FINAL

Revenge

Silence. That's all Momo could hear as she crept inside the worn down house. Down the hallway, into the basement. It was dark. Like a void of nothingness. Momo ran her hand over the wall, searching for the light switch. Then she found it. She flicked it on, and white light filled the eerie room. She gave her eyes a few moments to adjust before looking forward to a bloody scene.

Three bodies. Laying on the floor with no sign of life.A pool of blood surrounded them. A knife, stained red, lay beside the bodies, its blade glimmering with reflected light. The bodies were almost unrecognizable, slashes and scars covering the entirety of them. It was a gruesome sight, but the young girl couldn't direct her eyes away. After all, the bodies belonged to her three closest friends. Mina, Sana, Tzuyu. But they were out cold, without any way to reawaken.

Tears streamed down Momo's face, sadness overcoming her. She felt sorrow, guilt, anger. But she was not afraid. No, she had no reason to be. There was nothing that could hurt her. But why were her friends targetted? The sweetest, kindest, prettiest of her friends too. It just didn't seem fair. Not at all.

Momo took out her phone and dialed the police. Not to ensure her police, of course not. That would be a petty, cowardly reason. But she wanted revenge. Revenge for the three people closest to her. Once she found out the identity of the culprit, she would kill them by her own hands. Without hesitation, without a second thought. It was only fair for the culprit to be killed in return for her friends' lives.

"Hello? What's your emergency?"

"Murder,"Momo replied and gave details and her address to the authorities. While speaking, her voice was cold and emotionless, like a steel blade. It was only a matter of time before she could pay back what was due. But wasn't her plan too merciful? One life, in turn for three. Momo was being quite generous in her revenger plan, though she didn't think to change it. The death of the murderer was enough for her to have a peaceful mind.

The police arrived in about an hour. There were two of them, but neither looked experienced. They were both young, with a bit of confidence shown on their faces. Momo stares at the two, as if judging them. She was skeptical as to whether their abilities were enough or not. She didn't think they could solve the case for her friends. And if they couldn't, she would have to take the entire matter into her own hands.

"I'm Dahyun. This is my partner Jihyo. Now, why don't you show us where the murder scene took place?" Momo nodded curtly and led them to the basement. The two officers began looking around for evidence, being extremely careful not to disturb anything. Momo analyzed their movements like a hawk, scanning them for any mistakes. But there were none. Maybe they were more experienced than she thought.

"There aren't any fingerprints. The culprtit clearly knew what they were doing. Like they planned everything out exactly," Jihyo explained with a sullen tone. Cold sweat ran down Momo's hands, her mind being filled with anxiety. She needed the culprit to be found. How would she exact her revenge when the target was unknown?

The police continued searching throughtout the house, eventually getting to her room. Momo followed, removing her gloves and setting them on the counter, before wiping her hands on her jeans. She stared at the two police women, who were searching too thoroughly for her liking, and she intended to stop them. Momo tapped Dahyun's shoulder to try and gain the woman's attention.

"I don't think you'll be able to find anything here if you couldn't in the basement. Let's go back so I can see my friends once more before they are buried." The officers looked at each other, skeptical, but complied to her request. They returned back to the basement, and the two officers guarded the basement door so Momo could see her friends for the final time. She headed over to the bodies and knelt down beside them. But this time, there was no sadness. She knew what she wanted to do. She knew since the beginning.

Momo silently picked up the knife and turned to the unsuspecting officers who were engaged in a quiet conversation. She quickly stabbed the both of them in the stomach before a reaction could come. The two bodies slumped to the floor, the blood gushing everywhere and adding to the already existant pool.

"Three lives for three lives," Momo whispered, chuckling softly as she the knife into her own abdomen. No pain was felt. Only satisfaction. Her revenge had been taken perfectly, without any mistakes.

Six bodies. A pool of blood. One red stained knife. And one unseen, forgotten mirror with the name of the culprit painted on it in bright, blood red letters. "Momo."