Chapter Two

The Best and Worst of Friends

[—II—]

[Yuyeon’s PoV]

After a while...

“Omo!” Seulbi says. “Um, sorry, but I have to go! Stupid exam tomorrow!” She hurriedly leaves. Wow. I didn’t think she’d leave just to study. Then again, she’d always been crazy about good grades, even when we first met in America.

“So what do you guys want to do now?” Jonghyun asks.

I think about it for a second. “Well, what can we do?”

“Shopping!” SungAh answers in a split second. Then, she frowns again. “Oh, wait, I don’t have any money.” She sighs.

“That’s okay, Jonghyun can pay for you, noona,” Taemin says.

“Me? Why not you?” Jonghyun protests.

“Um, Taemin, remember SungAh is younger than you? She’s only seventeen,” I remind him. “And by seventeen, I meant in American age, by the way. If I say she’s eighteen she’ll get mad.”

“Yeah, do I even look older than you? Do I look old or something?” SungAh says. “I will be forever young.” Her voice is confident. Or maybe that’s just cockiness.

Jonghyun and Taemin look a little surprised. That’s understandable. She can be a bit overconfident at times. She’s smarter than most people, and she knows it. She’s great at taekwondo, and she knows it. She also says she had famous relatives, but she never says who they are. I think she overestimates herself, which could be dangerous.

We all decide to go to the mall. Not even ten minutes after we begin browsing, a group of fangirls start following us.

“Aren’t you guys bothered by them stalking you?” I wonder.

Jonghyun laughs. “Not really. It happens all the time, and they’re not really doing anything to us, so it’s okay.”

“Maybe you should talk to them,” I suggest. “It’ll make their day. SungAh and I will just be in this store over here.” I point to the fashion store that SungAh wandered into.

“Oh, okay.” He pulls out his wallet. I see he has a picture of Shinee in there. He gives me about a hundred dollars worth of won. “Don't buy something stupid like a Shinee poster. I can get that for you for free.”

“Thank you, Oppa~”

[Jonghyun’s PoV]

Yuyeon and SungAh leave. Taemin and I are approached by the group of four fans as soon as they’re gone.

“Jonghyun-oppa, Taemin-oppa, hi~” one of them, a blonde, says. “My name is Kim Eunyoon.”

A shorter one with dark hair bowed slightly, “Hello, oppas, I’m Cho Hyeri. I love your music a lot!” Hyeri gestured to the girl next to her, who had black hair and a baby face. “This is Jung Heejin. She really likes Taemin.” Heejin blushed and so did Taemin.

The fourth girl introduced herself. “I’m Song Joori. I love Shinee, especially you, Jonghyun-oppa,” she says cutely. “Could you sign this for me? I just bought it...” She pulls out a Shinee album from one of her shopping bags. Hyeri digs in her purse for a permanent marker.

“Sure,” I reply, taking to pen and scribbling my signature onto the album. I hand the pen to Taemin and he signs it, too. “There ya go.” I hand the album back to Joori.

Joori grins. “Thank you so much! I love you, oppa! My heart will always belong to you~”

“And our hearts belong to Shawols~” Taemin says.

“Aww~” the girls all say. “Taeminnie-oppa is so cute!”

Heejin, still laughing, says, “Haha, Jonghyunnie-oppa’s heart really belongs to Key, right? Jongkey is real, right? Ahahaha~” That turns the laughter into fangirlish screams.

“And 2min is real, too, right?” Joori squeals.

Taemin doesn’t know what to say and neither do I. The girls just keep on fangirling. This is...awkward...

“Hi!” Yuyeon pops up out of nowhere. “So, who are these people?”

“We’re fans of Shinee~” Eunyoon says. “Who are you?”

Without thinking, I say, “She’s my girlfriend.”

“W-what?!” Hyeri screams. “Y-your...”

“Girlfriend?!” Heejin finishes. “For real? Ya, you just broke up with Shin Sekyung not too long ago and now you already have another girl?”

“You’re lying, right?” asks Eunyoon. “Tell me it’s not so!”

I’m about to tell them the truth, but Taemin speaks first. “It’s true, they really are dating!” He looks around. “Now where’s my girlfriend?”

“Taemin-oppa has a girlfriend, too! Oh, my god~” Heejin is panicking. This is kinda funny. Kekeke.

“Oh, there you are, SungAh!” Taemin says when SungAh shows up. He puts his arm around her shoulder.

“That’s Taemin’s girlfriend. Isn’t she pretty?” I say. Haha, now it’s awkward for the fangirls. Kekekekekeke.

They look speechless.

“Yah, Unnie, please tell me you’re really Jonghyun-oppa’s sister,” Joori says to Yuyeon.

“No, I’m not,” Joori looks like she’s about to faint, until Yuyeon says with a laugh, “Don’t’ worry, I’m just his friend. We’re not dating.”

“Yeah, I was just joking,” I explain. “Yuyeon’s my friend from high school. Really, we’re not in a relationship.”

The four girls let out sighs of relief. SungAh brushes Taemin’s arm off and shrugs.

“Oh, yeah, SungAh’s just our friend, too,” I add.

Eunyoon, Hyeri, Heejin, and Joori completely calm down.

“Well, it was really nice getting to meet you in person, Jonghyun,” says Joori gratefully. “Thanks again for signing my album. We should go now.”

“Bye~” the four say at the same time. They walk away, giggling.

“That was funny,” I say.

Yuyeon and Taemin agree.

We go around the mall some more. Yuyeon doesn't buy much. So far, she's only bought a t-shirt and a simple bracelet. SungAh, on the other hand, already has five bags from five different stores. I just don't know how she bought so much with just eighty dollars. Anyone who saw her now would think she spent hundreds! Oh, I just noticed I'm taller than her. And Yuyeon. Was she always this short? At least I'm not the shortest person here! Hahaha, take that, universe. I, Kim Jonghyun, am currently the second tallest person in the group! I can't help but smile at my realization. Being tall is nice.

Hey... Wait a minute... Isn’t that... It is!

"What are you doing here?!”

[—II—]

a/n: So after a lot of thinking, I figured out the new plot in my head. Sorta. Still workin' on it because there's about four new ideas swimming in my head and another fic that I should really start writing...Well, whatever. Vote on this poll. :)