Hello

I Don't Love You That Way


[ 2013 ] 


Kunpimook sat in class watching the clock tic. The hands moved irritably slow and caused him to feel even more anxious. It was his second year at Seoul Academy of Media Arts, and his second year being friendless at the school. Last year his family moved from Thailand to Korea to expand their corporation. At first he felt confident because he was always considered smart, a hard worker, and a great dancer. Being a transfer wasn't easy though; now he just wanted to get through the day without being bothered. He kept looking up and the clock kept teasing him. A cold reminder that he was already feeling awful and school was still minutes away from starting.

He turned his head away with a groan and caught the eye of a boy standing by the classroom door. Kunpimook had never seen him before. The boy gave a sweet smile and Kunpimook felt his face go red.  

*ring-ring-ring* 

"I'll say this once, and once only." Started Mr. Jung. He moved to the front of the class and wrote down his name."When you're in my classroom I don't want to see anyone out of their seats."

Kunpimook hardly heard what the professor was saying; the boy in the front was mocking every word with the silliest expressions.

"Jackson!" Scolded Mr. Jung. "What do you think you're doing?"

The boy fixed his posture and addressed the teacher. "Just trying to figure out where I should sit, sir."

Mr. Jung frowned at the boy and pointed to the empty seat next to Kunpimook. Jackson found his way to the back and sat on the chair with a grin.

"Students, meet Jackson Wang. He's transferred from Hong Kong. Please welcome him kindly to our school."

Jackson gave a wave and dramatically blew a kiss to the class.

"As I was saying," continued Mr. Jung. "I don't want anyone out of their seats, so make yourself comfortable because this seating arrangement is permanent." Kunpimook turned to look at Jackson and was met with a childish smile.

"Hey cutie. Guess we have to see each other everyday, huh?" 

Kunpimook couldn't turn his head the entire class. Jackson kept make funny faces at him and Kunpimook knew if he looked he'd laugh and he'd get in trouble. He bit his lip and copied the notes on the board. He prayed that the class would go by faster. He felt something hit his leg and looked down at the ground in puzzlement. A yellow pencil rolled to a halt by his feet. The desk next to him groaned and the next thing he knew Jackson was by his foot.

"Did you just throw your pencil at me?" Kunpimook asked.

"No, it slipped out of my hand. With a lot of force. I'm Jackson, what's your name?" Jackson said.

"Sit down. You're going to get us in trouble." Kunpimook gritted his teeth and covered up his words with a cough.

Jackson looked to the front of the class. "That old man isn't going to say anything. Besides I'm not leaving until I get your name." He snickered. 

"It's Kunpimook Bhuwakul."

"That's a long name, it doesn't sound Korean." 

"I'm not Korean. Sit down."

"You're not? Really, where are you from?" 

"Thailand. Sit down." 

"That's cool. Can I give you a nickname?" 

"What? No, sit down." 

"C'mon it'll be cool!" 

"Sit down!" 

"Please?" 

"Ok! If you sit down!" 

Jackson made his way to his seat with a proud smile. Kunpimook went back to copying the work and never glanced over once. He couldn't help but smile too, he's never had anyone show so much interest in him. 

*ring-ring-ring* Kunpimook grabbed his stuff and walked out of the classroom. He reached the hallway and found his rusty ol' looking burgundy locker. It looks just like every other locker here on campus, but Kunpimook recognized the locker number imprinted on the upper center.  He organized his books and grabbed the textbook for his next class. He shut the door and started to the next period; he was always early to class. It's not like he had anyone to talk to in between passing period.

"Hey, Bambam!" He heard a voice call from behind him. An arm draped around his shoulder and the textbook was lifted off his hands. "Do you like the name?" Jackson asked. He looked at Kunipimook's textbook and smirked. "You're pretty smart, huh Bambam? Let's go. I'll walk you to class." 

 


 

Author's note; that's all for chapter 1! We'll try to update as soon as possible so please be patient. We'd really appreciate it if ya'll could subscribe/upvote. Thanks! c: