Chapter 9

Fated to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a rainy Tuesday. It has been raining since dawn and the weather is undeniably cold. You put on your leather jacket and ran towards your brother's car. Today your brother Namjoon insisted to drive you to college because he said he didn't trust your driving skill on slippery roads.
"I don't get why men always think so lowly of women's driving skill. We're just as good as you all are." You complained right after you got in the car. "Ya'll drive like grandmas. End of story." Namjoon said. "Yah!" You yelled, hitting his arm. "Excuse you but I drive very well. I'll drive you someday." You said proudly. "No, thank you I value my life." Namjoon said smiled, his dimples showing. You stared at him. "Unbelievable. Are you really my brother."

"By the way, I'm going to your building first since my class isn't starting until 12." Your brother said. "What are you gonna do anyway? You don't have any friends there." You replied, still salty. "Whoa, that hurt. Don't you know I'm popular?" Namjoon said showing his signature creeper smile. "No. You never are and you never will." You replied crossing your arms.

"We'll see."

 

 

***

 

 

 

Soon as you entered the building with your brother, gasps were heard here and there. Also faint sounds of "Omo" and "Namjoon". You turned your head to your brother who had a smug look on his face. "Told you." He whispered to you. One girl actually came up to him and asked for a selfie together. Then came another, and another. Next thing you know there was this circle of girls around him and you were thrown out. "What the actual hell is this." You said to no one in particular.

"He's very popular in campus, you know." Someone said and you turned your head to see Jungkook. "Oh didn't realize you were there." You said to him, still shocked. "And why.. Why is he even popular?"

"He's your brother yet you know nothing about him." Another voice shot up and you turned your head once again to see Taehyung. Normally you would groan and walk away immediately upon seeing him, but after seeing a different side of him at the hospital the other day, his presence somehow became bearable. "He's the captain of the college's basketball team, known to be a total player, rumored to have over 30 exes." Taehyung explained to you. "He once appeared on TV because he got the highest score nationally or something and the next day the college was hoarded with girls searching for him because it is said that he looked like a model on TV." Taehyung ended his Wikipedia session and your mouth dropped to the floor (not literally).

"How come I do not know any of this . My brother's a goddamn celebrity, while I'm still a potato." You said still in trance. "A hot potato, that is." Taehyung said and winked at you. You came back to your senses immediately after hearing that. Taehyung's cheesy and annoying sentences seem to have some special effect on you. You were about to roast him but you felt a hand placed on your shoulder. "Gossiping about me?" Namjoon said while pulling you closer to his side.

"I see you've met Jungkook and Taehyung. They're my close friends." Your brother said. You rolled your eyes at him. "Oppa, I've known them since middle school. See? This proves you've never paid attention to my stories all these years!" You groaned. "Oh. Really? Wow the world is a small place isn't it. Sorry Soyeon-ah. It's been, like, 30 years ago." Namjoon tried to defend himself. "It's literally just 5 years ago." You sighed. The three of you then started to walk to the cafeteria.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter