결혼해줘?

Tulips Are Better Than One.

When Jimin woke up hoping that last night was a dream. But no, he still woke up in his hotel room all alone. He told himself that he wouldn't cry anymore today. He wasn't sad anymore, just confused. He desperately wanted to go back to his apartment and apologize to Yoongi for overreacting, but he also didn't want to go there and face him. But Yoongi had still lied to him, about something big apparently. Jimin wasn't sure what to do. Although, Jimin had a good feeling about today. His conscience told him that something was going to happen today. Something good.

 

After he was dressed, he quickly brushed his teeth and hair, and left the hotel. He decided to go to the nursery. He might see Maria there, but he didn't care. He was still sort of upset, but he wasn't going to curse her out or anything. He just wanted to see his tulips and maybe buy a few. He entered the nursery in a quick manner, not even sparing a glance to Maria. 

 

Jimin once again arrived at his favorite display in the nursery. He thought back to the memory that made this display even more special. 

 

 

 

Jimin and Yoongi had only been dating a few months when Jimin decided to take Yoongi back to the nursery and show him his favorite display. Yoongi was dragged through the aisles by his new boyfriend and was taken to a small clearing behind the nursery outside. 

 

"Aaaannndd, here we are!" Jimin said with a smile. 

 

"It's just a bunch of flowers. How is it any different from what we saw in there?" Yoongi asked pointing back to the nursery. 

 

"Ugh, it's so much more than that! Here, climb and stand on that pillar over there. Then tell me what you see. " Jimin nudged the blond over to the tall structure.

 

"Um, okay? But that's kind of high..." Yoongi sighed. 

 

"What? You're afraid of heights?" Jimin said chuckling. 

 

"No no no. I'm just… not fond of them." Yoongi straightened his back a little, as if he were preparing for a fight.

 

"Okay, Yoongi." Jimin giggled grabbing his boyfriend's hand. "I'll go up there with you." 

 

Yoongi seemed to like that proclamation and started to climb up the 5 foot high pillar. 

 

Once they both reached the top, Jimin gasped like he always did when he saw the display. The sun was brighter today, and that made the tulip's pink color look even more vibrant and the flower they formed looking flawless. 

 

"Oh wow." Yoongi said. "You weren't kidding when you said it was pretty." 

 

"It's beautiful." Jimin breathed. 

 

Yoongi looked at Jimin until he looked back and they were gazing into each other's eyes. 

 

"Yeah. It is. More beautiful than I could ever imagine." Yoongi said and took a step closer to Jimin. 

 

Jimin felt a blush creeping onto his cheeks. 

 

"You know what else are beautiful?" 

 

Another step. 

 

Jimin was frozen. His heart was beating out of his chest and he was almost positive that Yoongi could hear it seeing how close he was. 

 

"Uh.. the other flowers in the nursery?…" Jimin squeaked. 

 

Another step. They were so close. 

 

"Your lips." Yoongi reached out his hand and brushed  Jimin's cheek softly. 

 

"Oh." Jimin's face was completely red now and he was scared to death. But oh so excited. 

 

Another step. Their noses were touching now. 

 

"Is this okay?" Yoongi said, asking for permission. 

 

Jimin nodded his head and Yoongi closed the distance. 

 

In a split second Yoongi's lips were on Jimin's. Jimin's arms automatically linked around Yoongi's neck and Yoongi's hands went to the younger's waist, pulling him closer to deepen the kiss. They stayed like that for a few more minutes, and both of them were gasping for air by the end of it. 

 

"I guess tulips are better than one, huh?" Yoongi said wiggling his eyebrows. 

 

"Oh my god. That was terrible. That pun was breakup worthy." Jimin laughed and turned around to leave, but he was spun back around by his boyfriend and was captured in another kiss. 

 

"How about, no." Yoongi quipped. 

 

Jimin hopped off the pillar, with Yoongi in hand. They walked back into the nursery where Yoongi bought Jimin some bright pink tulips to call his own. 

 

 

 

Now Jimin was crying in front of the large display. He missed Yoongi so much and the only thing he wanted was for him to be here. 

 

"Jimin?" A familiar voice said from behind him. 

 

Jimin turned around to see Maria holding a single pink tulip and what looked like a small piece of paper. 

 

"Oh hey, Maria. How have you been?" Jimin said with a sad smile on his face. 

 

"Never mind me. Here." She handed Jimin the things she was holding. 

 

"What is this stuff? And why are you giving it to me? Jimin asked her, surprised. 

 

"It's from Yoongi." She replied. 

 

"But-"

 

"No. I don't want to hear it. Now read the note. It's important." With that, she walked off back into the nursery. 

 

Jimin was stunned. What just happened? He thought. He opened the small piece of paper to find a small note scribbled on it: 

 

Meet me at the football field at 6:30 pm.

~ Love, Yoongi. 

 

Jimin was confused. Why did Yoongi want him to meet him at the football field? It was all under construction. What would they even talk about? Jimin knew that he had to apologize. He was scared. In fact, he was terrified at the thought of Yoongi breaking up with him. But he did what he was instructed to do. 

 

He got to the football field at 6:30 on the dot. He walked up to the humongous fence. Yoongi wasn't around, but another note was taped onto the fence. 

 

Go to the roof of the nursing home. Everything's unlocked. ~Yoongi

 

 

Um, okay. Jimin thought. 

 

 

When he got to the roof, he followed arrows that were also taped. He followed them all the way to the edge of the roof with a sign saying, "look down." When he did look down, Jimin couldn't believe his eyes. 

 

The football field was filled with flowers. But not just any flowers, they were Jimin's favorite. 

 

Tulips. 

 

There were thousands of multi colored tulips that filled the football field. But they didn't form a flower. They formed words. The tulips formed something in Hangul; 

 

 

결혼해줘?

 

 

Wait. 

 

 

Does that say..?

 

 

No it couldn't. 

 

 

But it does. 

 

 

 

The flowers form two simple words: 

 

 

Marry Me?

 

 

 

 

Jimin couldn't breathe. Yoongi.. is asking..Jimin.. to marry him? 

 

Then a light suddenly illuminated a sign down by the field. 

 

"Turn Around."

 

Jimin slowly turned around to see Yoongi in a stunning tux, with a tulip ring box down on one knee. 

 

"Oh my g-god, Yoongi-" Jimin stuttered. 

 

"Wait. Let me explain every single thing." Yoongi said with a smile.

 

"Okay. Jimin, I fell in love with you the first time I saw you. You were so amazingly beautiful and bright, and I couldn't take my eyes off of you that day in the nursery. That means that I've been planning this day for a really long time. A really long time. I knew I couldn't have done it by myself, so I asked for help. That day when I bought you the bonsai tree, me and Maria were discussing what day I should propose to you. We weren't talking about anything else, I assure you. Maria helped me order and plant each and every one of these tulips. Making a flower formation is harder than you think, especially when you're trying to make words, not just another big version of that said flower. When I came home that day covered in dirt, i had stayed late with Maria and we planted those tulips. The sprinkler thing that i told you was actually true. They accidentally came on in the field and we both were drenched. But she was the one who was coming to work and leaving with me. She was helping me out, and I can't thank her enough for it."

 

"Next, I want to explain the field. I'm the one who "bought" it. I talked to Namjoon, and he only made me give him a nickel for the property. Just a nickel. He was so excited to see you happy and to see everything work out that he just basically gave it to me." Yoongi's eyes were sparkling with anticipation but then some regret. 

 

"Ah, but here comes the messed up part, though. I had him plant the idea in your head that I might have been doing something with Maria so that way you wouldn't find out about the field yourself. It wouldn't have been a surprise that way. But right now, I can tell you're pretty surprised." Yoongi chuckled but then his face turned into a bittersweet expression.  Yoongi continued. " I really hope you can forgive me, Jiminie. I love you with everything I have, and I want to spend the rest of my life, by your side. You're my everything. I love you so much.  You're smart, beautiful, funny, and just the happiest person I've ever met. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm so lucky that I get to call you my boyfriend, but how awesome would it be that I could call you my fiancé? So what do you say, Jiminie? Wanna get married?" Yoongi looked at Jimin. Jimin was crying by this point, but this time out of happiness and relief. 

 

"You're supposed to say, "Will you marry me?"." Jimin said giggling while wiping his tears. 

 

"Fine. Will you marry me?" Yoongi asked in a monotone voice.  

 

"Well not if you say it like that.." Jimin sniffed and smiled wider than he ever has before. 

 

"Park Jimin, the love of my life and my precious flower, will you marry me?" Yoongi said dramatically. 

 

"Hmmm." 

 

 

"Yes. Yes, yes, yes yes and yes." Jimin laughed. 

 

 

Yoongi picked up his new fiancé and spun him around, kissing his face endlessly until Jimin screamed at him to stop. Setting Jimin down, he placed the engagement ring on his finger and pulled Jimin in for the longest kiss on record. 

 

 

"I love you, Yoongi. So very much." Jimin exclaimed. 

 

 

Yoongi just smiled and hugged his fiancé once again. 

 

 

"I know." 

 

 

"Hey, I guess tuli-" Jimin started.

 

"Don't you even dare, Jiminie. " Yoongi said groaning. 

 

"Okay. I won't." Jimin said laughing. "Hey, can we go to the nursery? I want to get some tulips." 

 

"Jimin you literally have a whole field of them right below you. " Yoongi stated. 

 

"Pleeeaasssee?" Jimin begged. 

 

 

Yoongi sighed and looked at his husband to be. 

 

"Fine." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*A/N*  Ahhh it's finished!! Omg. I loved writing this fic and seeing the response it received. I had so much fun and seeing people subscribe was the best thing ever. But anyways, I hope you like this fic! It's really special to me now. Shout-out to my best friend for inspiring to write this! Hopefully you all liked the ending. I can't wait to write more for you all! I love you guys! Oh, and congrats to that commenter who figured it out, haha. 

Sidenote: I'm not 100% sure that is the correct Hangul for "marry me". I got it off of Google Translate so don't hate me, haha.