Chapter One

The Best and Worst of Friends

[—I—]

[Yuyeon's PoV]

"YAY! SHINEE! YAY!" Seulbi chants as we walk. Seoul is crowed today. We should've taken the bus or something.

SungAh, my annoying dongsaeng, keeps on telling her to shut up. I try to ignore they're arguing, but that's kind of hard since I'm walking in the middle of them.

Seulbi shouts, "Shinee is the best group ever! I love Key~!"

"Shut the hell up. Shinee isn't that great," SungAh says. She brushes her long brown hair with her fingers. "I mean, Taemin's okay looking, and Onew's is sorta voice good, but Key's face is just...ugh." SungAh shudders.

"How dare you!? Key is awesome. He is good looking and he can sing and he can rap," Seulbi argues.

"He's ugly and his voice is weird." SungAh combs through her hair again. "Super Junior is a lot better than Shinee, just saying."

Seulbi scoffs. "Shinee is my favorite group ever. Who cares about Super Junior? " Oh, god.

"WHAT THE DID YOU JUST SAY? SUPER JUNIOR ARE THE KINGS OF KPOP! SUJU, SUJU, SUJU!" SungAh chants.

Seulbi starts chanting, "SHINEE, SHINEE, SHINEE!"

Okay, now I'm annoyed. "Guys, shut up. SungAh, why are you even coming with us if you don't even like Shinee?" I smack Seulbi on the arm. "And you're seriously way too loud. People are staring."

"Owwwww." Seulbi rubs her arm. I didn't even hit her that hard. "Anyway, why are you following us, SungAh? Also, show a little respect to your unnies."

SungAh looks away. "I just have nothing else to do. Kathy-unnie has a tennis game today, so the only other option I have is to go with you guys."

I roll my eyes. "You're a hater and you're coming with us to meet Jonghyun and Taemin."

"Wowwww," Seulbi adds. "Some hater you are. I bet you're secretly a Shawol."

"Am not!"

"Okay, okay. Enough arguing," I say. "So, from here, we just cross the street and we'll be at Coffee Lovers."

Coffee Lovers is my favorite café ever. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and chocolate instantly hits you right when you walk in. It's a very cute place. There are small tables for two or four, and the chairs are of pastel colors. A lot of couples meet up there, since they sell cakes and pastries in addition the delicious drinks they serve. Even the air in Coffee Lovers tastes sweet.

When we arrive at the café, SungAh doesn't drink coffee, bubble tea, or milkshakes, so she sits at an empty table with four chairs by the front window. Seulbi and I go buy some drinks. I get a strawberry bubble tea and Seulbi gets a decaf coffee. We join SungAh at the table. Seulbi and I sip our drinks.

I stare out the window, waiting for Jonghyun and Taemin. The other two start another argument. Why did I let them sit next to each other? They keep pushing and shoving each other. I hope the boys get here before this turns into a catfight.

"Yuyeon," Seulbi calls. I stop looking outside and turn to face her. "You agree, right? Shinee is the best group ever?"

Shinee is my favorite group, that's true, but I don't want to get involved in the argument. I answer, "Shinee is my favorite group, but you guys,  stop fighting, or we'll get kicked out of this place." I doubt that will actually happen. I just want them to shut up!

A bell chimes, meaning someone came in the café. I look at the door. Before I even see who walked in, Seulbi screams.

"Shineeeeeeee!" She and every other girl in the building runs to Jonghyun and Taemin, who aren't even three steps in. SungAh and I roll out eyes.

The girls are all screaming, yelling, shouting, and begging for the boys' signatures. "Oppa! Saranghaeyo!" It's crazy. I don't even want to look at the scene. I just sit there, drinking my boba.

Eventually, the chaos dies down. The girls let the two Shinee members make their way to our table. Seulbi sits back down next to SungAh.

Taemin waves cutely. "Hi, Yuyeon-noona! Hello, hello~" I hate when he calls me noona. It makes me feel old. But he's so darn cute!

"Hi, Taeminnie." I smile at him. "Hey, Jonghyun." Jonghyun waves. Taemin sits down next to me and I realize there's no place of Jonghyun to sit. "Oh, oppa, you can sit here." I start to stand up but he shakes his head.

"No, it's okay, I'll stand."

"Jonghyun, oppa, you can sit in SungAh's seat!" Seulbi offers. "She won't mind, right?" She pushes SungAh lightly.

SungAh stands up. "Well, I don't want to sit next to you, either! Here, sit." She pushes Jonghyun toward the chair. He hesitates before taking the seat next to Seulbi.

Now Taemin stands up. "Noona, you should sit. I'll be polite and stand while you sit."

SungAh looks at him with a strange expression, like she was shocked he was offering to stand for her. "Um, I'm not your noona. I"m only seventeen."

"It doesn't matter. You can sit, I'll be okay standing." Taemin smiles kindly. SungAh sits down.

I grin. "Yay, now I'll introduce you guys~ That's Seulbi. She's a big fan." I point to her. Then, I motion at Jonghyun and Taemin. "Seulbi, you obviously know Jjong and Taemin." I gesture to SungAh, who was combing her hair with her fingers again. "This is SungAh. She doesn't really like Shinee, but she's here anyway because she has no friends." I let out a small laugh. "Anyway, SungAh, this is Jonghyun, my best friend and Shinee's lead vocalist, and Taemin, Shinee's maknae and lead dancer."

SungAh opens and closes her hand. That's how she waves. Seulbi, I can see, is trying hard to keep calm and not fangirl all over Jonghyun and Taemin. If Key was here, though, I know she'd be all over him.

"So, Taemin, you want anything to drink?" I ask. "I'll buy for you."

"Banana bubble tea~"

"You always want that!" I say.

Taemin smiles. "It's almost as good as banana milk."

"Jonghyun, do you want anything?"

"No, thanks, Yuyeon. And you shouldn't waste your money. I'll pay for you," he offers.

"Aww, thanks Jjongie. You're so nice," I say. "Unlike Taemin." I stick my tongue out at that baby. Jonghyun and I go to the counter to buy Taemin's bubble tea. I buy also buy a small cake for the five of us to share. Soon, we're all eating chocolate cake, chatting, and bonding, except SungAh who sort of tunes us out.

[—I—]

a/n: To my dear friends who requested this: ES, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?? To all you people who just happened to find this story, I hope you like it even though it . Subscribe, comment, and vote on the poll. ^^