One

Unexpected

The morning came in a haste before Jonghyun could realize it. The sun was slowly taking its place in the clear morning sky  while the said short man was still covered with his sheets. Hustle and bustle of pans and what so ever was heard from the kitchen followed by a pleasing smell that got Jonghyun’s  senses in a sudden wake. Eyes still close he started tossing from left to right as his stomach grumble with the delicious smell invading his nostrils.

“Yeobo!” a distant shout was heard from downstairs but it didn’t went unheard by Jonghyun. A small smile made its was to his lips as he pushed his self up from his bed, yawning and stretching like a puppy. “Breakfast is ready!”

Still grinning like a crazy puppy, Jonghyun marched his way downstairs after washing his face and putting on some descent clothes. The smell became stronger as he approached the kitchen of his shared apartment. “Yeobo~” he hears him coed and this made Jonghyun’s step faster with grin becoming more prominent than it can be as he nears the location where the voice came from. With a light shift, he held the divider of the living room and kitchen, pulling his self to spun towards the dining area smile not living his puppy face.

“Good Morning yeobo~” he hears, bells and bees in his ear all of the sudden.

“Good morni-“

But then, just like how a punch would come with so much force knocking out air from his lungs all the bells and bees stop in an instant the silence was almost deafening. His mouth stayed opened as he witness the scene unfold in front of him.

“Good Morning Kibum.” He heard Jinki greeted back as he slowly wrapped his arms around Kibu- Key who was busy preparing breakfast. The younger of the two pushed his head towards the older after plating the eggs and bacon muttering things he didn’t want to hear. Jinki gave Key’s waist a little squeeze as he plant small kisses of the latter’s nape like it’s the most normal thing he does.

Jonghyun almost forgot, just like every other day, they broke up and now his getting one great slap in the face.

“Oh, Jjong- Good morning.” Jinki sounded like he only knew about Jonghyun’s presence just now as he flashed that blinding smile he has as he let go his boyfriend after planting a deep kiss on his head.

“Your just on time for breakfast, as always.” He then hears Key as he grab the plates in the counter and place it in the round dining table. Jonghyun dare to look at the black haired boy who sat next to Jinki. He was smiling and giggling as he nag about how Taemin was still asleep. He looked okay, so okay Jonghyun’s chest started to clench.

“Get Taemin down here old man.” Key’s not so modest voice pulled Jonghyun out of his sudden self pity as he saw Jinki marched upstairs probably to wake up Taemin. Jonghyun started to fidget as he saw Key looked back from Jinki towards the food in front of them. His slowly feeling trouble breathing as he imagine the awkward situation that is about to unfold between them but it didn’t happen. Key, was still Key. Talkative and nagging and was still talking like the normal Key from back then. All Jonghyun did was laugh awkwardly and answer shortly as he tried to process the things happening at the moment. It may be too much to think about this but as Key hit Taemin jokingly in the and pressed a soft kiss in Jinki’s cheeks he almost thought they didn’t happened.

“Jjong-ah are you okay?” he heards Jinki asked.

“Hyung, aren’t you hungry?” he then hears Key.

Jonghyun gave his self one good mental shake before flashing a smile to the both of them saying his just a little bit tried from work.

Breakfast went by uneventfully and it was Jonghyun’s turn to do the dishes. He was softly humming a tune from a song he just wrote last night as he dry all the plates he finished washing when Taemin grabbed a clean glass and get some water from the fridge.

“You okay Hyung?” The recently pink hair boy asked. Jonghyun’s movement came to a stop as he heard that question almost everyone throws at him every time. Is he okay? Damn he isn’t. his living with his ex, with his new boyfriend which happened to be his bestfriend, a very good man he doesn’t have anything against and people try to ask him if his okay.

He feels like dying every single day.

 Everyday he realize how a douche of a boyfriend he is compared to Jinki and how Key deserved more than that bull of a relationship they had. Everyday, seeing how Jinki makes Key smile made him realize he can’t stand a chance, not against this Hyung.

Every day he tells his self to just accept and be happy for them but no he can’t because his one stupid jerk. He still hopes for a second chance, for them to eventually break up, he still hopes that’s why every night he writes a song, sing that song, purposely singing it out loud so that Key could hear it . So, is he okay?

No, his one sick bastard, that’s what he is.

“You know Key is happy now right?” he hears Taemin again. “You should move on and do the same.”

“It’s easy to say that co’z you have Minho, Tae.”

“Yeah right, but you don’t need to be unnecessarily bitter Hyung.” He flashed a glared at Taemin’s direction after hearing this. His not being bitter, just heartbroken. “It’s been, what? 5 months? 6 months? Get over it.”

“It isn’t easy as you think Tae.”

“It is, trust me Hyung.” Jonghyun was still skeptic as he watch Taemin fumble with his phone, definitely testing with his boyfriend, Minho. “I got to go.”

Jonghyun gave Taemin a nod as the youngest ran to the living room , bidding goodbye to the cuddling couple in the sofa who instantly sat up after seeing Jonghyun walked in.

“ Oh, don’t mind me.” He says seeing Jinki look at him apologetically after pulling Key back to his chest.  Jonghyun decided it’s about time to take a bath and get some life so he gathered his already broken heart and marched his self upstairs.

Easy huh. He remembers what Taemin said. You can’t just move from a true love failure just like that.

“But Kibum did. “ But his rational self would always whisper.

 

*****

A/N

Aye! First off I'm posting this one just to get over it.

I mean i've been wanting to make a Jongkey/Onkey fic.

Second, im not sure when to update so subscribe at your own risk. Im frankly testing waters here if this kind of story will click but anyway~

Please do SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT, it'll definitely get the fic going. ☺😊😀