face.

“What the was that?” Mingyu asked, noticing Junghan’s dumb-struck look and the growing discontent on your face.

You walk up to your still gob smacked brother. “What did he tell you?” You ask intrepidly.

Junghan blinked; “you…don’t wanna know…” he said still drained.

You looked at him confused, “Then what’s in the paper?”

Junghan opened up the piece of paper, everyone had gathered around at this point and everyone’s jaw slacked and dropped when they all read it;

                                                      


A/N:

HEYOOOOOOOOOO!
I know what I did was mean :P but if you did get where I got the idea from you might have predicted how this was gonna go down :P
This was my first Seventeen fic...so:

Hue-Hue! JUNGHAN X JISOO IS LIFE!

Hehehehehehe...hehehe...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *dies from evil laughter*

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this one-shot drabble of mine,
Love to hear from ya'll; COMMENT AWAAAAY! :)

Muuuuuuccccchhhhhhhh Loooooovvveeeeeeee (^)_(^)