Chapter 20

Arranged Marriage

“Do you really have no feelings for me?”

“Myungsoo?”

“Abonim how are you feeling?”

“Well, I’m feeling a bit better.”

“It’s a relief, we were really worried about him. You should take better care of your health or call us when you’re not feeling well.”

“I know, but I am an old man with a lot of pride. Don’t worry, I’m already fine. It’s already late, and Naeun tells me that you kids have been here since early in the morning. Why don’t you two go home and get some rest?”

“Appa! I told you that I’m not going to leave you.”

“You’re one stubborn girl! IK told you that I don’t need you here. Besides, Mr. Yoo is going to stay here with me, and the nurses are going to be here too. If anything happens they would call.”

“Naeun, your father is right. You need to rest, I’ll bring you tomorrow on my way to work.”

“Listen to your husband, he’s taking care of you right now.”

“I don’t want to go.”

“You would go with me even if I have to drag you out of here. And you know that I’m capable of doing it.”

“Alright, but I’ll be here in the morning.”

“Alright! Myungsoo, drive safely, and make sure she eats something before going to sleeping.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it.”

I bowed to Naeun’s father and then made my way out of the room. I didn’t even wait for Naeun, her words had hurt me too much that I was angry. I knew I should be angry at her for not returning my feelings, but I was angry at myself for making a fool out of me. It was obvious that Naeun still had feelings for Dongwoon, and saying that I loved her was not going to change anything.

++++++++++++

The ride home was awfully silent. Myungsoo heard what I said and he was mad, it was obvious, but he wasn’t going to say it.
 

“I already called Mrs. Oh and told her to get dinner ready for you.”

“You’re not going to have dinner?”

“Oh, I rather just going to sleep.”

We arrived home and Myungsoo left the car before I could say anything. I knew he was probably hurt and I knew I had to talk to him, but I was scared that I would make things worse.

I left the car and when inside the house.

“Mrs. Oh, don’t let Naeun go to sleep without eating. Make sure she finishes everything.”

“Ne, Mr. Kim”

He went upstairs without even looking my way and into our room.

“Mrs. Kim, dinner is already served.”

“Oh, thanks.”

I made my way into the kitchen and sat down on the bar to eat. I could feel the gaze of Mrs. Oh in me, probably expecting me to start crying. Honestly, I felt like crying. Myungsoo was being cold towards me and I didn’t like. Yes, it was my fault he was acting that way, but it hurt not talking to him.

“Agassi, is there something wrong?”

“Ani, everything’s fine. You can go home already.”

“But Mr. Kim said-“

“I know what he said. I’ll finish eating and I’ll put everything away too. It’s alright, it’s already late and you should go home.”

“Then, I’ll take my leave. Goodnight.”

“Oh good night, be careful.”

I finished eating and washed the dirty dishes. I didn’t want to go and sleep yet. It wasn’t because I wasn’t tired, it was more because of Myungsoo. How was I supposed to sleep when he was mad at me and we were sharing the same bed?

After a while I turned the lights off when went upstairs to our room. The lights were off but there was light coming from outside through the window. Myungsoo’s figure was lying in the middle of the bed peacefully, then I took my pajama from the closet and went to change. When I came back, Myungsoo’s back was now my only view and he was now closer to the end of the bed. I quietly made my way to the bed and got in.

I laid in bed and cried myself to sleep thinking of how I hurt Myungsoo.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Myungsoo’s alarm went off but neither of us moved. I knew he was awake since he usually wakes up a couple of minutes before it goes off, but he didn’t make an effort to get out of bed.

“Why were you crying last night?”

“I… I wasn’t crying.”

“You were, don’t try to deny it. Abonim is already out of danger, you shouldn’t be crying because of that.”

“I told you I wasn’t crying.”

“If you say so…”

“You, are you mad at me?”

“Why would I be mad?”

“I know you heard what I told my father yesterday, that I wasn’t sure I could return your feelings.”

“There’s no reason to be mad at you. Moreover, I’m angry with myself.”

“Why?”

“Why? Because I made a fool of myself. It was really stupid to think that I was going to change your feelings for Dongwoon hyung. You don’t have to feel guilty, the one that made the mistake was me.”

With that he stood from bed and went into the restroom. I followed his figure until the door was closed, and for some reason I felt devastated. It was like had closed the door to his heart and wasn’t going to let me in again.

Without notice tears started to run down my face. I felt broken, something I didn’t feel when I broke up with Dongwoon oppa. In the time that Myungsoo and I had been married I had grown fond of him, and it hurt to be thrown aside by him because of the things I said. Although he said that it was his mistake, it felt more like mine. It was my mistake for letting him see the sides of me that no one knew, and it was my mistake to give myself to him at our honeymoon.