Beautiful Liar

Beautiful Liar

I don't know. I don't know why I lied. Why I let you go. Why...

It had to end, didn't it? Ilied and pushed you away. I let you go. The memories still play over and over in my head. Memories of that night. The night I've let go of your hand. It was useless. I wasn't strong enough. I couldn't keep you by my side anymore. I lied and now I have lost you. I've lost the most precious thing.

Even now when I see you, I put on a mask and smile. My heart is torn to pieces. The pain is so strong, it makes me collapse to my knees. I want to scream in pain. But I can't. Not a word comes out. Not a single one. I only look at you and smile.

I can still remember your peaceful sleeping face. Your laugh and smile. How your eyes shined with happiness. The touches late at night, both rough and gentle ones. Brushing of our hands when no one was looking, and all those stollen kisses. The warm breath aginst my skin. I thought I will have it frever.

But I was scared. I didn't want that spark to disappear. I didn't want to be the one to ruin tat happiness, So I killed my heart. I locked up my feelings and lied. And every time I see you, I'll put on a mask in hopes of you still being the same. It's alright, I only want you to be happy. I never want to see your crying face. So... this is the last time I'll lie. So just leave. I'll lie and say I feel nothing, even if it ruins me. Even if you can see right through me, I'll hold on. So please don't worry over me.

Because I'm a beautiful... No, a cowardly liar.