Anger

Perspective

"Stupid Stupid Stupid" Youngjae slaps himself, replaying what happened at school "He's gonna think you're gay!" Youngjae shouts at himself "I'm not gay...I can't be gay...Can I?!" He asks himself. He runs his fingers through his hair in frustration "What am I gonna do?" He throws himself face first into his bed. Not even wanting to begin imagining whats gonna happen at school tomorrow. What if he ends up telling someone and it spreads through the school? The whole school will think he's gay. 

 

Youngjae was far from collected but so was Mark. He had been pacing back and forth ever since he got home, replaying what had happened. "Youngjae can't like me..He hates me. He always ignores me and glares at me..." He stops in his tracks "Wait...That means-" He plops down onto his bed "But he doesn't seem like it.." He stares into blank space for a few seconds before whipping out his phone and dialing a number "Mm, Mark. What is it?" Jacksons sleepy voice travels through the phone into Marks ear "I...have a question...I don't know if you'll know but since you're so close with Youngjae, you might" Mark his lips and hesitates before asking his question "Is...Does...-" "Spit it out Mark" "Does Youngjae like guys?" He blurts then quickly covers his mouth. Jackson lets out a soft laugh "What makes you think that?" Mark feels instant relief "Well...He..kind of....confessed? to me...I think" Mark still can't wrap his mind around what happened. The line goes silent "J-Jackson? Hello? You there?" "Yeah...I-I gotta go" "Wait wait. Whats wrong?" Mark asks before Jackson could hang up "Nothing. Its just late and..I'm tired" "Oh...Alright. See you at sc-" Jackson hangs up before Mark could finish.

 

"Youngjae~" Jackson cooes, tossing an arm around Youngjaes shoulders as soon as he walks out "Mark's..not here?" Youngjae asks, a little disappointed. Jacksons smile fades and he removes his arm from Youngjae, shoving his hands in his pocket "Mm. He said that he's gotta make a stop before school" Youngjae stares in confusion as his, usually cheerful, friend walks away with a hurt expression.

 

The whole walk to school was just weird and awkward. His friend is never this quiet. He's usually full of energy, happy, and talkative. Today he's quiet and....mopey? "Yah, Hyung. You okay?" Jackson turns around to face Youngjae "Hm? Yeah, I am fine. Why do you ask?" Youngjae squints his eyes in suspicion "Well...You just seem to be down. Anything happen at home?" He raises a brow, waiting for a response. Jackson looks down at the ground then back at Youngjae "Nah, Everythings fine, Just didn't get enough sleep" Jackson flashes him a brief smile before walking off into the school gates "Mhm..Sure" Youngjae mumbles to himself as he trails behind his best friend.

 

Youngjae doesn't know what to do. Jackson has never been this down or mopey. Even when he had to move to Korea. He wasn't all mopey and down like this. Yeah he was sad, but he still tried to be happy and cheerful. "Hyung, You sure you're okay?" Jackson looks up from his food "Yeah, Like I said. I'm just a bit tired. Don't think too much about it" He sends him another smile "Hey Jackson" Mark sits down next to Jackson. Jackson instantly lights up and Youngjae notices. He nods to himself and realizes the situation "Hey!" Jackson greets Mark with a huge smile "Sorry I couldn't walk with you guys,I had to go pick up my mom" He sets his phone down on the table "Did I miss anything?" "You missed a lot actually, Grade 9 students dropped water balloons on Mr.Kang and got 3 classes in detention-" 

 

Youngjae tunes him out. He's confused. Why is Jackon talkative now that Mark is here? Youngjae is Jacksons best friend, Not Mark...Well...Thats what he thought. Now he's not too sure. Youngjae begins to feel extreme jealousy. He doesn't know if it's because Jackson is paying more attention to Mark than him or if its because Mark didn't even greet him. Youngjae grits his teeth and slams his hands down on the table, gaining attention from the two and many more. He glares at the two before standing up and storming away.

 

For the rest of the day, Youngjae is just in a sour mood and snaps at everyone. It doesn't help that Jackson and Mark have been excluding him all day.

 

"Hey Choi" Youngjae rolls his eyes to himself and continues walking, completely ignoring the two familiar voices calling his name "Yah~" The catch up and stand in front of him, blocking his path "What?" He asks with a cold tone "We were wondering if you wanted to come hang out at Marks and play some video games" Youngjae scoffs "..what.." Jackson asks, rather confused. Youngjae rolls his eyes and crosses his arms "You guys ignore me all day, you didn't even greet me when you showed up, you acted all mopey and sad but when Mark showed up you were all talkative and basically ignored me. Then during gym, You guys just completely forgot I even existed. and Now you want to hang out? No thanks" He brushes past them 

 

It has now been 2 weeks sicne Youngjae has spoken to either Mark or Jackson. They tried talking to him at school when it first began but then they decided to give him some space and let him sort out his feelings and problems. To be truthful, Youngjae wants to talk to them and hang out, but the small amount of anger he has is strong enough for him to still be angry "Be home early tonight, We're having guests. If you're not home, well, You know" His father gives him a tight squeeze on the shoulder before heading out the door. Youngjae rolls his eyes. They have guests every week, its always people from his work. He's tired of all the snobby-ness and rude comments that come from the guests.

 

"Yah, Choi" Jackson and Mark still wait for Youngjae every morning. Youngjae never says anything or even looks at them. He just ignores them. "Yah, How long are you gonna stay mad at us, we sad we're sorry" Jackson mentions for the 6th time today. For some reason, the walk to school seemed much longer. After awhile, Makr and Jackson start goofing off and laughing. Which annoys Youngjae, but he's glad his friends are happy "I was thinkin-" Jackson haults when he sees Youngjae stop walking. Youngjae bites his lip and hesitates before turning around and looking Jackson dead in the eye "Can we talk?" Jackson was surprised. Youngjaes speaking to him AND he wants to talk to him. Jackson nods his head "Whats up?" Youngjae looks from Jackson to Mark then back to Jackson "Alone?" Jackson looks over at Mark then back to Youngjae "Y-Yeah, Sure" The step aside and Mark watches as the two converse.

 

"I-Is it okay...if I stay over tonight?" Youngjae asks quietly. Jackson stares at Youngjae in confusion. He's ignored him for two weeks and now he's suddenly asking if he can stay over? "Whats wrong?" Jackson quickly asks. Youngjae avoids eye contact and just stares at the ground "Nothing....I just don't want to go home to night..." Jackson places a hand on Youngjaes shoulder, giving a reassuring squeeze "Sure, but is it okay if Marks there? We made plans to hang out..." Youngjae looks over at Mark whos standing there in confusion "Yeah, whatever, I just don't want to go home...." Youngjae knows he's gonna regret not going home, but he doesn't even want to be around his dad or his business partners.

 

Schools over in the blink of an eye and the boys decide to head straight toward Jacksons house "I'm about 98% sure I failed my math test" Jackson sighs, throwing his hands in the air "I wouldn't fail if Mr.Lee didn't at teaching" "True, His teaching skills are horrible" Mark adds "Yeah, but not as horrible as his toupee" Youngjae speaks in a small voice, with a slight smile on his face. Jackson and Mark look at each other before burtsing into laughter "True, his toupee is pretty bad" Jackson says between laughs.

 

The whole night, the boys just play video games and talk. Mark ends up staying over as well. "Yah, Thats cheating!" Youngjae shouts as he frantically presses buttons, trying to figure out the game "Its not cheating, its winning with help" Jackson replies, a huge grin plastered on his face
 

"Yo, Youngjae you at games" Jackson states as the three lie down on the floor "My dad never let me play games growing up" He replies in a quiet voice "I alway hear you talking about your dad, what about your mom?" Mark asks, causing the whole room to go silent. Mark glances over at Youngjae "I'-" "She moved to America when I was 9, along with my brother" He blurts out in a brittle voice. Both Jackson and Mark feel their hearts being ripped apart as the watch their friend crumble before them "I haven't-" He's cut of by his phone ringing. He holds the phone in front of his face and stares at the number "I have to take this" 

 

"H-" "Where the hell are you?" His dads voice is low and quiet, but still full of anger "I'm o-" "You know what, I don't want to hear it. If you're not home in 10 minutes, hell is coming for you" His dad cuts him off. Youngjae swallows the lump in his throat and confidently speaks "No...I'm not coming home tonight" He hears a scoff and instantly regrets it "Oh, You're not, are you? Where are you? You're at that idiots house aren't you?" His dad goes quiet "Fine" The line goes dead. His hand falls to his side and fear engulfs him.

 

Next thing he knows, Theres a knock n the door. His head whips around and bites his lip as Jackson makes his way to the door "Oh, Mr.Cho-" Youngjaes dad pushes past him "I ing told you to be home. and now you're disobeying me?" He grabs Youngjae by the collar "Da-" "Did I or did I not tell you to be home?" He shouts "Y-You did" His father shoves him against the wall, still holding his collar "You piece of " He raises his hand. Youngjae closes his eyes and waits for impact but never feels anything. He opens his eyes and sees Marks hand firmly wrapped around his fathers wrist "You shouldn't hit people"

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

This chapter big time oh wow I'm sorry. I'm running out of ideas and kind of just writing as I go.

Please leave some feedback, I wanna know if you guys enjoy or not so I can know whether or not I should continue!

-Authornim❤