Final

In The Dim Light Of Ignorance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This story is just like my comeback. ^^ Yay! Exam finished! Buh bye SPM! ;D
Enjoy people~ I'm joining the iKON's fic bandwagon. ;)
Hope you guys will like it.^ ^

 

 

Hanbin had always wondered; what had really it took to be a leader? What kind of stance that he had to show or how he should treat his other members without degrading them or unconsciously scarred their pride.

 

The thought kept swirling mercilessly in his mind. But he decided to shrug it off and try his best to be a good leader of his team after the CEO assigned him as the team leader for Team B. Hanbin thought he had the skill and the charisma to take the lead. The longer the time went along, all the thoughts had stopped bothering him.

 

Hanbin thought that he knew everything about being a leader. Until that incident happened....

 

 


The iKON boys were having their usual practice for the next fan meeting. With the double digital singles coming up, they had to memorize more choreography and dance routines. After all, since Yang Hyun Suk demanded some fresh changes and new performances from them, they had to even re-arrange the choreography for the existing songs.

 

Hanbin as usual took the lead and gave his command to the group. He monitored each of the members’ movements; like a hawk-eye. There would not be any mistakes that Hanbin could not detect. If any mistakes had been made, he could have seen it clearly.

 

“June ya, your left leg is too fast.”

 

“Yunhyeong hyung, your right hand is too slow. Get in sync!”

 

“Jinhwan hyung, stop tripping! You are left behind with the beat.”

 

“Yah, you’re too fast!”

 

And all of the shouting continued for the next 5 hours. When Hanbin had finally satisfied with their dance, he stopped the practice and call for a break much to the members’ relief.

 

Hanbin was wiping his sweat with the white towel given by Jinhwan when through the corner of his eyes, he saw the maknae of the group on the other side of the room; hunching over with his hands covering his mouth in an desperate attempt to lessen the cough from escaping. Chanwoo had been coughing all day long. Hanbin didn’t see the paleness in him and luckily the maknae didn’t catch a cold; thanks to the mother hen Jinhwan who had already measured his temperature before the practice began.

 

Although he didn’t catch any cold, his cough was so bad and it made the other members pissed off during the practice. It kept getting worse and they were getting extremely worried. The simple thought that Chanwoo had the tendency to neglect his health over practice only made it worst.

 

Donghyuk the other maknae gave Chanwoo a water bottle while Bobby sat beside Chanwoo on the bench with his hands drawing small circles on the maknae’s back to soothe the cough down. The lines on his face showed concern and worrisome just like the others who were equally concern about Chanwoo.  The others were sitting down on the chairs at the other side of the room but their eyes were staring at the maknae with worries flashed through their orbs.

 

The youngest claimed that he was fine and readied enough to continue the dance practice. Hanbin had no choice but to only stick to the schedule and continue along with the plan despite the slight protest from Jinhwan who wanted the maknae to go back to the dorm and rest so badly. They practiced for another hour and before their song Rhythm Ta reached Donghyuk’s part, Chanwoo had already collapsed with Junhoe and Yunhyeong beside him.

 

 


Chanwoo returned to the dorm after midnight with the manager and Bobby. The manager said the doctor only gave Chanwoo a Ringer shot and a IV Drip since he was too tired due to low blood pressure. The others were relieved that it was not too serious and that they were more than glad to see the maknae’s face at the door of their dorm. A little smile from Chanwoo over seeing his older hyungs worrying over him had a gush of relief washed over Hanbin. He had been worried sick about Chanwoo.

 

When he got his chance to approach the maknae; after a crushing hug from Jinhwan, Donghyuk and Yunhyeong and a constant back hug from Bobby, Hanbin playfully hit the younger on his arm with a pouting face. Chanwoo even though tired and in fatigue could only laugh alongside the others.

 

“If you ever do that again in front of me, you will pay for it Jung Chanwoo.”

 

 

 

Weeks passed by in a blink of an eye. Although it sounded promising with the increasing number of their fans and the immense popularity that the boys had gained, not everything was as good as that. The members realized that the more time passed by, Chanwoo was getting more sick. Since he passed out, he had been coughing non-stop and there were also times when a few of them caught him eating some medicines although the maknae claimed it for a painkiller for his legs or to help his headache.

 

Not to mention the countless of time he went to the hospital recently with the manager despite his constant pledge to the members on not to worry about himself. Jinwhan and Yunhyeong had been arguing with the manager when they where not allowed to accompany Chanwoo to the hospital each time the manager came to pick the younger up. The only thing that the two got as a reply was,

 

“This is Yang Sajangnim’s order. He should be going with me only. And besides, I am sure that Chanwoo will do just fine without his hyungs around.” And the lies in those words would never go unnoticed by all of them.

 

Day by day passed yet Chanwoo was getting sicker. The cough had gone but he had been so pale and looked weak. His eye bags were getting too prominent and the fact that how skinny he had been only made the others worried. y had took the initiative to buy the maknae’s favorite foods and even Jinhwan willingly cooked for him but Chanwoo still wouldn’t gained any weight. When it came to practice, Chanwoo surely could dance but his reflection through the mirror only made the members looked away, swallowed down the fear and cringed silently.

 

With the seconds passed, Bobby was getting clingy. Yunhyeong and Jinhwan had never been more worried than ever. The maknaes; Donghyuk and Junhoe were on alert in case something unexpected happened again but none of them were on the edge like Hanbin.

 

For the first time since their debut, Hanbin was starting to doubt about his leadership.

 

 


They had finished performing at the Melon Music Award for the night. After receiving their first ever award as the Best New Male Artist, the iKON members went to have a small celebration at their favorite restaurant before heading back to the dorm. During the whole night which was supposed to be a meaningful night, Chanwoo had been very quiet unlike his usual playful self. He had usually played around with Bobby and Hanbin or enjoyed picking on the oldest Jinhwan and Donghyuk but that night he was being too obedient for his own good. Junhoe was the first to notice.

 

The sassy maknae asked him what was wrong. Chanwoo only said that he was tired and sleepy. And the others believed it whole-heartedly knowing that it was a long night for all of them. Yet a pull on Hanbin’s heartstrings told him that something was wrong with the maknae. And he was proven right when he woke up in the middle of the night hearing the maknae writhing in pain and vomiting in the toilet.

 

 


Hanbin told Jinhwan about it the next morning. Being the oldest in the group who took a very good care of the maknae; after Bobby, Jinhwan decided to confront Chanwoo about the matter. At first, it was not their intention to involve the others in the matter but their packed schedules with the dance practice sessions from morning until night leaving them no choice other than asking Chanwoo during breakfast with the other members around.

 

When the time Chanwoo entered the dining room with Yunhyeong following behind with worried eyes, Hanbin and Jinhwan knew that they could not wait any longer just by looking at how pale he was. The moment Chanwoo took his seat beside Bobby, Jinhwan stood in front of him making the others confused,

 

“Chanwoo yah, what did you do last night?” Jinhwan asked the maknae bluntly with his soft voice hiding a very serious tone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter