Misstep - Yuhwan

SPEED Scenarios / One-shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

You tap your head with your fist, chastising yourself for having fallen asleep on the bus ride home. The chill of the night warned of the impending winter, the overcast sky hinted of oncoming rain. You checked your watch, groaning as you noted the last bus had left five minutes ago.

You checked your wallet as you rounded a corner, wondering if you had enough cash on you for a taxi ride home.

The blast of hip hop made you scream in fright. A large group of people were gathered around in a large circle, cheering loudly. Somehow, they’d managed to take possession of the entire block. It looked like some sort of…festival? Dance competition? Carnival?

Whatever it was, you had not time for it.

Girls wore crop tops with cargo pants, or oversized T-shirts with shorts, beanies or snapbacks. The guys wore layers upon layers, bandanas, chains, high-top sneakers, with their pants riding low on their hips.

A few of them saw you, looking you up and down. With your tailored black slacks, once wrinkle-free blue button-down, and black heels, you stood out like a sore thumb. You gripped the strap of your bag, holding your blazer against your abdomen as a shield.

One guy scoffed, running his thumb across his lip as he approached you.

“You lost, little lady?”

You most certainly were lost, but you weren’t about to tell the likes of him.

“Nope. I’m on my way home.”

He laughed, pressing his tongue against the inside of his cheek. “Doesn’t sound like you’ve got anything important to do. Why don’t you stay awhile?”

You stepped back as he reached out to touch you. “Please, don’t touch me.”

He laughed again. “Or what?”

You smiled tightly. “Just don’t.”

Someone broke away from the larger group, a young man of thin physic with a similar hip hop aura to those around him. He had dark, straight hair that framed his handsome face somewhat too stylishly with a grey beanie holding it in place. His pants were fitted to his legs, unlike the rest, and he wore a simple white tee under a heavy hoodie.

“I wou

Please log in to read the full chapter