Opposite

I was there

 

Maybe for him, everything was fake; A make-believe relationship so that more people would like us.

But for me, it was the exact opposite.

 

I was dying to tell him about my feelings, but I was too shy.

 

Though I was afraid of the consequences that may come, I still tried to show him that I cared.

I cared for him more than anyone else in the world.

 

We became the best of friends.

We goofed around to make our other band mates happy.

We always listened to good music together.

We shared smiles and laughed like there was no tomorrow.

 

I fell for him deeply.

I was happy.

 

But then I assumed he didn’t love me the same way I loved him.

He didn’t mention anything about “us”.

I was devastated.

 

Leeteuk hyung noticed immediately that I was a bit down since I visit their dorm often.

He tried to set me up with an actress.

 

I met her and eventually things grew more interesting between us.

As time passed, we tried to get to know each other more.

 

I spent less time with the other members of SHINee, especially with Key.

I knew he noticed it too but I don’t want to get hurt.

I can’t accept rejection, you see.

 

I dated this actress though I am still not able to move on and get over Key.

 

 

I know it’s not right, but we we’re in a win-win situation.

I’ll get over Key and she’ll be dating someone.

We’ll get to know each other more and

Who knows? We might fall for each other.

 

 

When that time comes, I can finally confess to Key about the feelings and emotions I had for him that I held on for too long 

And tell him…

 

 

“That was then. I loved you but I do not regret it. I learned a lot from this experience. Maybe we were just not meant to be. Or maybe we were, but I lost the chance.”

 

 

 

 

 

Then, he’ll realize

 

 

 

I’ll be the best he never had

 

 

 

And we’ll get over it and things will get better in time.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 I feel bad. I watched Music Bank this afternoon and I noticed that the atmosphere on stage while SHINee's performance was a bit off. Taemin forgot his line and Onew seemed a little down. Key was serious but then after a while he kept on smiling. Is he hiding something? Oh, and Minho was staring somewhere looking so lost. Jonghyun seemed fine though.

 

This is my second fic. Please do leave comments if you have time. They'd be very much appreciated.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know so I can improve my future stories :)